Menu

Ignore this thread!

Actually, it looks like we won't have to... that said, getting IHIPs approved with a completely unbalanced schedule might be an uphill battle:

(iv) For grades nine through twelve: English (four units); social studies (four units) which includes one unit of American history, one-half unit in participation in government, and one-half unit economics; mathematics (two units); science (two units); art and/or music (one unit); health education (one-half unit); physical education (two units); and three units of electives. The units required herein are cumulative requirements for grades nine through twelve.

• Like 1

Also, certain possible ways to get through required high school subjects might lead to less-than-desirable results... e.g., it looks like NYS would allow me to completely ignore math from 9th-11th grade, and just let me teach 2 units in 12th grade (maybe both in spring semester even) and call it good, but that might hurt the kids' PSAT and SAT scores... plus, like I said, I bet a lot of colleges would frown on a transcript like that (even if I were to cram the recommended 4 units of math into senior year it'd look bad, I'd think).

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

The stuff I remember (and found again) from Texas (though just from websites, not the actual legal code):

There are only three requirements to homeschool in Texas:

• The instruction must be bona fide (i.e., not a sham).
  • The curriculum must be in visual form (e.g., books, workbooks, video monitor).
  • The curriculum must include the five basic subjects of reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and good citizenship.

I'm not sure if you have to do all those subjects every year though. You probably should find the actual laws for that, but, given no further info, I would assume yes, every year. 

• Like 1

I got through my writing quota, and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Dinner helped. Now I'm relaxing by sketching a pair of apples to paint tomorrow. I've got to approximate a color that I don't have, but the green I'm supposed to be using is about the color of a Granny Smith apple. I think I can do that with what I have.

Red/purple onions are not allowed in the house. I think someone might be allergic to them. Or maybe dh hates them. I can't remember any more.

I saw some daffodil shoots coming up a couple blocks from here - finally! Usually there are a few overachievers blooming by now, but it has been so cold!

There are about 30 little lemon blossom buds on my lemon tree. I wish it would get warmer so I can put it outside in the sun.

We went to the book discussion. There was a good turnout. Dd15 enjoyed it a lot. Dd9 forgot the colored pencils so she and dd11 were pretty bored.

I'm tired. Time for bed.

• Like 4

That's how I feel about eggless cornbread.  I gave up.  I'd rather just have my memories.

I've made eggless cornbread and it came out just fine. But it wasn't gf. Wait, that's Critter that needs gf...

booya1.jpg

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

It's 30mg/day, 25mg/day, 20mg/day, 15mg/day, 10mg/day, 5mg/day, done, iirc. (when the doc actually prescribed it to me... this stuff is from like, Vanuatu)

I don't remember what percentage of a person that makes me, according to the ITT. Maybe AMJ can find it for me. 

Well, you started out less of a regular person (40mg), and became less and less of a person until you completely disappeared. Or, became normal. Take your pick.

• Like 2

Matt has proven that the person previously mentioned who is being scammed is being scammed without a doubt. He is handing the information to MIL who will handle the situation privately and in person as he's been in an online relationship with this person for 4 years and will be heartbroken.

• Like 1

Matt has proven that the person previously mentioned who is being scammed is being scammed without a doubt. He is handing the information to MIL who will handle the situation privately and in person as he's been in an online relationship with this person for 4 years and will be heartbroken.

:(

• Like 1

How deep in millimeters your gum recession is.when my hygienist does mine she calls out the numbers to the assistant who puts them on the chart.

I've never had that. 

That's tragic. I hope your MIL or someone can let him down gently.  :crying:

• Like 1

Odds are someone else will get it though. 

That happens to me all the time. I post pad and post pad and then someone (usually Slashie) slides in and grabs the Booya/h.  And having had an hour playing "Hallelujah" I'm now singing, "Halle-booya/h" and I think maybe I should just go to bed.

• Like 6

:crying:  That's too bad!

I'm awake.

I'm HUNGRY!!!

This is how I always wake up when I have a nursling. Or two. Dd2 turns 3 this week though and my plan is to wean her, which will leave me with just baby Kernel nursing.

Happy belated birthday, Kernelette!

• Like 1

I often feel that I should have stuck with piano lessons and kept at it. I love to play, and I used to just compose stuff for fun and play it, but I don't have the skill to do anything with it. Probably too late now.

It's never too late until you are dead.  Too busy, perhaps, but not too late.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Sleepy!

Coffee!!

Work!

I need to go by Planet Fitness and ask if dc can go with me if I join. It's right by new job and I have an hour for lunch.

I'm looking into my kitchen without my glasses. I think I need to declutter the side of the refrigerator. The front is empty since it's stainless steel. And why does the island get cluttered so fast?

I was also thinking about Planet Fitness for when the kids are at swim.  But I know my track record for things like that.... Still, it's cheap....  

Good morning!

Lynn says it's Tuesday but I feel quite strongly that it should be Saturday. :glare:

I really need to get the 4 Youngers to the eye doctor for a check-up.

Coffee!

For a minute I thought I had the day wrong.   :lol:   

Btw, youngest moved up to a full size violin yesterday.   :hurray:

• Like 6