Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I am a hummingbird mother. There was a hummingbird nest outside our apartment one year in California and that mom worked like crazy to take care of the three babies that were too big for their tiny nest. The best part was how she would fly around scolding the squirrel that sometimes got into the tree until she chased him away.

Hummingbirds are pretty scoldy. Ours chews me out every time I forget to fill the feeder.
  • Like 1

I have to say I am really enjoying the ITT gang. Thanks for letting me crash your party :)

Oh, you aren’t crashing the party. It’s more like... “consider yourself.... one of us!! Consider yourself.... part of the family!â€

Booya/h too ya/h from a too early spring in California where we desperately need rain!!😩😩😩😩

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

One read-aloud torture session done. :D  I maintain it is good for the boy, but he gives me the stink eye every time. One boy has crept into the lead on the trash-game tote board, and his brother has cried foul. I told him to pay closer attention to the state of the trashcans to seize the next garbage opportunity.

• Like 3

The good news is that this means I should be able to get the kids to music lessons on time, as opposed to running out with them, realizing there's more snow than I thought, spending too much time trying to get the snow off the car, and arriving a couple of min late. 

• Like 4

Alex is being butt!

I have never wet the bed. I attribute that fact to my large, pregnancy accommodating frame and the fact that I've never given birth.

Um, this happened to me long before I got pregnant. Even after the first birth, because she was a section. Methinks pregnancy nor birth has anything to do with it.

Oh, you aren’t crashing the party. It’s more like... “consider yourself.... one of us!! Consider yourself.... part of the family!â€

Booya/h too ya/h from a too early spring in California where we desperately need rain!!😩😩😩😩

It's clear

We're

Going to get along!

• Like 2

One read-aloud torture session done. :D  I maintain it is good for the boy, but he gives me the stink eye every time. One boy has crept into the lead on the trash-game tote board, and his brother has cried foul. I told him to pay closer attention to the state of the trashcans to seize the next garbage opportunity.

He can come to my house.  We have several trash cans that need to be emptied!

• Like 2

You still did the pregnancy part :)

But yeah, birth can be traumatic for sure.

My smaller babies slipped out pretty easily. The big ones though...I felt like my bones were being torn apart.

My first was small and was a section. The second was 2 pounds bigger and a vbac. Go figure. A warm up with a smaller baby would have been nice...

• Like 1

Ds17 found a coin on the sidewalk when he left work today.  He grinned, did a quick mental calculation and told me that he had just picked up 1/ 100,000 of his first year's college education.

:D

ETA:  It was a dime.  He needs to save about $10,000.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

Two of dd19's roommates have strep. :ack2: We have made sure she knows where to go the minute she feels sick - campus clinic or nearby Kroger clinic. If she doesn't get it by this weekend she should be in the clear. Also, she hasn't fainted in A&P class again. We have thoroughly badgered her about eating and drinking before class and bringing some hot tea and a small snack along. :D

• Like 5

We can send 3 pieces of paper and 3 envelopes, but no stamps. I don't know why stamps are contraband. You also can't send anything written with crayons, markers, or painted.   I can't imagine what's dangerous about a kid's picture with crayons. Seems mean for the parents.  :confused1:

That just goes to show that you are a normal human being. I know why and I can imagine. Mostly because I worked in the business for so long. (In the county where I worked, we had multiple state prisons and a unit in the office dedicated to prosecuting "prison crimes," i.e., crimes committed by inmates in the prison.) My assignment to the unit was an eye-opening experience.

• Like 1

If I were in absolute perfect shape I would wear a size 12. I think the physical demands of pregnancy were easier on me than someone with a smaller frame.

Quite probably.  I have a short torso, so not a lot of room for internal organs once the baby put on some size.  I slept in a recliner for many weeks because if I laid down flat I couldn't breathe at all.

Betcha I'd win the "traumatic childbirth" contest. :glare:

Trigger warning:

That would be Quill. She had a stillbirth. She said she was dressing this perfect little baby that just wouldn't wake up. I will never forget that. I just cried and cried.

Eta: I don't handle dead babies well because of a past experience. Not my baby.

Edited by Slache

I truly love this development.  Imagine, kids fighting over the CHANCE TO take out the trash!

• Like 3

He can come to my house.  We have several trash cans that need to be emptied!

After this afternoon's visit now my Dad does, too.  He had just one small one in the living room (though I thought I had taken over at least 2).  Now he has a mid-sized one under the kitchen sink, and two larger-than-little ones, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom.  The original small one is now in the living room.  Bases covered!  I even found him some 8-gallon trash bags to line them all.

• Like 1

Betcha I'd win the "traumatic childbirth" contest. :glare:

I had 10 days of on-again-off-again labor followed by an emergency c-section in which the pain meds wore off much sooner than the staff thought they would.  I'm not doubting you, but I am curious: what have you got?

Trigger warning:

That would be Q

Omigosh!  How awful!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  to them all.

Until just now I forgot my cousin also had a stillborn years ago.  So terribly sad.

Edited by AMJ

I had 10 days of on-again-off-again labor followed by an emergency c-section in which the pain meds wore off much sooner than the staff thought they would. I'm not doubting you, but I am curious: what have you got?

She was in a coma afterwards if I remember correctly.

I threw up for the last 14 hours of my 73 hour labor but JJM’s experience was much worse than mine.

• Like 2

I finished my book. I was hoping to take s much needed nap but I guess resting in my armchair has some benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a different kind of nap, when the book is good.

• Like 1

She was in a coma afterwards if I remember correctly.

I threw up for the last 14 hours of my 73 hour labor but JJM’s experience was much worse than mine.

Yup, a coma certainly trumps anything I have been through!  By a very long shot!

I'm so glad she came out of it.

I had 10 days of on-again-off-again labor followed by an emergency c-section in which the pain meds wore off much sooner than the staff thought they would.  I'm not doubting you, but I am curious: what have you got?

If you 1) aren't dead or 2) suffering from life-altering brain damage, then it's probably not as bad. And I was only referring to physically-challenging-to-the-mom situations. Trauma/death to the baby is whole different level of horror. I have thanked God most profusely for my healthy baby. I would much rather that is was I who suffered. Not that we have any choice in the matter.

Not that it's a competition, in any event. It was an off-the-cuff remark.

• Like 4

If you 1) aren't dead or 2) suffering from life-altering brain damage, then it's probably not as bad. And I was only referring to physically-challenging-to-the-mom situations. Trauma/death to the baby is whole different level of horror. I have thanked God most profusely for my healthy baby. I would much rather that is was I who suffered. Not that we have any choice in the matter.

Not that it's a competition, in any event. It was an off-the-cuff remark.

Weren't you napping though? Not too traumatic. ;)

• Like 1

I am caught up again and I brought home more of Dad's laundry to do, so I guess I had better go run some. 

The dude tried to tell me how to treat blood stains on his sheets (from a cut on his hand).  Once I was big enough I ran the laundry for the entire family when I was growing up.  Dad hired the job out to others when he no longer had someone at home to do it for him.  I worked in a laundromat during college.  Dad hired out his laundry.  I have dealt with diapers and puke and the aftermath of accidents on the farm and around here, including some in which Dad was the injured party.  Dad always left the job to others.

And he continues to think he knows more than me on this task....

A laundry booyah?  Really?

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 8