• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

I am so angry. I could let loose a string of words to make a gansta rapper blush.

SO we got a new eye dr bc the old one was always ridiculously late and always seemed super rushed. Love the new one! So nice, specializes in kids, etc. best part? SHE GIVES MY CHILDREN THE BLEEPITY BLAKIN CORRECT BLANKY BLANKIN EYE PRESCRIPTIONS!!!

Yes, my old dr gave dd6 the opposite eye prescription. She is not super nearsighted in one eye, she is super far-sighted in one eye and after a year of wearing glasses for the opposite she has amblyopia. Her brain is literally like, “what eye? Haven’t got a signal from lefty for ages!†So she may have to wear an eyepatch for a while, she’s got tracking issues, and NO FREAKIN WONDER the poor kid can’t read.

ENB is too good for that...person.

That’s terrible. Dr #1’s malpractice insurance should be covering your Dds vision needs for a while.

• Like 4

I don’t understand the friend thing?

I do consider you all my friends even if I can’t figure out the computer. I pray for you guys and I told dh how to get on here to tell you if something happens to me.

:001_wub:

We're talking about the friend list on your member profile page.

• Like 1

I am so angry. I could let loose a string of words to make a gansta rapper blush.

SO we got a new eye dr bc the old one was always ridiculously late and always seemed super rushed. Love the new one! So nice, specializes in kids, etc. best part? SHE GIVES MY CHILDREN THE BLEEPITY BLAKIN CORRECT BLANKY BLANKIN EYE PRESCRIPTIONS!!!

Yes, my old dr gave dd6 the opposite eye prescription. She is not super nearsighted in one eye, she is super far-sighted in one eye and after a year of wearing glasses for the opposite she has amblyopia. Her brain is literally like, “what eye? Haven’t got a signal from lefty for ages!†So she may have to wear an eyepatch for a while, she’s got tracking issues, and NO FREAKIN WONDER the poor kid can’t read.

ENB is too good for that...person.

I have no words.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I know, I just can’t figure out how to do it back. I have the computer skills of an 80 year old, lol.

Click on someone's profile name.  You'll get their profile.  There are little buttons at the top right, and one says "Add me as a friend."  If you are already their friend, it says "Remove me as a friend." 

DON'T click on it if it says "Remove," 'cuz that would be rude.  Unless they were super rude to you, and you want to be rude back.  Or they post something despicable and you no longer want to be associated with them.   

• Like 4

Click on someone's profile name. You'll get their profile. There are little buttons at the top right, and one says "Add me as a friend." If you are already their friend, it says "Remove me as a friend."

DON'T click on it if it says "Remove," 'cuz that would be rude. Unless they were super rude to you, and you want to be rude back. Or they post something despicable and you no longer want to be associated with them.

Ah, cool. :)

DS’s foot is broken. Insert appropriate curse word here! He’s been doing everything on it for a month. The doctor says he shouldn’t be doing anything except maybe walking in a boot. I mean, DS does Judo 2x a week, PE every day, is on the martial arts demo team, taekwondo 3x a week, hapkido 2x a week....and he hasn’t missed one class; sparring, breaking boards, running...😮

I cannot like this!!😩

Tater tots are in the oven.  (Not Spuds' tater tots.)

Chicken wings are in the oven, too.  I still need to make the hot sauce for this, but that should only take a few minutes.

Hamburgers that were previously cooked and frozen are ready to be zapped in the microwave.

We have  bacon, tomato, cheese, shredded lettuce, ketchup, mayo.

Dinner, Junie style.

We eat at 6.  Y'all come.  :)

• Like 6

My boat picture is coming along nicely. I might even be less averse to drawing watercraft when all is said and done.

Did you add some glorious hair? :D

Picture day at co op today. Lovely coordinator woman is wearing white pants. I promptly dropped my coffee at her feet. Now she's speckled, and I'm coffeeless.

I'll take that nap now.

:svengo:

It's my sister's birthday.

🎈🎈🎈🎉 Happy Birthday Sister of AMJ! 🎉🎈🎈🎈

Uh, my vote is now permanently going to be get it x-rayed. For all injuries.

Plus, our insurance is really good on coverage for these things and my favorite walk-in clinic has an x-ray lab.

No excuse not to go.

Disneyland is terribly expensive. We went this summer and will probably not go again as a complete family.

Slashie, if I were you I would wait until your kids are older. I don't know about Disneyworld, but Disneyland has a lot of roller coaster type rides and they are not appropriate for smaller children. You would probably spend most of your time hanging around with Alex, waiting for the rest of your family to go on a ride. And even with the whole Fast Pass thing, you wait for rides, and wait for rides and wait for rides.

She could take Paige's son along and they can get through super quick due to handicap. 😈

I don’t understand the friend thing?

I do consider you all my friends even if I can’t figure out the computer. I pray for you guys and I told dh how to get on here to tell you if something happens to me.

Aw shucks.

No dying or things happening. There’s rules.

Just as a reminder:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

I am a little nervous about making the quinoa. However, no one here has ever had it before so they won't know if it's cooked right. I am hoping dh isn't allergic to it. I should go check on the plasas.

