Menu

Ignore this thread!

Because he's a snob.

Wanting something and being able to realistically afford it are two different things.  If it were my husband, I would quietly roll my eyes and ignore it.  But that's because my husband tends to say these grandiose things and if I don't do anything to make it happen, it just doesn't happen.  And I don't get blamed because I was never expected to make it happen anyway. 

• Like 2

Quackers, take your stuff to Savers!

I know I know I know.   It's all shoved into the Van Cargohold of Doom.  

I've just been too busy writing my speech thing.  Because Critter didn't  do it for me.   :crying:

It's officially "done" but I still need to edit out about 2 minutes' worth of it.   Or practice talking real fast.

Maybe I'll take a break and drive over there this afternoon.  And get me a coffee on the way home as a reward.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 2

Wanting something and being able to realistically afford it are two different things.  If it were my husband, I would quietly roll my eyes and ignore it.  But that's because my husband tends to say these grandiose things and if I don't do anything to make it happen, it just doesn't happen.  And I don't get blamed because I was never expected to make it happen anyway.

Yes, that's him. He gets frustrated with life not working out though. Remember his mother has been gifted 3 houses. He grew up with unrealistic expectations for life.

I know I know I know.   It's all shoved into the Van Cargohold of Doom.  

I've just been too busy writing my speech thing.  Because Critter didn't  do it for me.   :crying:

It's officially "done" but I still need to edit out about 2 minutes' worth of it.   Or practice talking real fast.

Maybe I'll take a break and drive over there this afternoon.  And get me a coffee on the way home as a reward.  :coolgleamA:

If you didn't do the thing then do the thing...

Someone post the song. I don't remember it.

• Like 3

Please don’t make me buy that book!! I know I should, but.... I don’t have time to read it. And especially if I go with this charter....

You don’t have to! I took a break from reading educational philosophy for most of last year. Sometimes you just need to take a break to digest and focus on your own, real kids.

That was me last year when SWB posted the thought experiment question.  I could not do "what if" because I was just putting one foot in front of the other.  

I need a new vacuum and the hive makes me feel like a loser if I don't get a miele. But who wants to spend all that money on a vacuum when nobody likes vacuuming?

Never heard of it.  Pretty sure you can go cheaper.

Now we know what the MJ in AMJ stands for: Mary Jane!

:laugh:

I feel horribly depressed this morning. I'm going to have some popcorn, hot tea and ITT and see if that helps.

:grouphug:

• Like 2

It's story time and I'm not ready!

Strawberries and the rest of the garlic cloves were planted this morning. I registered dd15 for next year's tutorial classes and printed out and signed the papers. Performed minor surgery on dd11's violin. Talked with neighbor while bringing her the remaining strawberry roots. Covered up all my potting mix again because the weather service has issued a pre-emptive flood warning for the next two days.

OK. Better get to it.

• Like 4

I'm taking a breather before I set another time of doing stuff.

I am not having an awesome week, health-wise.

Goal for today: clear off the dresser and PUT STUFF AWAY.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  I feel your pain.  (Literally, probably.)

• Like 2

I hope my book gets here today, and the other book I ordered on writing. I'm in need of a pick-me-up after yesterday. Right now I mostly need caffeine and a solid day of writing and just being immersed in it.

I got through the prologue of Eye of the World. There's a few parallels to my story--intriguing because I've never read Robert Jordan. Not huge parallels, but some. I'm not sure I like Rand that much. He seems a little passive. But I'll give him time and see what he does.

What was the difference between the other rejections and the one you got yesterday? If you want to talk about it... I'm just curious.

• Like 5

I dreamed I had this huge house. I didn't relish the idea of taking care of it, but I did like the large garden with greenhouse (and beehives) and the large, beautiful, walnut-paneled library. :001_wub:

I would love a home library that had books lined up on shelves...

Instead of books on shelves, crates stacked as shelves, on top of books that are in shelves, on top of dressers, middle of coffee tables, in a basket under the sewing table, in a stack by the small sofa chair, or in various boxes.

• Like 3

I have dreams of houses like that, but with a gardener to take care of growing things so I can just harvest as I want without worrying about neglecting the poor things.  The library is my sanctuary, my quiet space, with one or more window seats and a fireplace.  It has comfy chairs, but also serves as my office/think space.  There are bookshelves in every room of the house except for the mudroom and laundry room, so others can keep their books elsewhere.  I also have a big kitchen with well laid-out work zones, including a separate scullery area to keep the washing up and food prep sinks and counters separate.  And a pot rack.  I really want a pot rack, so I can have my most-used pots, pans, and utensils right at hand.

