Menu

Ignore this thread!

Oh.my.word.  This coffee hangover is worse than a real hangover.  So, dh and I went to a retirement info meeting for him.  Supposed to last from 8:00 to 3:00.  We left at lunch (Praise the Lord) and ate and came home and crawled into bed for naps.  Now I have been forced from my bed to revive and get ready to go to ds's (10) birthday party.  It's at a venue.  (Praise the Lord).  I cannot wait until it is over so I can come home, crawl back in bed and die. 

Did you quit coffee?  I regretted doing that once.  Terrible headaches!

• Like 2

I. am. so. tired. I need a nap.

Which I didn't get. Anyway...

We went to get older dd's evaluation done. This woman's house was very confusing to get to. She had us meet at the mailboxes and drove us up. With that, I decided I had to stay and entertain the little until older was done, because I knew I would not be able to find my way back.

Anyway (this is the second time I'm saying "anyway," isn't it?), We were talking about the chemistry conflict and the issue with French/Italian. The evaluator (around 75 years old) was on our side. She asked whether they were providing the accommodations, etc., and saw no reason for dd not to go forward. Dd thinks the special ed coordinator has a "thing" with serviced students taking advanced courses. So (so I don't say anyway again), the evaluator said she'll do her write up of the eval results and put her opinion in based on that. She seems to have know dd's math teacher (terrible teacher, talks way too fast and gets off track), and just shook her head when we were describing dd's issues.

Anyway (again!), since I thought I'd get lost leaving and going back, I stayed for 2.5 hours with little - both of us hungry because I planned to drop older off and go back home to eat.

Never mind me. I'm just rambling here.

At one point, we sat in the car. I almost fell asleep. She gave us a banana and water when we were sitting on her porch as I had Little watching My Little Pony on Youtube on my phone. Thankfully, the woman had an open network or I would not have had any reception.

I have some books together to give to my friend to ebay them. I can't find my Epsilon dvd. I should probably look harder. I still haven't finished folding all my clothes the Konmari way. And, I haven't Konmari'd litte's clothes either. I'm tired.

I need to get Little her own camera. She uses up the memory on my phone taking asinine pics. Some of them are nice though.

I have a lot of homework to do. Like, a week's worth.

I think I'm done now.

• Like 5

That would be a nightmare! Do you know Norwegian?

That reminded me of the year I taught boy's Bible (jr. high boy's Bible, no less, in a Christian School I used to teach at). Talk about a nightmare. One boy had gas so bad he literally cleared the room. The only ones left were him and me. He was sitting there with a sheepish grin on his face and I was standing in front of the room not exactly knowing what to do.

I used to know it a lot better than I do now. I lived and taught at a sports high school in Norway for 3 years, but that was 20 years ago. It's pretty funny having these dreams where I think I'm speaking in Norwegian, and then I come enough out of the dream to say to myself, "That was never Norwegian! You're completely faking it in this dream."  :lol:

• Like 7

I'm back from the group lesson/dance party. It was torture. Actually, it was fun learning and trying out new steps, but only fun when I got to dance with dh (or the instructors who were there - mostly girls, but they knew how to dance like boys :) and were very nice and patient.)

When I had to dance with the advanced level old guy in the blue shirt or the young guy in the pink shirt or the green shirted New Zealander it was awful. Well, the NZ guy was really quite nice. The blue shirt guy made me want to cry because he kept saying I was trying to turn when he wasn't turning. Give me a break - it was only my second attempt at the fox trot and HE wasn't the one dancing around the floor going backwards.

Now I will have some raspberries.

• Like 2

That is a terrible dance story.  I would have to quit on the spot.  I am also a terrible dancer.*

One of my ds's can clear the room with his gas.  He does not care one bit what we think about it.  This week, he let one sitting on the couch with me and then moved.  When I called him on it, he said, "I moved!"  Ummmm, you moved AFTER you let one.  Not helpful.  You left it behind.

*This sounds like I'm saying that Susan is a terrible dancer, but the also refers to me wanting to quit and also being a terrible dancer.  I see you as an exquisite dancer in my head, Susan.   The best of the best.

• Like 3

I used to know it a lot better than I do now. I lived and taught at a sports high school in Norway for 3 years, but that was 20 years ago. It's pretty funny having these dreams where I think I'm speaking in Norwegian, and then I come enough out of the dream to say to myself, "That was never Norwegian! You're completely faking it in this dream." :lol:

That's hysterical!

We know a girl who had been studying Japanese for quite a while and had a knack for it. She had her wisdom teeth pulled and when she was coming out of it, one of the nurses heard her talking but couldn't understand what she was saying. She told another nurse, who was Japanese, that it sounded like she was speaking Japanese. The Japanese nurse said, "well, that's because she IS speaking Japanese!"

