• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

I'm awake.

I'm HUNGRY!!!

This is how I always wake up when I have a nursling. Or two. Dd2 turns 3 this week though and my plan is to wean her, which will leave me with just baby Kernel nursing.

Happy belated birthday, Kernelette!

• Like 1

I often feel that I should have stuck with piano lessons and kept at it. I love to play, and I used to just compose stuff for fun and play it, but I don't have the skill to do anything with it. Probably too late now.

It's never too late until you are dead.  Too busy, perhaps, but not too late.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Sleepy!

Coffee!!

Work!

I need to go by Planet Fitness and ask if dc can go with me if I join. It's right by new job and I have an hour for lunch.

I'm looking into my kitchen without my glasses. I think I need to declutter the side of the refrigerator. The front is empty since it's stainless steel. And why does the island get cluttered so fast?

I was also thinking about Planet Fitness for when the kids are at swim.  But I know my track record for things like that.... Still, it's cheap....  

Good morning!

Lynn says it's Tuesday but I feel quite strongly that it should be Saturday. :glare:

I really need to get the 4 Youngers to the eye doctor for a check-up.

Coffee!

For a minute I thought I had the day wrong.   :lol:   

Btw, youngest moved up to a full size violin yesterday.   :hurray:

• Like 6

:lol:

I remember a couple of years ago being super discouraged about not getting anything done, and finally tracking minute by minute what I actually did all day. 

I guess maybe that was an audit?  Though I didn't call it that... I called it Here-DH-You-Tell-ME-How-I'm-Supposed-To-Have-Dinner-On-The-Table-And-Bills-Paid-And-Files-Sorted-And-House-Cleaned!!!!   Not that dh is really all that demanding (He's awesome, actually) but it was one of those bad months where I felt like a failure and he couldn't comprehend the challenges.  

Anyway, my audit revealed interruptions averaging every 3.5 minutes.  

It is why I am home today instead of at church.... my neural synapses NEED this silence.  

I so get this.  And I fail miserably at trying to track my time to the detail that might be helpful to me -- I find the act of writing the stuff down frequently to be additional interruption and distraction.  I think what I would like is something else tracking my time, noting down the interruptions and changes of direction.

I need silence frequently, too.  Maybe that's one reason why I like reading instead of listening to audiobooks -- it can be relatively silent, and I only hear the voices and sounds of the story that my own brain comes up with.  I also need to find some time to sit in the yard in the early morning, before our area wakes up and gets noisier.

• Like 3

My Christmas Break To Do Siggy is dwindling!  Might finish it before February.   :laugh:

This morning:

-Music.  Celtic guitar playlist, I think.

-Mop.  (This is a favor to myself because I love freshly mopped floors. I'm starting with my bedroom.)

-Coffee.  (Um... also a favor to myself, because it's cup #2 for the day.)

-School record-book.  

-Clean up girls' room because I discovered scratches on the new floor due to all the stuff they've shoved under the dresser.  :-(

This is a good way for me, too, to view mopping.  Reminder to self:  When you catch up to this post go mop the floor!

• Like 2

Good morning!

Sleepy!

Coffee!!

Work!

I need to go by Planet Fitness and ask if dc can go with me if I join. It's right by new job and I have an hour for lunch.

I'm looking into my kitchen without my glasses. I think I need to declutter the side of the refrigerator. The front is empty since it's stainless steel. And why does the island get cluttered so fast?

Less surfaces = less clutter.  

I have a recipe.

Prove it.

I was also thinking about Planet Fitness for when the kids are at swim. But I know my track record for things like that.... Still, it's cheap....

For a minute I thought I had the day wrong. :lol:

Btw, youngest moved up to a full size violin yesterday. :hurray:

Yay! Dd11's teacher said yesterday that it's time for dd to get a full size. These kids keep growing! Renai's kids are growing too - it's like an epidemic!

• Like 3

Okay. Good morning. Coffee.

My Fitbit says I got 6 hours of sleep last night. That's less than ideal, but I'm determined to make today productive. I've let the cruddy sickness keep me lazy the past couple of days, and it's time to get my butt in gear.

So today I will:

-start laundry

-math

-phonics

-switch laundry

-read aloud

-history

-pick up the house

-fold laundry

-run to the little store

-dishes

• Like 4

How were they?

Not my favorite genres. Two were western and the one was action/adventure and a little slipstream fantasy if I had to peg it. They were...I think they could have used more work. But then I'm in editorial mode most days, and it's possible that I'm being over critical. I found the first two improving as they went along, but they needed more proofreading and I found the protagonists a little one-dimensional. Both books had an episodic flavor instead of an overreaching plot--that might be a genre difference that I'm not used to. 

The second was just so gory, violent and political that I couldn't really get into it that well. Plus it had three protagonists and somewhere in the range of what felt like fifty POV characters. I couldn't decide who to like, and ended up liking nobody. The premise was interesting, and I so badly wanted the murder of the first POV character put to rest, and justice for her, but by the end of the novel the book wasn't really about that anymore but about the different arms and legs and body parts of the conspiracy. The writing was good, and the copy was well-proofed. I just didn't really care enough about the characters to get into it. That is probably again a personal preference for plot that is highly derived from character and doesn't depend on some big-bad providing all the conflict. Typically adventure is not plot-evolved-from-character.

