Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ezra is boring.  I'm teaching Ezra to the teens at church.  I am working hard to try to make it relevant but really - it's boring. 

It's a Boring Ezra Booyah.  (No disrespect meant to Ezra who I'm sure worked very hard writing all of this down.)

Maybe Ezra needed a good editor.  :D

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Um...  I read the Book of Ezra earlier this year and found it fascinating. :leaving:  

I made a note on my reading log to re-visit it if I finish the OT before the end of the year.  Now, that is not likely to happen as I am way behind in my reading.

#migraines

#neednewglasses

Instead of getting new glasses, I ordered a Bible with larger print.  It just came in the mail on Friday.  I don't have much hope for catching up though.

(Instead of reading through the Bible in a year, I read through the Old Testament or the New Testament.  On NT years I can sometimes read through twice.)

• Like 3

Um...  I read the Book of Ezra earlier this year and found it fascinating. :leaving:  

I made a note on my reading log to re-visit it if I finish the OT before the end of the year.  Now, that is not likely to happen as I am way behind in my reading.

#migraines

#neednewglasses

Instead of getting new glasses, I ordered a Bible with larger print.  It just came in the mail on Friday.  I don't have much hope for catching up though.

(Instead of reading through the Bible in a year, I read through the Old Testament or the New Testament.  On NT years I can sometimes read through twice.)

I hope that it gets better.  We've only done two chapters - of genealogies.  And tallies of how many horses, camels and donkeys they took with them.  They took a lot of donkeys. 

• Like 5

DH and I went to buy a new washer with a plan. We had a plan to get the special deal and bring it home today because ours is broken. And....we left spending almost $150 more than the plan and it won't get here until Friday.  :confused1: What happened to my plan? I blame my weakness on my cold. So many details....nod and smile...try not to cough...buy all the things. It will be fancy and shiny, though. I need pants. 

• Like 7

DH and I went to buy a new washer with a plan. We had a plan to get the special deal and bring it home today because ours is broken. And....we left spending almost $150 more than the plan and it won't get here until Friday. :confused1: What happened to my plan? I blame my weakness on my cold. So many details....nod and smile...try not to cough...buy all the things. It will be fancy and shiny, though. I need pants.

((Paige))

I hope that it gets better. We've only done two chapters - of genealogies. And tallies of how many horses, camels and donkeys they took with them. They took a lot of donkeys.

Shh, don't tell anyone, but I go really easy on the genealogies. Like.... I skip them.
  • Like 4

((Paige))

I was happy with everything until I got home and realized- OMG, we spent so much money and I have no pants! They didn't have what we wanted in stock or we would have brought it home. DH is the type to want to spend more now on the nicer product and I'm a super cheapskate. I wanted the fancy features too (who doesn't?), but thought we should stick with the sufficient model. He was like- just get the one you really want. And I did for once. I have regrets, because cheapskate. DH has none because he's a happy spender. I'm sure I'll be happy when I use it. 

Spending money makes me nauseous every time. He said we'd keep it for 10 years and 150/10 is only 15 extra a year; just over $1 more a month. He's right, right?

• Like 7

I love genealogies! And the law! :drool5: I acknowledge that this is abnormal. I don't like dialog unless it's in red. I have a love hate relationship with Paul. Prophecy is a favorite.

Isaiah is my favorite book. I read a chapter every day. And when I finish I start over. Of course I read other stuff, too.
  • Like 4

Isaiah is my favorite book. I read a chapter every day. And when I finish I start over. Of course I read other stuff, too.

Isaiah contains 66 chapters. The Bible contains 66 books.

The first 39 chapters of Isaiah are about Israel’s need for a savior. The first 39 books in the Bible are about the world’s need for a savior.

The last 27 chapters of Isaiah are about redemption for Israel. The last 27 books in the Bible are about redemption for the world.

There is approximately a 40 year gap between the first 39 chapters and the last 27 chapters of Isaiah. There is approximately a 400 year gap between the first 39 books and the last 27 books of the Bible.

• Like 6

Isaiah contains 66 chapters. The Bible contains 66 books.

