Menu

Ignore this thread!

Consider yourselves all liked.  I'm out again.

Slache - I did not go to Savers.  But for a good reason... It's a bit of a drive and I realized I can drop all the food donations at the CBS church tomorrow, because they have a donation center I always forget about, and then I will be passing Savers on the way home for all the home goods.  Saves me gas and time.  

I did go get coffee though.   :D

• Like 6

Consider yourselves all liked. I'm out again.

Slache - I did not go to Savers. But for a good reason... It's a bit of a drive and I realized I can drop all the food donations at the CBS church tomorrow, because they have a donation center I always forget about, and then I will be passing Savers on the way home for all the home goods. Saves me gas and time.

I did go get coffee though. :D

Report back when it's done.

Actually, I want a cottage. On a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I want the front yard to be full of yarrow and different types of grasses and a picket fence. I want the front room with large windows. Hardwood floors, throw rugs, lots of windows. Back yard with roses and flagstone pathways leading to little comfy places to sit and read or ponder.

And this is a dreaming Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Actually, I want a cottage. On a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I want the front yard to be full of yarrow and different types of grasses and a picket fence. I want the front room with large windows. Hardwood floors, throw rugs, lots of windows. Back yard with roses and flagstone pathways leading to little comfy places to sit and read or ponder.

I want that, too.  Except Atlantic. 

• Like 5

My dream house is efficient with space, has the master away from other bedrooms and living areas, a sunroom for school, a heavily air conditioned gym in the basement, and is about 45 minutes from New Orleans.

I ate all the things. I have no idea what came over me.

It's a thing. It's not your fault.
  • Like 3

I need one of these. Where do I get one?

Amazon.  They sell all of the things.

I have a khombu one and two jackeries.  I like the slimness and lighter weight of the jackery but they both work well.

Ds has an Anker, which is a bit more, but has an ultra high capacity. Ds can charge his iPad twice with his Anker (which draws considerably more power than a phone). 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-20100mAh-Portable-Charger-PowerCore/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519777063&sr=8-4&keywords=external+battery

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Bar-Pocket-sized-Emergency-Flashlight/dp/B00DTXA578/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1519777200&sr=8-46&keywords=external+battery

I keep an external battery in my purse at all times, because sometimes life gets crazy (sudden hospitalizations, stuck in traffic for hours, etc.).

My dream house has a pending offer. It was only on the market 1 day. :glare:

ETA: I thought it was 2 before, but that was like one night and the next day, and Zillow is counting it as 1. Which is neither here nor there. I shall have to keep looking either way.

Looking is kind of fun, though... :D

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

I hate ITTing on my phone!

Also, when the president or vice president visit a city, they should splurge on a helicopter ride to and from the airport so the entire city is not brought to a standstill during rush hour. It to me 30 minutes to drive 3/4ths of a mile from Vanderbilt to Belmont University and the vice president wasn’t anywhere near my area. :glare:

• Like 4

Hi.  We took Juliet to see all the peoples.  She went to the library where the head librarian mused aloud if we should have a "Growing up with Juliet" photo exhibit as she grows up over the years. . .     And then we went to Goodwill where I got rid of a bag full of stuffs but not the puppy.  Then we went to Petco and got her a harness that also doubles as a car restraint and triples as a "easy leader" (ie. you can clip the leash to the front to keep them from pulling).  And she met all the peoples where who fawned over her and told her what a good girl she was.  And everyone kept asking if she is German Shepherd.  I need to take a picture because she has gotten a lot longer and looks a lot more GS to me than Aussie.  Then we went to the grocery store where she was a good girl and waited for us out in the car while we ran in and got supper stuff. 

• Like 7

Amazon.  They sell all of the things.

I have a khombu one and two jackeries.  I like the slimness and lighter weight of the jackery but they both work well.

Ds has an Anker, which is a bit more, but has an ultra high capacity. Ds can charge his iPad twice with his Anker (which draws considerably more power than a phone). 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-20100mAh-Portable-Charger-PowerCore/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519777063&sr=8-4&keywords=external+battery

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Bar-Pocket-sized-Emergency-Flashlight/dp/B00DTXA578/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1519777200&sr=8-46&keywords=external+battery

I keep an external battery in my purse at all times, because sometimes life gets crazy (sudden hospitalizations, stuck in traffic for hours, etc.).

:lol: I was joking. I'm exhausted, you said you had an external battery...

