Menu

Ignore this thread!

Why are you awake?

Dunno.

I mean, the baby woke up and nursed. Usually I can go back to sleep but if it is within a few hours of morning time my brain sometimes just goes into awake mode.

Not good because I need the sleep!

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

Dunno.

I mean, the baby woke up and nursed. Usually I can go back to sleep but if it is within a few hours of morning time my brain sometimes just goes into awake mode.

Your body releases hormones while you nurse that help you sleep or stay awake depending on the time of day. Perhaps your body is confused.
  • Like 1

Kentucky isn't too far. Or Indiana - we may be going to that vicinity eventually to visit my in-laws if they ever get there. You'll probably have one by then. :D

You can meet in the middle at my house!  Party!   :party:

Why do I feel feverish even though my temperature is 97.3?

That happened to me back when we were passing around colds.  I wondered why too.  

Everything hurts and I'm dying. And I have insomnia. Imma read so at least I'll die with unicorns.

:grouphug:

Dunno.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

I will say, the idea of just doing the next thing is very appealing. Not only is he academically behind, but he is immature. He turns 14 next week, but he feels more comfortable around kids a year or two younger than he is. His best friend is a 6th grader - and the power in that friendship is equal. And he is doing great with other things. He volunteers every Tuesday morning at the church nursery during Mom’s Bible study, he loves Boy Scouts, he’s part of the fledgling junior high worship band. All these things are his own iniative. It would be great to have a third year of middle school, no credits or transcripts, just growing up a bit.

This sounds very good.  And healthy.  And peaceful.  

• Like 3

Good morning! My fitbit is trying to wake me up and I've been up for a half hour already, silly thing.

It is March 1st! Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day and the First Day of Spring are coming up!

🕠🀠🌷

Hope our sleepless peeps can get in a nap!

I wonder how much rain we got last night. I covered my new strawberry plants so they wouldn't drown. The sun will come out tomorrow! I have to bring dd15 to tutorial, stop by the bank, and go to the grocery store and Home Depot, and later take dd15 to the orthodontist and then orchestra rehearsal tonight.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good morning! My fitbit is trying to wake me up and I've been up for a half hour already, silly thing.

It is March 1st! Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day and the First Day of Spring are coming up!

🕠🀠🌷

Hope our sleepless peeps can get in a nap!

I wonder how much rain we got last night. I covered my new strawberry plants so they wouldn't drown. The sun will come out tomorrow! I have to bring dd15 to tutorial, stop by the bank, and go to the grocery store and Home Depot, and later take dd15 to the orthodontist and then orchestra rehearsal tonight.

Coffee!

AND the ITT Anniversary!!!!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 7

My phone died, which is where my unicorns are residing so I'm playing with my K-8 course catalog I designed based on Junie's idea. I realized that since we've dropped SOTW formally we can begin our next history cycle sooner than 5th grade.  

• Like 5

I didn't get back to sleep.

Instead I went to the StarkBros nursery website and filled my cart with fruit trees and berry plants.

When my brain is more awake I'll have to go back and see if I can actually afford any of my dreams :tongue_smilie:

I then listened to another half hour of chemistry, all about acids and based and buffers and batteries, but it still didn't put me to sleep.

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

Today's schedule:

Drive ds7 to school.

Get ds12 off to his STEM program (carpool)

Martial arts

Work on organizing storage shed and try to find dd14's team headband and earrings for dance because she needs them for competition Saturday.

Pick up ds12 + carpool kids.

Pick up ds7.

Dd14 dance class.

Ds12 basketball game.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Somewhere in there we need to fit in music practice and school work and cleaning and a nap for mom.

• Like 6

Instead I went to the StarkBros nursery website and filled my cart with fruit trees and berry plants.

That's where I got my rhubarb and strawberry plants and several packets of seeds. There were many other things in my cart that I had to leave behind. :( maybe some day...

• Like 1

I finished chapter 1.

Twinsies!

Unfortunately, I'm not addicted to sticking to any one plan. Or maybe, that's fortunate...?

Yo tambien. Definitely a blessing. Makes for happier kids.

Oh, I remember what I forgot:

Drive dd10 to school (she's in a Tues/Thurs part time program). And pick her up.

Just call me cabby.

Cabby.
  • Like 5

That's where I got my rhubarb and strawberry plants and several packets of seeds. There were many other things in my cart that I had to leave behind. :( maybe some day...

When I have to leave stuff behind I remind myself that I wouldn't want to plant ALL the beautiful plants this year because I'm still going to want to plant next year, and the next, and the next...