The kitchen also has a big bank of north-facing windows with a great view.  North-facing so I never have to worry about having the sun shining directly into my eyes while I work there.

Every part of the house will have well-designed acoustics, too, so desired music and sound (including conversation and rain) is easily heard when desired but intrusive sound is kept to a very bare minimum.

And big covered porches, so I can sit outside when it is raining and enjoy.  Views of both the sunrise and sunset, and the sky so I can watch the weather.  At least one porch screened, so we can sit outside and not be eaten alive by mosquitoes.

And pocket doors, like the pocket doors I saw in grand old houses in Galveston.

I kinda sorta would like for you to design my house.

• Like 2

Juliet knows her name.  And "no".  And "out".  And "hurry ups" (ie. go potty).  And how to play fetch - if she feels like it.  And how to walk on a leash - again if she feels like it and doesn't feel like wrestling the leash instead.  And how to get treats out of our dog puzzles.  And how to bug the cat.  And the bunnies (though less with them because they don't give as glorious a reaction as the cat does.)  And how to bug Libby but also how to back off if Libby has had enough and tells her off in doggy speak.  Isn't she brilliant?  (I bragged about my human babies too.) 

• Like 8

What was the difference between the other rejections and the one you got yesterday? If you want to talk about it... I'm just curious.

Well, technically rejection is rejection. The difference is that the first rejections came after just a query letter. That's okay. Maybe the agent just didn't want a book "like that". 

Yesterday was a rejection on a full manuscript. So the agent wanted a book like that, but didn't want my book. It's just a little more painful because the agent liked something at first but ended up not liking it, and no reason was given. So I'm left to wonder what I did wrong, instead of just thinking, "Well, maybe it just wasn't the agent's cup of tea." :glare:  :sad:  :willy_nilly: In that order.

But I'll live to write another day you know. 

• Like 9

Instead of books on shelves, crates stacked as shelves, on top of books that are in shelves, on top of dressers, middle of coffee tables, in a basket under the sewing table, in a stack by the small sofa chair, or in various boxes.

Me too.

• Like 2

I went out. I bought a pot of lemon grass to plant in the spring and a few packages of seeds including seeds for a giant pumpkin that I've been wanting. One turtle bought a succulent plant, a pot for it and some cactus and succulent plant mix. He's now happily engaged in starting his peppers and tomatoes and cactus seeds.

And I'm feeling a little better.

• Like 5

Ugh. I hate that part of unpacking where everything needs to find a home or it needs to go. I am totally paralyzed by a few things that I have no clue where to put them. This house really needs more storage. There is no linen closet and there are some layout issues that annoy me (like bathroom cabinets that are nearly inaccessible because I have to climb into the bathtub, and onto a step stool, to access them).

Just do the thing....must do the thing.

• Like 5

Ugh. I hate that part of unpacking where everything needs to find a home or it needs to go. I am totally paralyzed by a few things that I have no clue where to put them. This house really needs more storage. There is no linen closet and there are some layout issues that annoy me (like bathroom cabinets that are nearly inaccessible because I have to climb into the bathtub, and onto a step stool, to access them).

Just do the thing....must do the thing.

No linen closet, 1/2 normal size closets and the 1/3 of the kitchen cabinets were never installed for esthetics. :blink: We have 3 of these and love them. They're huge and sturdy. https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/70033766/

• Like 1

No seep. :(

Are they stackable?

Mine are stacked. No idea if they're supposed to be.

I have a wall outside my laundry room where I could put an armoire or some sort of storage....hmmm...

I really do love mine.

I walked because Slache said so.

Now I hydrate!  At the ITT watering hole.

#bossyboots

Well, that was a mistake! 

Good job, Lynn!

:glare:
  • Like 2

Lynn--how is DO's pre-calculus class? I'm hearing mixed reviews on pre-calc and calc at the local community college so I am re-evaluating options.

Well as far as I know it's going okay; he has an A average.  But.  This is his second year using DO and I think he's just tired of self-paced, kwim?  I think he needs a real, live (not online) classroom to pep him up a bit.  He has been a very self-disciplined student overall, but seems just a little burnt out and tired of doing things just because it's the right thing to do when he's otherwise not terribly interested.  So, I'm not really sure what we'll do for Calculus.  Our local UMS doesn't go as high as calculus, and I'm not crazy about DE and doing it in one semester.  We may try to find a way to have a tutor.    

• Like 1

Yes, with a ladder, because the shelves are very high. The ladder has to be on wheels. And a fireplace. A large one. With a couple of comfy chairs in front with ottomans and soft blankets.
  • Like 2