My dresser is cleared off. My bed is cleared off.  My floor is another story.....   :svengo:

Don't look down!

Also, when the president or vice president visit a city, they should splurge on a helicopter ride to and from the airport so the entire city is not brought to a standstill during rush hour. It to me 30 minutes to drive 3/4ths of a mile from Vanderbilt to Belmont University and the vice president wasn’t anywhere near my area. :glare:

I only ITT on my phone. :(
  • Like 2

I do, too. I usually ITT on my iPad.

Because he's a snob.

Interesting point. I need everything done by Monday morning to thrive over the week so that ensures we actually do what I planned on on Sunday. Our old method (similar to flylady zones) was kind of a hot mess.

Would he be responsible for cleaning the extra 4,000 sq. ft.?

• Like 3

Overlooking a valley in the Ozarks.

• Like 3

I'm taking a breather before I set another time of doing stuff.

I am not having an awesome week, health-wise.

Goal for today: clear off the dresser and PUT STUFF AWAY.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Hooray for getting anything done!

Juliet knows her name.  And "no".  And "out".  And "hurry ups" (ie. go potty).  And how to play fetch - if she feels like it.  And how to walk on a leash - again if she feels like it and doesn't feel like wrestling the leash instead.  And how to get treats out of our dog puzzles.  And how to bug the cat.  And the bunnies (though less with them because they don't give as glorious a reaction as the cat does.)  And how to bug Libby but also how to back off if Libby has had enough and tells her off in doggy speak.  Isn't she brilliant?  (I bragged about my human babies too.) 

She has been learning non-stop since you got her!

• Like 1

Well, technically rejection is rejection. The difference is that the first rejections came after just a query letter. That's okay. Maybe the agent just didn't want a book "like that". 

Yesterday was a rejection on a full manuscript. So the agent wanted a book like that, but didn't want my book. It's just a little more painful because the agent liked something at first but ended up not liking it, and no reason was given. So I'm left to wonder what I did wrong, instead of just thinking, "Well, maybe it just wasn't the agent's cup of tea." :glare:  :sad:  :willy_nilly: In that order.

But I'll live to write another day you know. 

Well, clearly your talent is just too intimidating and they are worried about outshining all of their other already contracted authors.

• Like 3

I went out. I bought a pot of lemon grass to plant in the spring and a few packages of seeds including seeds for a giant pumpkin that I've been wanting. One turtle bought a succulent plant, a pot for it and some cactus and succulent plant mix. He's now happily engaged in starting his peppers and tomatoes and cactus seeds.

And I'm feeling a little better.

Critter has been buying pot.  And grass.

:ohmy:

• Like 6

Ugh. I hate that part of unpacking where everything needs to find a home or it needs to go. I am totally paralyzed by a few things that I have no clue where to put them. This house really needs more storage. There is no linen closet and there are some layout issues that annoy me (like bathroom cabinets that are nearly inaccessible because I have to climb into the bathtub, and onto a step stool, to access them).

Just do the thing....must do the thing.

No linen closet, 1/2 normal size closets and the 1/3 of the kitchen cabinets were never installed for esthetics. :blink: We have 3 of these and love them. They're huge and sturdy. https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/70033766/

We installed a cabinet over our master toilet.  Seriously, who designed a master bathroom with no storage near the toilet for TP or girl supplies?

We installed similar cabinets over our laundry machines in our laundry closet (but left the doors off for open shelving).  I really don't understand the trend to minimize utility space to "maximize living space".  It's the utility spaces that allow the living spaces to be livable.  

• Like 3

I have a wall outside my laundry room where I could put an armoire or some sort of storage....hmmm...

Try looking at Ikea Kallax shelves:  

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=kallax&pageNumber=0

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80275887/

The squares are big enough for LP record albums, and you can get all sorts of baskets and bins to fit in them.  Drawers and doors, too.  Highly versatile storage.  DH and I plan to get out to Ikea this next weekend (possibly) to get more of the Kallax stuff for our place.

I have a wall outside my laundry room where I could put an armoire or some sort of storage....hmmm...

If you want to go shallower than Kallax Ikea makes a Billy line of bookcases.  They also have optional doors for many of the Billy bookcases.

I let Baby go to church for the first time in a month and now he has a sniffly, stuffy nose.  :glare:  Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still second guessing myself. Maybe it's just the weather.