Menu

Ignore this thread!

I was very pleased last night that he was working hard on the floors so I could focus on cooking dinner. The Pakistani Kima was tasty!

I am still working out the kinks. I would have preferred to get a Neato d80 botvac, but they are so expensive. The Neato actually scans a room and "remembers" a logical pattern of vacuuming the rooms. The Dibea works like most of them in that they go kinda random all over the place and hopefully hit all the places before they run out of battery.

So far, if we let Wally go for his whole battery life (over 2 hours), he does indeed seem to hit pretty much everywhere he's allowed - living room, dining room, kitchen. Might be about 600 square feet. He goes from hardwood to area rugs/door mats and over the bump into the kitchen without any trouble.

He WILL get stuck on the foot of a Manhassett music stand, and sometimes he seems to obsess over one area because he runs into something and ends up right back where he has already been over 3 times. So I pick him up and put him in another place. I think the main solution to that is to change where his charging station is so he doesn't start and continually get stuck under the kitchen table. Once he got a small pencil stuck in the brush and he turned himself off.

When the battery gets low or we hit the "home" button on the remote, he turns off the brushes and finds his way back to the charging station. He is surprisingly quiet. He has a hepa filter and is super easy to empty of dust. I think I like him well enough that I will eventually get the mopping accessory that is available. Not that our floors are getting so clean, I can see that we really need more mopping. :D

We had a Neato for a bit.  While there were certain features that were nice for the most part it was far noisier than our current Roomba, and our Neato had a few glitches (bought refurbished).

Robot vacs are nice, when they aren't underfoot.  They do have a tendency to chew on rug tassles, though, so get rid of those first.  And everyone has to put their shoes away instead of leaving them lying about on their sides.  Robot vacs tend to like shoelaces.

Good idea.  Didn't wor . 

Bummer!

I lost 140 pounds some time today. Not sure what I did.

:hurray:   All that fasting worked!   :laugh:

Power out in half the house again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no!  

What is a good (non salad) veggie to go with steak and fries.

Broccoli?  Asparagus?  

• Like 2

:lol:

On the hike today, dh passed the arrow sign that said "trailhead" and said, w"hat does that make the other side?" Dd15 said "the trailbutt!" And of course in the middle you have to travel the winding entrails. :ack2:

:lol:  :lol:

I am almost desperate enough for good cornbread to buy a package of not-certified GF cornmeal. :glare: I made up cornbread with a GF mix, grumbling the whole way, and I can tell by the way it feels on the toothpick that it's going to be dry, crumbly and not good cornbread at all. I want good cornbread, durn it! :mad:

Why nobody in this town has a single package of GF cornmeal, I don't know.

Which cornmeal do you usually use?

It's 30mg/day, 25mg/day, 20mg/day, 15mg/day, 10mg/day, 5mg/day, done, iirc. (when the doc actually prescribed it to me... this stuff is from like, Vanuatu)

I don't remember what percentage of a person that makes me, according to the ITT. Maybe AMJ can find it for me. 

3/4, 5/8, 2/4, 3/8, 1/4, 1/8, and gone!

• Like 2

Just to let you-all know:  I am 37 pages behind.

And now I'm caught up to yesterday.  I have been productive on ITT today.   :laugh:

Woohooyah!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Okay, so the turtle, being a turtle, went down to the creek, found a dead prickly pear cactus and came back hollering that he got spines in his hand from touching it. Trouble is, no thorns can be seen. This was a dead cactus, so the spines were brittle and all but gone. He wants to know when they will come out on their own, because he can't find any of them, even with good light and very fine tweezers.

Sigh.

We just read a letter by Narcissa Whitman https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissa_Whitman where she mentioned she did the same thing. Spooky!!
  • Like 1

Matt has proven that the person previously mentioned who is being scammed is being scammed without a doubt. He is handing the information to MIL who will handle the situation privately and in person as he's been in an online relationship with this person for 4 years and will be heartbroken.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Fewer surfaces = more stuff on the floor

Dad's (now former) place:  fewer surfaces = more folding tables set up for surfaces = more piles, too too many piles for his injured brain to handle over the years = piles on the floor, and the couch, and everywhere else = avalanches.

The clean-out crew I hired had quite a time with all of the books they pulled out of there.  They did take the time to donate the usable furniture, books, and clothes, thankfully.

• Like 2

Lost sleep. (Why is it that when I need healing sleep, I have a hard time sleeping?)

Lost my cool. I’m being pulled every which way and it isn’t pretty.

Lost my voice. All that comes out is a croak.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Nephew's childhood friend made it through his surgery, but recovery has been tough so far.  They are religious so I am sure additional prayers would be welcomed on their end.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Ah, I understand now what you were getting at. 

I disagree that broth never has bones, though. 

Some broths might have a few bones in the pot when they are cooking, but they don't cook long enough to extract the collagen to an appreciable degree.  Stocks/bone broths are cooked a loooooong time, to extract as much of the collagen as possible.