My yard is filling up with trees.

Is there such a thing as a tree hoarder?

Peachpearapplecherryapricotplumalmondpistachio hoarder.

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

I’m really tired and it’s stormy out and the stoopid puppy keeps peeing inside because she doesn’t want to outside in the rain. And yes, I am whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Neko have a fit if you taught the puppy to pee in the litter box?

Probably, yeah.

Felpful booyah!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

Anyone watch Britannia on Amazon? That is one weird show- every episode, the entire episode.  :huh:

Thank you, I will hold off on that show now.  I just don't need puzzling out weird right now, and they keep popping it up as a suggestion.

• Like 1

I'm awake. Dh had to go to the ER with parents of a kid on his team. So he got home late, ate, and came to bed. He's exhausted, so snoring loudly. And we had a storm, so I had to close the window some (rain). I woke up hungry, so I just had a small snack and have moved to the couch.

The child who went to the ER is fine, thankfully!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  to all involved, and I'm glad the kid is okay!

• Like 1

I've always wondered how people take dogs out daily in the Pacific northwest. I figured everyone just wore rain gear all the time. I keep picturing Juliet getting into her little tweed raincoat and matching booties before going out every few hours.

• Like 7

Yeah, she'd be surrounded by ITT Aunties in TX. There will be at least one person within driving distance no matter where she is...

I concur.  Sam Houston U in Huntsville isn't that far from me.  She can go there!

• Like 3

I didn't get back to sleep.

When my brain is more awake I'll have to go back and see if I can actually afford any of my dreams :tongue_smilie:

I then listened to another half hour of chemistry, all about acids and based and buffers and batteries, but it still didn't put me to sleep.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Thank you, I will hold off on that show now.  I just don't need puzzling out weird right now, and they keep popping it up as a suggestion.

Watched the last episode last night (after I posted) and I think if you aren't in a happy place it could be too much. It went from generally weird to OMGWTF really fast and not in a good way.

Goodnight.

I've always wondered how people take dogs out daily in the Pacific northwest. I figured everyone just wore rain gear all the time. I keep picturing Juliet getting into her little tweed raincoat and matching booties before going out every few hours.

We get wet. We're used to being wet.

• Like 6

Or white board paint on a wall or door?

I like the clear glass whiteboards dh's doctor and therapist both use. They don't look so white board-y.

In addition to my massive whiteboard in the hallway and my easel whiteboard at the homeschool table (AND small whiteboards for the girls to use in their laps when desired) we have been known to use our windows.  Our kitchen door's glass is covered in items to purchase and things to remember.  Our front windows (in the homeschool room) have been covered with stuff at times, though that only works until the day progresses to where the sun shines through the windows.  Then it gets too blinding to read.

Dry erase marker works well on window glass.

DH's Aunt S has a big picture window she lets her grandchildren color all over with dry erase markers.  It's easy to clean up (she makes the kids do it) and doesn't take up much space to store.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

I want a medlar. I already have native persimmons, and I'm used to a fruit that needs to rot a little bit before it gets tasty.

I have never heard of that fruit before!  It looks a little like a persimmon.  Does it look like one inside, or taste like one?

• Like 1

One turtle wants to purchase a few mulberry trees to go in our front yard. He also wants some pampas grass.

I have two mulberry trees.

I love mulberry trees! I don't know why fruiting mulberries are not more popular; they're especially great for kids. One of mine is a weeping mulberry so even the toddlers can reach berries easily.

• Like 4

When I have to leave stuff behind I remind myself that I wouldn't want to plant ALL the beautiful plants this year because I'm still going to want to plant next year, and the next, and the next...

My yard is filling up with trees.

Is there such a thing as a tree hoarder?

Peachpearapplecherryapricotplumalmondpistachio hoarder.

I think DH and his parents might qualify as fellow tree hoarders.   :laugh:

• Like 2

I also want a quince or two. I like the smell of quince and I'd like to cook with them, but we only get them in the stores (rarely) around Christmas.

Sekel pears are also one of my favorites, but we're hot for fire-blight here with all the Bradford Pears dying, and I don't want to get into fighting tree diseases until I have more time in my year to deal with spraying.

• Like 4

Everything hurts and I'm dying. And I have insomnia. Imma read so at least I'll die with unicorns.

Ahem!

I forgot to quote the rule.  No dying!

Thank you.

I already have native persimmons, and I'm used to a fruit that needs to rot a little bit before it gets tasty.

I read too fast and saw "naive persimmons."

#readtoyourtrees

• Like 8