Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I have a sinus infection. My slight congestion has turned into swollen lymph nodes and an earache.

I am already getting the hydrogen peroxide.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Not unless I duct tape his mouth closed and duct tape him to the wall. He won’t stay in his room alone or with sisters, so now quiet time is his sisters get to have quiet time while I sit on the couch with him and watch mighty machines and pray that he gets droopy enough to fall asleep. That happens once or twice a week. But today he was being a real pill, talking constantly, flopping around, kicking me. I’m really tired of being a punching bag.

No. I'm done. I'm supposed to, but no. I have migraines daily, I can't stand up straight because my back hurts so much, my step count went from >6,000 to <1,000 and I almost cried lifting Alex to change his diaper. I'm risking a false negative but I'm done.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yeah, sounds like time to be done.

• Like 1

I'm so tired. After work, I dropped off dc with ds31 and ran errands. Best Buy to check prices on ds10 birthday present, Ross to get myself some shoes (they had 2 pair!!!), Aldi, Walmart to pick up an online order of potting soil and weed & feed and stuff, and to pick up ds31 supper (he gave me the money for it).

I had to force myself onto the treadmill for a mile. But now I have had a hot bath and am having a snack. All is well.

((((Junie, Lana, Critter, Slache))))

Prayers, Slache!

Sounds like you got a lot in even without the mile on the treadmill!

I'm sorry for whining. I know some of you go through worse every day.

Whine away.  We are here for you.  It is still rough on you, and I would like to see yours addressed before it gets as bad as it has gotten for others.  If whining here where you have friends helps in any way (even emotionally) then we have served a purpose.  So  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: !

This is a BOOYA with no H just for Slashie!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Schools are closed here tomorrow because of the Nor'easter.

Shhh.  Don't tell my kids.  ;)

I am very tempted to homeschool through spring break this year simply because of the lengthy interruptions we have already had to date.  However, spring break coincides with TWO cousins' birthdays and the entire bunch usually comes down to ILs' house to visit.  I anticipate not getting much, if any, schooling done over spring break.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday.  This month we also have two niblings' and an SIL's birthdays.  We need to get some presents selected!

• Like 2

So... I keep having piercing pain shooting above my right temple and the top of my scalp. I went to the chiropractor tonight to hopefully fix it. I’m home from chiro and the pain is still shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Is it any better this morning?

Daddy update from Mom: 

Too good not to share! Chuck gave a thumbs up to his speech therapist as soon as he walked in. He followed several commands and when Joe told him to say "one", he proceeded to count independently to 6 and then he said, "that's all folks". He saw me this morning and said, "hey there, Chickie Baby." He reached out his hand and pulled me down for a kiss. All of this must have worn him out because he is sound asleep and quietly snoring. The day is bright with sunshine, not only outside, but in my heart too.

(All happy and good, whereas yesterday he was awake while they transitioned him to a smaller trach. He decided to take it out when the doctors left the room,  :ohmy:  :scared:  :ohmy:  :scared:  and he had to wear "boxing gloves" as a result! It's a new adventure every day until his cognitive abilities catch up with his physical abilities!)

• Like 10

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

More rain!!🌧🌧🌧ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕

I’m having to be flexible today. We’re going to try Plan B and go to the play tonight and pierce the ears tomorrow morning. Both of DD’s besties are going to the Rock ‘n Worship Roadshow tomorrow night, which means Plan A (do everything tomorrow) won’t work. I’m going to try really hard to not care that I have to drag everyone to the Big City on a cold and rainy night, when i’d Really rather just be home.

I hope everyone who was not feeling well is feeling better this morning!! Slashie, I really hope you can get some answers.

Hi, JJM!!

Yay, Critter, for little plantlings. They are so cute when the are young.

Yay, Mary, for the DadPo!! I am so glad he is doing better.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Daddy update from Mom: 

Too good not to share! Chuck gave a thumbs up to his speech therapist as soon as he walked in. He followed several commands and when Joe told him to say "one", he proceeded to count independently to 6 and then he said, "that's all folks". He saw me this morning and said, "hey there, Chickie Baby." He reached out his hand and pulled me down for a kiss. All of this must have worn him out because he is sound asleep and quietly snoring. The day is bright with sunshine, not only outside, but in my heart too.

(All happy and good, whereas yesterday he was awake while they transitioned him to a smaller trach. He decided to take it out when the doctors left the room,  :ohmy:  :scared:  :ohmy:  :scared:  and he had to wear "boxing gloves" as a result! It's a new adventure every day until his cognitive abilities catch up with his physical abilities!)

