Menu

Ignore this thread!

:grouphug: Slache. I hope you do feel better tomorrow. Two more weeks of gluten, right?

No. I'm done. I'm supposed to, but no. I have migraines daily, I can't stand up straight because my back hurts so much, my step count went from >6,000 to <1,000 and I almost cried lifting Alex to change his diaper. I'm risking a false negative but I'm done.

• Like 1

No. I'm done. I'm supposed to, but no. I have migraines daily, I can't stand up straight because my back hurts so much, my step count went from >6,000 to <1,000 and I almost cried lifting Alex to change his diaper. I'm risking a false negative but I'm done.

I wish I had done the right things to find out if I have Celiac.  It would help me to know if my kids are at risk for it.  I'm not going to tell you to keep eating gluten, but I would talk to your doctor about what benefits there might be to getting a conclusive test.

Are they planning to do a biopsy?

I'm sorry for whining. I know some of you go through worse every day.

Just because other people go through worse does not make your pain insignificant.

Whine away if you want to.

• Like 7

So... I keep having piercing pain shooting above my right temple and the top of my scalp. I went to the chiropractor tonight to hopefully fix it. I’m home from chiro and the pain is still shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I wish I had done the right things to find out if I have Celiac.  It would help me to know if my kids are at risk for it.  I'm not going to tell you to keep eating gluten, but I would talk to your doctor about what benefits there might be to getting a conclusive test.

Are they planning to do a biopsy?

Just because other people go through worse does not make your pain insignificant.

Whine away if you want to.

My plan is to have the test tomorrow. If it's negative I will still go GF and eventually pay out of pocket to see if I even have the genetic markers for celiac because that could rule it out completely, anyway. If I have a (potentially false) negative but have the markers for it I will consider taking the test at a better time. Like when I'm dead.

• Like 4

So... I keep having piercing pain shooting above my right temple and the top of my scalp. I went to the chiropractor tonight to hopefully fix it. I’m home from chiro and the pain is still shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear that. The virus going around starts with headaches. It is a beast of a cold but it does end eventually so I'm not sure whether I should hope for that or for something that could be fixed more expensively?

Feel better soon. You too, Slache.

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear that. The virus going around starts with headaches. It is a beast of a cold but it does end eventually so I'm not sure whether I should hope for that or for something that could be fixed more expensively?

Feel better soon. You too, Slache.

Thanks. This isn’t a virus. It is nerve pain. My neurologist said that we should pursue it further if it continues. If it doesn’t go away, that’s the plan.

• Like 3

So it looks like tomorrow is an absolute deluge with hurricane force winds.

I still think dh is a wuss for not biking to work.

#isaidwuss

Around here wind is my only 100% no go. I can bike in snow and rain but if there are projectiles going through the air, I will. not. ride.

Thanks. This isn’t a virus. It is nerve pain. My neurologist said that we should pursue it further if it continues. If it doesn’t go away, that’s the plan.

:( A woman on my team has nerve pain in her head and migraines (related, but unhappily, two separate phenomena). I hope it goes away. 

• Like 4

Better. I think 4 hours in a building with no heat and it being like 35 outside really did me in. Normally I do my job really quickly and get out but I'm training this chick who lied about her abilities and it's taking her 4 hours to do 20 minutes worth of work. I still have so much to do! I can do the rest from home but this woman will never be trained!

Eta: COFFEE! BIBLE! SO MANY NAPS!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Junie, I was wrong. Apparently you can not have the genetic markers for celiac but still have the disease, it's just less likely. So if I get negative results I will have to decide whether it's worth it to test later. I had mentioned it in case you wanted to go that route but it looks like it's a waste of money.

• Like 3

I have a horrible tension headache. The snappers have been extra snappy and that didn't help. They have been sent outside to exercise the chickens.

ETA: It's a Teenage Grumpy Turtles Booyah!

How do they exercise the chickens?

• Like 1

Better. I think 4 hours in a building with no heat and it being like 35 outside really did me in. Normally I do my job really quickly and get out but I'm training this chick who lied about her abilities and it's taking her 4 hours to do 20 minutes worth of work. I still have so much to do! I can do the rest from home but this woman will never be trained!

Eta: COFFEE! BIBLE! SO MANY NAPS!

Funny, I was just wondering if heat would help.  I didn't know you LITERALLY needed heat yesterday!  Anyway, if heat does help your pain - do you have a heating pad?  Or throw your bathrobe in the dryer for 10 minutes and then put it on.  Hot shower.  Hot tea (the kind you drink).  Hair dryer.  

• Like 2

My one and only niece was born in January.  I have not met her yet.

Weather and colds and work schedules have prevented the trip until now.

I was planning to take the girls to Pennsylvania tomorrow so that we could meet her this weekend.

My mom just emailed me and said to check the weather.

:glare:

They are calling for very high winds all day tomorrow, which would make travel dangerous.

:thumbdown:

I think we're going to end up cancelling the trip.

:thumbdown:

Unless we leave in the next hour.

:svengo:

I think we're going to end up cancelling the trip.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm sorry you have to cancel.  I hope you get another good opportunity soon!

• Like 1

Ds is asking me 3very ten seconds if quiet time is over.

Could he maybe have a timer (in his sight but not his control) to watch to tell when quiet time will be over?

• Like 1

W. African plasas and rice for dinner tonight.

Dd15 gets to get her braces off in a week! 6 months earlier than originally planned! She is so happy happy happy!

Hooray!!!!  Wonderful news for DD15!

DD13 gets her Herbst out at the end of this month.   :hurray:  :hurray:   But then she gets brackets put back in.... :glare:

• Like 1