• Like 4

Why do my children wish to speak to me in the morning? Isn't being awake good enough? I only want to talk to Baby before 9 and would prefer that even he would be asleep.

It is 57 degrees on our main level and colder in the basement. DS still won't wear socks or more than a t-shirt! 

My bedroom is actually a little too warm because the upstairs furnace is trying so hard and we are keeping the bedroom doors shut to hold in heat. 

• Like 6

Time for caffeine. Then I'm going to splash paint on the apples I worked on last night, scrub out an overflow area, make my goal list for today, and probably proof two query letters that will go out on Thursday if I get some rejections in this week. It's been dead quiet on that front since Friday.

• Like 2

Why do my children wish to speak to me in the morning? Isn't being awake good enough? I only want to talk to Baby before 9 and would prefer that even he would be asleep.

It is 57 degrees on our main level and colder in the basement. DS still won't wear socks or more than a t-shirt! 

My bedroom is actually a little too warm because the upstairs furnace is trying so hard and we are keeping the bedroom doors shut to hold in heat. 

My boys used to be very cold resilient, and it's still rare that they will wear long-sleeves outside or inside the house, regardless of the temperature. For a long time, one of them would wear shorts well into winter. At least they put on jackets to go out.

ETA: It'a an all-weather-look Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

is trying so hard and we are keeping the bedroom doors shut to hold in heat. 

I like the good old days when my oldest and I would wake up and turn on instrumentals. Now, as soon as dh wakes up, he turns on the tv. That is too much talking so early in the morning (especially since I'm already talking for my job). Now, youngest is used to the tv on first thing and most of the day (from when I worked and he was home last year). I've cut it out considerably, but can't turn off the tv until dh leaves for work, which makes it an hour or more tv is on! And it's usually the stupid PBS shows. They make me groan. Pseudo-educational stuff.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Study hall lady for the homeschool kids at women’s Bible Study!!!

Critter, my boys dress for summer all year round, too!!

I need to join the gym. I think regular exercise would help boost my immune system. (And this is where you all say in choro, “ya think??â€)

((Jeannie))

• Like 4

I like the good old days when my oldest and I would wake up and turn on instrumentals. Now, as soon as dh wakes up, he turns on the tv. That is too much talking so early in the morning (especially since I'm already talking for my job). Now, youngest is used to the tv on first thing and most of the day (from when I worked and he was home last year). I've cut it out considerably, but can't turn off the tv until dh leaves for work, which makes it an hour or more tv is on! And it's usually the stupid PBS shows. They make me groan. Pseudo-educational stuff.

I've gotten to where I can't even take music first thing in the morning. Thankfully, my boys are ultra-quiet in the mornings, and prefer it that way. Basically from the time chores are done until school, the only sound is the scritch-scratch of pencils, the clicking of the keyboard, and possibly some minor humming from the one boy who likes a light sound-track for his writing or reading.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Study hall lady for the homeschool kids at women’s Bible Study!!!

Critter, my boys dress for summer all year round, too!!

I need to join the gym. I think regular exercise would help boost my immune system. (And this is where you all say in choro, “ya think??â€)

((Jeannie))

Unless everyone who comes to the gym is incubating a bug of some kind, and not washing hands between the wiping of face and the handling of the equipment.

• Like 2

Unless everyone who comes to the gym is incubating a bug of some kind, and not washing hands between the wiping of face and the handling of the equipment.

I want to join the classes they offer - like tai chi. I don’t think they use equipment there. Maybe mats??
  • Like 2

I forgot to bring my coffee.

No!!!!!   :crying:

:svengo:  :w00t:  :ohmy:  :willy_nilly:  :glare:   This must be stopped immediately!   :grouphug:

Lost sleep. (Why is it that when I need healing sleep, I have a hard time sleeping?)

Lost my cool. I’m being pulled every which way and it isn’t pretty.

Lost my voice. All that comes out is a croak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Lost sleep. (Why is it that when I need healing sleep, I have a hard time sleeping?)

:grouphug: Everything bothers me about ten times as much when I'm sick. 

• Like 1

Sympathy like.

• Like 1

:grouphug:

• Like 1

So, vision therapy.  Humph.  I called and rescheduled, and they were fine with it.  But  DH just said to me last week when I almost left for work instead of therapy, that I need to not forget my appointments.  I was like, why would I do that?  I never do that.

Then my kid woke up and ratted me out to DH, who texted me at work, "DS wants to know why you didn't take him to eye therapy this morning."  He has been complaining about having to go, says it is worthless, and he can't keep his mouth shut?  He's a poophead.  :lol:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

The bad thing about having children who are very quiet in the mornings? They are very loud during school.

Morning transcript:

T1> "Mom, what does a lemon tree look like?

Me> "Kind of trying to do my French here." Points to ear plugs.

T2> "When did we learn the imperfect passive? I don't remember that."

Me> "Last week. Doing French here." Points to ear plugs again.

T1> "I need to redraw my map for my story world. That thing is two years old. Maybe I should make a copy."

Me> "French."

T2> "Would you shut up? I'm trying to do my Latin!"

Everybody just be quiet already! :laugh:

• Like 10

:grouphug:  Bookie and Maize and Jean

Kitty hissed at DS again this morning, but it didn't freak him out this time. He got too close when they both wanted to be by the same heat vent.

Significant medical appointment for DS next week and I haven't told him.

This post is brought to you by generic, slightly expired Excedrin. Because no dying of death.

• Like 6