Menu

Ignore this thread!

Me to DH: Are you waiting up for midnight?

DH: Heck no, I have to work in the morning. Are you?

Me: Staying up late all by myself...That doesn't sound like much fun. I'd rather be sleeping.

DH: You want to spend all next year lazy and sleeping?

me: Actually, yeah. 

• Like 10

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

What is A Little Princess and do I need it for the kids?

I just got The Wizard of OZ and The Jungle Book for $2 so I need to really need it if I need it.

I didn't read it, but watched a couple of versions of movies of it. We liked both. Check out the Shirley Temple one.

Interested to hear what the others say. None of us have ever read it. Your library should have those.

Yes, it's one of those books the library should have.

• Like 1

Kitty is not currently wearing the hoodie. It needed to be cleaned. I will put it back on her before bed.I would totally follow instaCritter.Changing things? Yes and no. Same resources for the most part, but approached in a more relaxed, hands-on style. I want to present it in a less schooly way.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

We're going the opposite of relaxed. I'm cracking down. Gymnast will still have her movement breaks every ten minutes or so though.

• Like 1

Understanding the Faith is fine, but textbookish.  I think she'll do better with the other books instead.

Habit thingy:  https://www.simplyconvivial.com/product/humble-habits/ It's $18.  I'm too self-defeating to pay $18 for it.  

Wizard of Oz was my regularly recurring nightmare.  Good luck.  

Oh, a paid thing. I only did something that was free. And mostly completed it.

Audible now has 28 pages of children's books in Spanish. I guess I haven't looked in awhile. We might need Tom Sawyer.

Eta: Probably not Twain, but something.

Eta2: Love Twain, but he deserves his original language.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Listening in English. It was on sale at audible for $0.95. Audible Spanish books are slim pickin's and never go on sale.

We have a few in a series of dramatized Spanish Bible from Audible. They range from 0.95 to about 3.95 depending on specials. I also have Hansel y Gretel. There are many classics in Spanish on there. How are you searching? Go to the Advanced Search and choose Spanish as the language. There are 553 titles just for kids.

We have a few in a series of dramatized Spanish Bible from Audible. They range from 0.95 to about 3.95 depending on specials. I also have Hansel y Gretel. There are many classics in Spanish on there. How are you searching? Go to the Advanced Search and choose Spanish as the language. There are 553 titles just for kids.

Oh, I see you found it.

• Like 1

Tell me what to get. I'm not doing it today. I do not spend money on short stories. I need chapter books or collections like Grimm or Hans Christian Andersen. I never substitute an English book for Spanish book if the English is beautifully done, like Just So Stories.

Broccoli and I wish we were in Hong Kong at the time they did their fireworks - we just watched it on YouTube, and I was impressed (I'm not easy to impress wrt fireworks). We just watched it because Celery said he was going to go to bed, so I thought I'd do it now, but he didn't even stay and watch a single moment - I guess he was too tired out. Guess I'll have to replay it tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Tell me what to get. I'm not doing it today. I do not spend money on short stories. I need chapter books or collections like Grimm or Hans Christian Andersen. I never substitute an English book for Spanish book if the English is beautifully done, like Just So Stories.

There's Grimm and Anderssen on there. We mostly have the dramatized Bible. Dh likes to listen to that too.

• Like 1

🎉 Happy New Year from the Central Time Zone! 🎉

Should auld booyas be forgot(ten)

And never brought to mind?

Should auld booyahs be forgot(ten)

And auld lang booya!

For auld lang booya, my dears

For auld lang booyah.

We'll take a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer yet,

And auld lang booyah!

:wub:

• Like 8

My battery is dying so this is a quick one!

Slache!

A Little Princess was a favorite of mine!  But older!  and Girly!

And we might do RAR 31 but my son who really wants to do it already reads aloud for at least an hour a day so the ten minute goal may need adjusting!

And RAR in general kind of irked me for the $$$ but I broke down and did it for an author that we know and really wanted to hear and now my ds10 is addicted and loves the author things so I'm stuck with it especially since the best authors are always spread out across the calendar and you can't just add/drop your membership!  So be warned! It's good stuff but kind of a $ commitment!

Made it!  

Sleep tight, ITT!

• Like 3

My battery is dying so this is a quick one!

Slache!

A Little Princess was a favorite of mine! But older! and Girly!

And we might do RAR 31 but my son who really wants to do it already reads aloud for at least an hour a day so the ten minute goal may need adjusting!

And RAR in general kind of irked me for the $$$ but I broke down and did it for an author that we know and really wanted to hear and now my ds10 is addicted and loves the author things so I'm stuck with it especially since the best authors are always spread out across the calendar and you can't just add/drop your membership! So be warned! It's good stuff but kind of a $ commitment!

Made it!

Sleep tight, ITT!

I wouldn't pay for RAR. If I had your kid I would pick an appropriate number of minutes and say it needs to happen every day in January.

• Like 1

I used to just look at the Sonlight catalog and TWTM and do their read alouds. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 31-day thing is just a challenge to have your child read out loud every day in January for 10 minutes. The thing about the Read Aloud Revival is that it tickles your ears. It's very lovely to listen to and is therefore inspiring to people who have a hard time reading out loud.
  • Like 1

I used to fall asleep reading aloud. The kids got a big kick out of the gibberish that would start to come out before petering out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bad at reading aloud. We do it during meals because they're an every day occurrence. Bible and poetry at breakfast, science and literature at lunch, history after dinner while I do dishes. I think for the challenge I'll have John read out loud 1st thing in the morning.

• Like 4

Me and Gymnast are still up. Dancer went with friends to a New Years thing at the Plaza. Apparently, it's only the second year it's been done. She got picked up late, so I'm pretty sure they missed it. Gymnast and I are baking conejos cookies and finishing a Christmas movie.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5