• Like 1

End of May.

I've given up on this. Working on the licks to the center of a tootsie pop thing now.

No, they're in their cages. My first thought was battery but I got the same thing twice so I'm afraid the scale is just broken.

It didn't switch to kg or something?

Mine likes to switch to the stone setting. I like that since I don't remember how much a stone is but I don't weigh very many of them.

When my sister was pregnant in Scotland the midwives always recorded her weight in stones.

Edited by maize
  • Like 3

I found a group for selling girl/girl twin clothes and feel like the new girl on a dating site. Instead of wondering if I should shave my legs, I’m wondering if I should iron for them! 😠All I did was ask about rules and 30 moms are messaging me with what sizes they need. Slow down, ladies! I’m not even done unpacking.

This reminds me that I still need to iron Dad's shirts and trousers I washed for him yesterday and today.  I also need to label his towels.

At least the salmon is ready for DH to grill once the grill is hot enough, and the green beans won't take long to cook.

• Like 2

Hi all - 
Haven't read all the days I've missed, but I hope everyone is well. 

Just popping in to give an update. We just got back from Colorado and kiddo DOES have Auditory Processing Disorder. 
Poor babySo,  is correctly hearing MAYBE 50% of what we say. It's no wonder everything has been such a struggle. 

The audiologist said that after she gets the ear filter, we should see progress. "Of course she can't remember the sounds or names. Up until now, she's probably only heard the correct sound or name every 3rd or 4th time. That makes it hard." 

Anyway, this clinic has a filter that they produce themselves. It looks likes a musicians ear piece, but has a small white piece in it that is the actual filter. 
(description stolen from someone else)
1. It filters out high-frequency tones from the one ear that it is in. This helps with background noise.

2. But the big magic is that it slows down the input into one ear, balancing the input signal in time between both ears. One of the major causes for CAPD can be that one ear is hearing before the other, so by the time the signal from both ears meets in the brain, they are off in time by a microsecond. (Actually what's really going on is that there is more brain circuitry connected to one ear than the other) The ear filter corrects for this.

So, Riv was a candidate for the filter and we should receive it in 3 weeks. 

I tell ya...this mama cried when all my gut feelings were validated. I mean, I knew I was right, but getting other people to listen? It's hard. I'm so happy to have an answer! 

• Like 12

End of May.

I've given up on this. Working on the licks to the center of a tootsie pop thing now.

No, they're in their cages. My first thought was battery but I got the same thing twice so I'm afraid the scale is just broken.

3.  3 licks.

Hi all - 

Just popping in to give an update. We just got back from Colorado and kiddo DOES have Auditory Processing Disorder. 

Poor babySo,  is correctly hearing MAYBE 50% of what we say. It's no wonder everything has been such a struggle. 

The audiologist said that after she gets the ear filter, we should see progress. "Of course she can't remember the sounds or names. Up until now, she's probably only heard the correct sound or name every 3rd or 4th time. That makes it hard." 

Anyway, this clinic has a filter that they produce themselves. It looks likes a musicians ear piece, but has a small white piece in it that is the actual filter. 

1. It filters out high-frequency tones from the one ear that it is in. This helps with background noise.

2. But the big magic is that it slows down the input into one ear, balancing the input signal in time between both ears. One of the major causes for CAPD can be that one ear is hearing before the other, so by the time the signal from both ears meets in the brain, they are off in time by a microsecond. (Actually what's really going on is that there is more brain circuitry connected to one ear than the other) The ear filter corrects for this.

I tell ya...this mama cried when all my gut feelings were validated. I mean, I knew I was right, but getting other people to listen? It's hard. I'm so happy to have an answer! 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I'm crying here with you.  :)

• Like 1

Broiled tomatoes with cheese?

Broccoli?

If you can ever lay your hands on some smoked fontina cheese over really ripe beefy tomatoes (like heirlooms), broiled or toasted just until the cheese browns a little, is a heavenly treat in the summer.

• Like 3

Hi all - 

Oh, Mary, I am so relieved!  Hooray for help and confirmation!

• Like 1

Me: Okay, are you ready to do school?

Weapon X: Are we doing school today?

Me: Yes, we're doing school today. Why wouldn't we be doing school today?

Weapon X: I think you're still sick. You should lay down and rest.

I'm sure he's only worried about my health and well-being. 😒

Sounds like Gymnast this morning. I was working on rearranging her morning schedule. I had to move the reading/writing portion, so our conversation went like this:

Gymnast: "yeah, move this!"

Me: "when should you do it?"

Gymnast: "after I die."

• Like 6

It didn't switch to kg or something?

Mine likes to switch to the stone setting. I like that since I don't remember how much a stone is but I don't weigh very many of them.

When my sister was pregnant in Scotland the midwives always recorded her weight in stones.

Nope.

Hi all - 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :grouphug:

Um, yay?

Matt and I have come to the conclusion that I did not, in fact, lose 140 pounds. :(

• Like 3