Menu

Ignore this thread!

Would Neko have a fit if you taught the puppy to pee in the litter box?

Probably, yeah.

That's me!  I booyah while coming up with very felpful suggestions!

And then I quote myself instead of editing the post....   :banghead:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

My teens wake up at 5am during the week by choice. What is wrong with them?? When I was their age I was rolling out of bed 10-15min before the bus came. They sleep in until lunch on Saturdays if undisturbed so it's not like they are naturally waking up so early. One DD was mad that she missed her alarm and woke at 5:30 instead of 5. She doesn't have to leave until after 8 and gets her shower at night....do not understand. 

• Like 8

I've always wondered how people take dogs out daily in the Pacific northwest. I figured everyone just wore rain gear all the time. I keep picturing Juliet getting into her little tweed raincoat and matching booties before going out every few hours.

I was picturing a yellow slicker and galoshes.   :laugh:

• Like 3

I have two mulberry trees.

I love mulberry trees! I don't know why fruiting mulberries are not more popular; they're especially great for kids. One of mine is a weeping mulberry so even the toddlers can reach berries easily.

I think it is because the fruit doesn't store well. Mulberries are a grazing and snacking fruit, and best right from the tree. Also, they do attract fruit-eating birds. That's actually one reason I want a few of them. I'd like to see more birds in the summer.

• Like 2

Watched the last episode last night (after I posted) and I think if you aren't in a happy place it could be too much. It went from generally weird to OMGWTF really fast and not in a good way.

Thank you.  I will steer clear.

#ain'tgottimeforthatrightnow

One turtle wants to purchase a few mulberry trees to go in our front yard. He also wants some pampas grass.

Plant the mulberries well away from where you park the cars.  Mulberries are quite nice, but not when the birds eat them and then hang out over your cars.

• Like 4

My teens wake up at 5am during the week by choice. What is wrong with them?? When I was their age I was rolling out of bed 10-15min before the bus came. They sleep in until lunch on Saturdays if undisturbed so it's not like they are naturally waking up so early. One DD was mad that she missed her alarm and woke at 5:30 instead of 5. She doesn't have to leave until after 8 and gets her shower at night....do not understand. 

Quiet time of day when demands are fewer and the brain is oh-so-fresh.  Early morning was my favorite time of day until I worked graveyard shift at an all-night Denny's and killed that natural tendency of mine to wake early.  My days seem to go much better if I can greet the dawn.  Now I have a west-facing bedroom window overlooking a streetlight that shines in my window all night long.  Blackout curtains are a must, but kill the dawn helping me wake up.

• Like 2

My yard is too shady for my plant dreams.  :sad:

Mine is too hot and the soils are clay mixed with rocks. Not good for much. 

I really, really, really want Lady Slipper orchids, mountain laurels, rhododendrons and Iceland poppies. Yeah...

I could probably get away with the first, and maybe the second, but the last two would smother.

• Like 1

I want a white board. I have nowhere to put one, but I want one.

We have a big one. I don’t hang it up, I just drag it around all over the place. Right now it’s propped up against the wall. When the kids want to do science in the living room, I prop it up against the couch.
  • Like 3

We'll have to put our mulberries down in the draw near the creek. In the yard we have no major trees because about a foot and a half down there is a solid shelf of slate. DH had a time breaking through to get the waterline dug. And in the adjacent yard, we have the septic field. So any mulberries will be well away from the house, cars, deck, and so forth.

• Like 4

My bank has not yet posted my "paycheck" to my checking account, so I can't pay down my household credit card.  Dad's charges are killing me, and while I did deposit a check this morning from Dad's account to reimburse me for the purchase of his lift recliner it will take a day or two to clear.  My credit card is getting uncomfortably close to the limit, and I don't like that.  My "paycheck" is simply a scheduled transfer from DH's account to mine, and usually posts by 6 AM.  What's taking so long?!?

But prepared for snails. Lots and lots of snails.

I read the most interesting book about what to do with snails. The author is very much into organic gardening and has a live-let-live policy. But snails and slugs have to be dealt with in the garden. So, he collects them every morning and takes them to his special compost bin. He doesn't use this for his garden (because eggs) but he gives these slugs and snails vegetable and kitchen scraps that don't go in his regular compost. The kicker is that this slug/snail paradise is in his chicken pen. If the snails or slugs try to leave, they get eaten. :laugh:

• Like 5

My bank has not yet posted my "paycheck" to my checking account, so I can't pay down my household credit card.  Dad's charges are killing me, and while I did deposit a check this morning from Dad's account to reimburse me for the purchase of his lift recliner it will take a day or two to clear.  My credit card is getting uncomfortably close to the limit, and I don't like that.  My "paycheck" is simply a scheduled transfer from DH's account to mine, and usually posts by 6 AM.  What's taking so long?!?

:grouphug: Hopefully it will be there soon.

Mulberries aren’t horribly popular around here. My dad’s neighbor has a tree and we picked some once. It was like eating little grubs. They were pale and ugly.

The right variety is important. Some of them are not flavorful at all. The ones I liked as a kid were so red they were almost black when ripe.