The people praying for him wondered how he was doing. I gave them the last update. They said to tell you if there is anything specific you would like them to address with prayer, to let them know.  :001_smile:

Glad to hear he is doing so well!

• Like 5

How do they exercise the chickens?

I'm picturing little treadmills with the turtles standing over them barking commands and keeping the hawkparazzi away.

• Like 5

Daddy update from Mom: 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I'm excited about gardening this year. That's good. I've been kind of down since last summer--not enough to think I need anything other than more exercise and fresh air, but down nonetheless. I was happy to see the basil plants breaking the soil this morning. First time I've felt really happy about things in a little while.

I hope that continues.

• Like 3

Would you be irritated if you went to put your dh’s shirts away and found that he had written on the hangers which shirt goes on which hanger and what order it goes in? Lately I’ve been struggling not to be annoyed at every little thing he does but sheesh. I feel like I’m owed some sort of heads up. I know it’s a bit much to expect, “Hey, I know my OCD makes a lot of extra work for you, thanks for being patien,†but I would appreciate at least, “hey, I want an easier system for myself, so do you mind...â€

🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀ðŸ™

One of my turtles likes his stuff put away "just so." He folds his own stuff and hangs up his own shirts and pants that he wants on hangers. Everyone is happier. 

So it wouldn't make me irritated, but I would basically be of the opinion that if it has to be "one way" then the only way is to have him do it himself.

• Like 5

I thought about just dumping his shirts on his side of the bed but it didn’t seem like worth starting a fight over. It’s been like the cold war over here for the past two weeks anyway.

Have you got a steam setting for your dryer? I'd be tempted to pile the shirts up in a special basket, and then when he's ready to hang them up, toss them in the dryer to get all the wrinkles out so they will be ready for him to hang up in the order he wants them.

ETA: Another option would be to have him separate out his laundry from the family laundry and do it last thing in the day so that he can hang it up when he gets in.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

Funny, I was just wondering if heat would help. I didn't know you LITERALLY needed heat yesterday! Anyway, if heat does help your pain - do you have a heating pad? Or throw your bathrobe in the dryer for 10 minutes and then put it on. Hot shower. Hot tea (the kind you drink). Hair dryer.

I'm okay now, but the building was freezing. I'll bring something next week. Good call. Maybe a hot toddy.

I have sprouts!

Basil was planted Wednesday afternoon. It's up this morning.

Good morning basil!

Is that the show you are going to see? I hadn't seen any trailers or commercials for that one. It looks amazing!

Yes! Last time the kids played Cirque Du Soleil for months.

:willy_nilly:

🛌

Whine away. We are here for you. It is still rough on you, and I would like to see yours addressed before it gets as bad as it has gotten for others. If whining here where you have friends helps in any way (even emotionally) then we have served a purpose.

This is a BOOYA with no H just for Slashie!

:001_wub:

Daddy update from Mom: Too good not to share! Chuck gave a thumbs up to his speech therapist as soon as he walked in. He followed several commands and when Joe told him to say "one", he proceeded to count independently to 6 and then he said, "that's all folks". He saw me this morning and said, "hey there, Chickie Baby." He reached out his hand and pulled me down for a kiss. All of this must have worn him out because he is sound asleep and quietly snoring. The day is bright with sunshine, not only outside, but in my heart too.(All happy and good, whereas yesterday he was awake while they transitioned him to a smaller trach. He decided to take it out when the doctors left the room, :ohmy: :scared: :ohmy: :scared: and he had to wear "boxing gloves" as a result! It's a new adventure every day until his cognitive abilities catch up with his physical abilities!)

:crying: :hurray: This is amazing!

I'm picturing little treadmills with the turtles standing over them barking commands and keeping the hawkparazzi away.

Twenty first century digital chickens!

Oh, you know what?! That's what ds33 and ddil went to see a couple of weekends ago! Ddil loved it! Ds33 said it was all right.

I love Cirque Du Soleil. It's awesome sauce.
  • Like 3

I guess I’m just whiny lately.

I get whiny.  But I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I would like the labeled hangers.  It frustrates me to have to follow what seems like arbitrary rules and having it labeled so that I can just read the label and not really think about it would be a plus in my book. 

• Like 3

I just signed away my rights to an annuity based on DH's pension. They said almost 90% of people take it, so its a little scary, but the math didn't seem to favor it for us. You have to pay in a lot of money for a long time with no guarantee of any benefit. Hopefully I won't regret this later. Making adult decisions is hard....