• Like 3

DS’s foot is broken. Insert appropriate curse word here! He’s been doing everything on it for a month. The doctor says he shouldn’t be doing anything except maybe walking in a boot. I mean, DS does Judo 2x a week, PE every day, is on the martial arts demo team, taekwondo 3x a week, hapkido 2x a week....and he hasn’t missed one class; sparring, breaking boards, running...😮

Well, I guess he will have to take a rest for a bit, then.

In the meantime he has some real bragging rights as a tough guy, doesn't he?

Lookie there, a tough guy booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ

Oh shoot! I guess we're having eggs again tonight!

You know what's good? I'm not going to make it, because I don't want to, but if you've got some spaghetti, you can cook it up, add a little garlic cooked up in olive oil, a bunch of parm cheese, make a little sauce, and put that egg on top of all that and eat it. Very good.

Actually, that sounds really good...I should think about making that. Let me check the cheese supply.

ETA: The cheese supply is too low. Rats.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

***Reality Check***

My DS has never been.  He's 10.  We can't afford it.  And neither can you.  John will be fine if you don't go to Disney.  Really.  I promise.

I went to Disney World twice as a child, at age 8 and then age 13 (because a surprise sibling had been born and my parents felt a second trip was necessary... to be fair, you know).

My memory from the first trip is of cockroaches in the kitchenette of our first accommodation, and bunk beds in the second accommodation (because we had to get a new hotel, owing to the cockroaches.) On the second trip, all I remember is riding the shuttle bus.  And being terrified on a roller coaster.

That's it.  

Now, I have friends with five young children who LOVE to go.  BUT when she begins to give me all the ins and outs about crowd management and how occupy everyone while waiting in lines for hours and how to plan your entire day in advance so that you can hit at least six rides plus how to make reservations for lunch like two years in advance....

Well.  Not my idea of a vacation.  Possibly even worse than a cruise.  

Go to a hotel with a pool.  Save your money for US/world traveling when they are in high school. The kidlets will have so much more fun and you will all have great memories.  

• Like 4

My kids are 1, 4 & 6. Not everyone can get away with it without a cafeteria kitchen. I imagine Lynn, Junie etc. cook every day.

It worked for me a few years ago (sort of....I've was never official about it).  Now I'd have to make a double portion (of what is usually already a doubled recipe) in order to have leftovers.  

But my kids can cook now, so they are in charge of all lunches (they each have a day), and dh is in charge of homemade pizza night on Fridays, and Sundays are YOYO, so it's not so bad.  

Still, if I could outsource one job, it would be cooking.

• Like 3

We went to Disney World once when a friend of the family had a friend who worked there who could get some of us in free. It was really nice, but there was definitely a major "plan your trek through the park beforehand and get the timing right" aspect to it.

Another time when we were in Orlando to visit the family friend, we stayed in a townhouse community that had a lazy river. My kids loved that place! There was even a gift shop that sold Disney stuff, so it was almost like being there...:D (also, the place was super cheap - cheaper than a decent hotel room.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I would not be fit for a vacation to Disney--either place. Last year we asked the boys if they still wanted to do the local theme park for their back-to-school treat, and they said, "Heck, no." So apparently, it's hereditary. We went to the river up north with kayaks and canoe, boated, floated, saw no one at all, and I wrote a poem about it.

I've passed on my weirdness, so I guess my work here on earth is done. :laugh:

• Like 7

I don't know. I thought the magic would be gone or something.

For my family, the best part of Disney World was the roller coasters, and kids under 6 aren't usually tall enough for the good ones. If you're starting from Cincinnati, Cedar Point would probably be just as fun at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 2

I know, my priorities have been all out of whack. I should've just ignored my old school district when they said they were going to call CPS on me if I didn't get my kids registered in the new school district (something I legally don't have to do, to be clear), so that I would've had time to pay attention to ITT. Btw, it seems I've managed to pacify the old school district now, after giving them links to the law (and handing them a copy of the LOI and IHIP I sent to my new district... because, screw it, even if I'm in the right, it's not worth having to deal with CPS over). Also, How to Get Away with Murder is much better than I would've thought... kind of binge-watched that the past couple of evenings. 

• Like 5

Click on someone's profile name. You'll get their profile. There are little buttons at the top right, and one says "Add me as a friend." If you are already their friend, it says "Remove me as a friend."

DON'T click on it if it says "Remove," 'cuz that would be rude. Unless they were super rude to you, and you want to be rude back. Or they post something despicable and you no longer want to be associated with them.

Oh, so that's a deal breaker for you? 😂

• Like 3

(((Paige and Ds)))

(((Spud and little tot))). ENB on the way!

Susan - were you getting an X-ray today?

Disney World/Land - there's not enough money in this world to make me want to go to either one. Just say no. So many better things to do with $4000. Jmho. 😂

• Like 2

I slept for one. I can’t remember my dream either. I think that it was something about JJM saying that she was coming to visit me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get very far. :o  The short person got a babysitting job tonight and needs a ride.

(BTW, have I mentioned that it's also the week of her birthday present deliverY?  She's going to see Needtobreathe on Friday and Rend Collective on Saturday.  And I get to drive to those, too (Big City and Not So Big City, respectively)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4