• Like 1

I read the most interesting book about what to do with snails. The author is very much into organic gardening and has a live-let-live policy. But snails and slugs have to be dealt with in the garden. So, he collects them every morning and takes them to his special compost bin. He doesn't use this for his garden (because eggs) but he gives these slugs and snails vegetable and kitchen scraps that don't go in his regular compost. The kicker is that this slug/snail paradise is in his chicken pen. If the snails or slugs try to leave, they get eaten. :laugh:

Hmmm, I like that idea. Snails are a money-making proposition for my kids every spring. I pay 5 cents per snail and the kids either throw them against the fence or dig a hole and bury them all. Some years they earn $5-10 each out picking snails.
  • Like 1

The right variety is important. Some of them are not flavorful at all. The ones I liked as a kid were so red they were almost black when ripe.

That makes sense. The ones I had weren’t flavorful, either. They were sweet, but that was all. Sweet little grubs.

Matt won't let me.

Duct tape!

Three years as of March 15!!!!   :party:  :party:  :party:

Beware the Ides of March!!!   :laugh:

Today is the day that I pay for being gone for three days. :glare:

:grouphug:

ETA:  It's a "We're bigger than Caesar" Booyah!!!!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

Hmmm, I like that idea. Snails are a money-making proposition for my kids every spring. I pay 5 cents per snail and the kids either throw them against the fence or dig a hole and bury them all. Some years they earn $5-10 each out picking snails.

Argh! 

I don't pay a premium on stink-bugs because the boy likes picking them off. He says it's very satisfying to flick them all into his jar of soapy water. But I might pay him to do my squash and pumpkins for me.

• Like 2

Y'all will be pleased to hear that Eye of the World is picking up. I'm in Chapter 5. I still don't like any of the characters, though. :sad:

And this is what happens with agents. The series is a classic, everyone loves it, and I can't get into it because I don't have a character that I want to support. 

ETA: Probably what the form letter, "Writing has merit but I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped," means.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

We have a big one. I don’t hang it up, I just drag it around all over the place. Right now it’s propped up against the wall. When the kids want to do science in the living room, I prop it up against the couch.

Krissi, I read too fast and thought that you were responding to a post about trees, not a post about whiteboards.

:lol:

• Like 7

30 minutes of sleep.

Today is the day that I pay for being gone for three days. :glare:

How are you feeling?

Good kids!

I remember PNW wet as gentler than rain in the South or midwest. The first time it rained on me in Ohio it felt like someone was trying to drown me.

Definitely. I can be in the rain for an hour and dry in 5 minutes, but in Ohio I could be in the rain for 5 minutes and wet for an hour.
  • Like 3

Happy Thursday!!!

I've coffeed enough to overcome my PG Hangover.   And it's sunny and warm and the kids are piano-ing, so life is good.   And ITT Anniversary #3 is approaching!!!  Yippee!!   

That means spring is on its way, too.   Birds chirping, kids playing in the trees,  ITT and coffee on the deck, planning for next year....  :coolgleamA:  :001_wub:

• Like 4

I haven't written in my journal in two days. I got a letter advising me to announce my Camp Nano project this month. I have query letter to send out today. Plus I need to write and work on tightening my synopsis. :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

• Like 2

I think DH and his parents might qualify as fellow tree hoarders.   :laugh:

My mom too. I had to nix the almond tree plan though because allergies. She said she'll plant it on the other side of the property. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not...

She's allowed some fruit to fall and she told me they started sprouting - about 60 more trees! I told her to pot them, and when they get big enough to sell them at a farmer's market. I have no idea if there is a farmer's market near her...

• Like 3

Duct tape!

Beware the Ides of March!!!   :laugh:

:grouphug:

ETA:  It's a "We're bigger than Caesar" Booyah!!!!!

Those Ides have been redeemed.  They are now the ITTs of March!

• Like 5

30 minutes of sleep.

How are you feeling?

Good kids!

Definitely. I can be in the rain for an hour and dry in 5 minutes, but in Ohio I could be in the rain for 5 minutes and wet for an hour.

Down here in SE Texas some days you can just step outside and be wet.  On a bright, clear day.

#fartoomuchhumidity

• Like 5

I haven't written in my journal in two days. I got a letter advising me to announce my Camp Nano project this month. I have query letter to send out today. Plus I need to write and work on tightening my synopsis. :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

I can't camp this year at all -- too much else going on.  I will continue to vicary through your posts here.

Quiet time of day when demands are fewer and the brain is oh-so-fresh.  Early morning was my favorite time of day until I worked graveyard shift at an all-night Denny's and killed that natural tendency of mine to wake early.  My days seem to go much better if I can greet the dawn.  Now I have a west-facing bedroom window overlooking a streetlight that shines in my window all night long.  Blackout curtains are a must, but kill the dawn helping me wake up.

So THAT's what happened to me! I also woke early when young. It started as a necessity in college (had to catch the 6am bus - it was the first year they even had a bus! - to make an 8am class). Then became habit. Then I worked graveyard shift at the juvenile prison. No more waking early. I often desire it though. But then stay up until midnight...or later.

I actually went to bed at 9:15 last night! Aren't you proud of me? 

• Like 3