I'm sure 90% of people are bad at math too, so, who cares what 90% of people did?

(okay, I'd probably be feeling a bit nervous too, but just saying that most people aren't known for making great financial choices (including us))

My plan is to have the test tomorrow. If it's negative I will still go GF and eventually pay out of pocket to see if I even have the genetic markers for celiac because that could rule it out completely, anyway. If I have a (potentially false) negative but have the markers for it I will consider taking the test at a better time. Like when I'm dead.

How/where would you have your genetics tested?

I'm excited about gardening this year. That's good. I've been kind of down since last summer--not enough to think I need anything other than more exercise and fresh air, but down nonetheless. I was happy to see the basil plants breaking the soil this morning. First time I've felt really happy about things in a little while.

I hope that continues.

Happy Spring!

• Like 1

I get whiny.  But I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I would like the labeled hangers.  It frustrates me to have to follow what seems like arbitrary rules and having it labeled so that I can just read the label and not really think about it would be a plus in my book. 

I agree with this, Jeannie. For the same reason.

• Like 1

AoPS is weird. My child came in to report that she completed 2 problems in an hour and we were all :party: .

:mellow:

:grouphug:  for everyone who needs them. I am trying to keep up but trying not to actually come here, :sad:  because I'd rather stay than do what I need to get done.

• Like 8

Would you be irritated if you went to put your dh’s shirts away and found that he had written on the hangers which shirt goes on which hanger and what order it goes in? Lately I’ve been struggling not to be annoyed at every little thing he does but sheesh. I feel like I’m owed some sort of heads up. I know it’s a bit much to expect, “Hey, I know my OCD makes a lot of extra work for you, thanks for being patien,†but I would appreciate at least, “hey, I want an easier system for myself, so do you mind...â€

At that point I might be tempted to leave the shirts and hangers on his side of the bed, perhaps with a note on how to use the dryer to wrinkle-release the shirts, if needed.  He can hang his own shirts.

DH doesn't make our bed after the bedding is washed because I'm rather OCD about getting everything straight and FLAT.  If it is not straight and flat it bothers me all night long because the covers won't behave or I'm attempting to sleep on wrinkles or whatever.  So I make the bed so everything is right instead of DH trying to (and always failing because he can't quite grasp every fine detail).

DH here washes his own clothing because he has his own OCD details about that.  It bothers him enough if his work clothes aren't washed quite right (the fabrics irritate him all day long), so he figured out what works and does his own laundry.

I wash the towels so they won't be loaded down with fabric softener.  Too much fabric softener makes towels wonderfully fluffy, but also water-repellent.  I like my towels to dry me/things when I use them, thank you.  My family has yet to learn how little softener is actually needed for towels.

I am learning to let go of being OCD about how dishes are placed in the dishwasher.  So long as they get clean and fragiles don't knock into each other I'm learning to let it be.  I'd have an easier time learning to let go when clean things aren't put away in the proper spots if there were some predictable pattern to where they do get put.  DD puts them away in different places every time, however, which makes it challenging finding stuff when I am cooking.  To address this perhaps I need to make DD cook all of the suppers for a week or more AND do all of the dishes.  Let her hunt for the things!

Learning how to manage OCD tendencies is an ongoing challenge around here.

• Like 1

It’s an intermittent thing. I will be minding my own business and suddenly a lightning bolt of pain hits the top of my scalp or my temple. So far none but I have only been awake for fifteen minutes.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope it stays away all day.  

• Like 1

Any of you who pray, will you please pray hard for the next day or so? Unspoken, and doesn't involve my family. Unless we end up stepping in to help, anyway. Thanks!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for whomever.

I've decided against this because apparently you can still have the disease without the markers.

I think what I've discovered, on my own path, is this:

1. Some doctors don't care what your symptoms are, they only look at test results.  This may not be true of your doctors now, but think about the long term.

2. Some issues have genetic predispositions that affect your children. If you have celiac disease, I'd think you'd for sure want all of your children tested....and for them to be aware to have their children tested.

• Like 2

I agree that noting it on paper is probably less kind than he thought it would be.

I would say something. "When I just see it written down like an order, instead of hearing it from you, it seems really impersonal, like a job, and not something I do because I love you and care for our family."

Or, if you've agreed that you will do the housework so he can go to work without worry so you can homeschool etc. then I'd give him some visibility to the time you have available for laundry and cooking. Then explain that you are happy to do the extra work, but x, y, or z is probably going to fall by the wayside. Maybe something you don't really care about... like cleaning the fridge?

:grouphug:

• Like 4