They gave her a pen and piece of paper and she started writing it all down in Kanji. :D

• Like 4

Wow! It's 11:36 PST. I'm never up this late. We just got home from a Triple A baseball game. Totally blew my low-carb plan with pizza and popcorn. They had great fireworks, though. Kinda wish we would have had tickets to last night's game. It was the Taco Truck Throwdown. Twenty-five taco trucks from around the Valley in competition. Yumm!

• Like 5

Good Morning to all the lovely peeps of the ITT.:)

I am taking over for Lynn this morning since I know how tired and overwrought she was yesterday. She is supposed to be sleeping late.

However, I know she is up because she has posted on the real estate thread.:D

Lynn,I hope you rested well.:)

• Like 5

Good Morning ITTers!

Today is our anniversary!  23 years. 

And we just got back from C25K, week 5 day 2.  Wow, that was a bit of a surprise.  I thought the workout stayed the same for the whole week, but today it changed from week 5 day 1.  We had two 8 minute jogs separated by a 5 minute walk.  And day 3 is another step up - a 20 min jog with no walking (other than the warm up and cool down). 

• Like 9

Good Morning to all the lovely peeps of the ITT. :)

I am taking over for Lynn this morning since I know how tired and overwrought she was yesterday. She is supposed to be sleeping late.

However, I know she is up because she has posted on the real estate thread. :D

Lynn,I hope you rested well. :)

You caught me, lol.  :D

Thanks for letting me sleep in.  :001_smile:

• Like 1

Last night, I couldn't stay awake to save my life. Or finish my homework. So, I'm doing it now. I'm going to have to cut this 1-inch pinkie fingernail because it is officially getting hard to type with it. Nah, I can stand a little more.

• Like 1

A corollary to my slogan "Sleep Deprivation:  It makes you dopey".   Fury:  It is energizing.  Got to release that adrenalin!  

You forgot the best way to release adrenalin...by BOOYA!!!! -ing at the top of the page. :001_tt2:

• Like 5

That reminded me of the year I taught boy's Bible (jr. high boy's Bible, no less, in a Christian School I used to teach at). Talk about a nightmare. One boy had gas so bad he literally cleared the room. The only ones left were him and me. He was sitting there with a sheepish grin on his face and I was standing in front of the room not exactly knowing what to do.

best.classroom.teacher.story.ever.

• Like 2

Last night, I couldn't stay awake to save my life. Or finish my homework. So, I'm doing it now. I'm going to have to cut this 1-inch pinkie fingernail because it is officially getting hard to type with it. Nah, I can stand a little more.

You'll probably think I'm nuts.  I just trimmed my nails this morning.  possibly 1-2mm of growth.  But man it feels good to have them trimmed.  I love trimmed nails.  (I took piano for ~13 years.)

• Like 2

You'll probably think I'm nuts.  I just trimmed my nails this morning.  possibly 1-2mm of growth.  But man it feels good to have them trimmed.  I love trimmed nails.  (I took piano for ~13 years.)

I can play my keyboard with this one long nail. Plenty of practice, lol!

• Like 1

Queen Ellie has pointed out my negligence in welcoming the new page.

Boo to the Yah!  (or boo to ya!)

This is the song that never ends. . . .  etc. etc. etc.  (to be said like Yul Brynner in The King and I)

Oh, like this?

• Like 1

I'm going to whine a bit.  (If you want to give me some cheese to go with it, I prefer a nice sharp cheddar or Danish Havarti.)

I am so tired.  I slept until I woke up and couldn't sleep any more but that doesn't mean that I'm not walking around in a haze.  In the meantime, people now want me to do stuff.  And I'm doing it but sort of half-you-know-what-edly because I'm only half awake.  I don't have enough time for a nap right now.  And as dd insists on telling me, there is only 8 more days until camp.   :willy_nilly:

• Like 3

I'm going to whine a bit.  (If you want to give me some cheese to go with it, I prefer a nice sharp cheddar or Danish Havarti.)

I am so tired.  I slept until I woke up and couldn't sleep any more but that doesn't mean that I'm not walking around in a haze.  In the meantime, people now want me to do stuff.  And I'm doing it but sort of half-you-know-what-edly because I'm only half awake.  I don't have enough time for a nap right now.  And as dd insists on telling me, there is only 8 more days until camp.   :willy_nilly:

I'm just getting up from a nap so here:

havarti1.jpg?1268259918

• Like 5

I woke myself up by taking ds out for a driving lesson.   :driving:   Or more accurately letting him take the car out, with me in it of course.  He did very well.  I even had him drive a little ways on a busier road (at a non- busy time) so that he could get the feel for faster driving with no stop signs every few blocks like there is in the residential areas.  

• Like 3

I caught up reading the thread for the few days I've been too tired to do more than drop into bed after a shower. Must go take walk with the dogs in 100F weather to stay awake long enough to go to bed at the right time to get up properly tomorrow.

:mellow:

That sounds ridiculous.

Jean is right about the sleep deprivation thing.

• Like 5