The first 39 chapters of Isaiah are about Israel’s need for a savior. The first 39 books in the Bible are about the world’s need for a savior.

The last 27 chapters of Isaiah are about redemption for Israel. The last 27 books in the Bible are about redemption for the world.

There is approximately a 40 year gap between the first 39 chapters and the last 27 chapters of Isaiah. There is approximately a 400 year gap between the first 39 books and the last 27 books of the Bible.

This looks alarmingly like math to me.

• Like 4

Oh, my DH has it. I made him clean out stuff, too, and he ended up with a ton of computer cord thingies that he has no idea what to do with. I'm sure yous is in there somewhere.

Perfect.  PM me and I'll get my address to you.  

Did he happen to see my dh's belts in there, by any chance?

• Like 3

Recipe.

Better yet, get my address from Krissi and ship it overnight.  :drool5:

Sear the steaks. Pan sauce is shallots, a bit of garlic, a bit of thyme, a bay leaf, and beef stock. Sear up the aromatics, deglaze with the stock and boil most of it off. Add a bit of butter and serve it over the steaks.

• Like 3

Sear the steaks. Pan sauce is shallots, a bit of garlic, a bit of thyme, a bay leaf, and beef stock. Sear up the aromatics, deglaze with the stock and boil most of it off. Add a bit of butter and serve it over the steaks.

How do you sear up aromatics? If you don't have shallots can you use a mild onion?

The Winter's Tale was wonderful - the kids loved it and ds12 said he cried (just a little!) at the end. Dd8 is still crying a little because she fell asleep and missed the queen statue at the end (we woke her up for it but she fell back asleep). I have declared that no one is allowed out of bed before 7:30am. Good night!

• Like 7

Good Monday Morning!

Barking dog (not ours) woke us up at 3.   :glare:

I'm visiting 12yo ds Challenge class today - my only chance to do it this semester.  It's a good thing to do, but my attention span is not what it used to be.  Hope I can behave that long.   :eek:  :blink:   (So, you know that means I'll be back on the ITT sometime during the day.  Let's just hope it's not as early as 9am!)

:seeya: Renai!  Miss you!

Slache, just kill the spiders and move on.   :tongue_smilie:

I don't know how to pan sear steaks or aromatics; does that mean burn?   :leaving:

Do we need to send out a search party for Luuknam?

• Like 6

Good Monday Morning!

Barking dog (not ours) woke us up at 3. :glare:

I'm visiting 12yo ds Challenge class today - my only chance to do it this semester. It's a good thing to do, but my attention span is not what it used to be. Hope I can behave that long. :eek: :blink: (So, you know that means I'll be back on the ITT sometime during the day. Let's just hope it's not as early as 9am!)

:seeya: Renai! Miss you!

Slache, just kill the spiders and move on. :tongue_smilie:

I don't know how to pan sear steaks or aromatics; does that mean burn? :leaving:

Do we need to send out a search party for Luuknam?

Matt killed him. I think he was jealous.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

• Like 2

DH and I went to buy a new washer with a plan. We had a plan to get the special deal and bring it home today because ours is broken. And....we left spending almost $150 more than the plan and it won't get here until Friday.  :confused1: What happened to my plan? I blame my weakness on my cold. So many details....nod and smile...try not to cough...buy all the things. It will be fancy and shiny, though. I need pants. 

:grouphug:   Did your DH have anything to do with that alteration from the plan?  I'm not putting the blame on him, I'm just aware that often spouses want to go for more (if they can afford it) so the loves of their lives can have better sooner and longer.

• Like 2

Yay, Renai was able to check in!

Beautiful snow!  I'm quite envious.  

#Ilovesnowangels

• Like 2

Good morning!

Hi Renai!! Beautiful snow memories!

It's The Queen's favorite day! Happy travels, Queen Ellie! (You back yet?)

Dh left for work a while ago. I think everyone else may be following my instructions to sleep late.

Hit me with your pet shark!

Regular day of lessons today, very busy afternoon. Might involve scrambling.

Coffee substitute!

• Like 6

How do you sear up aromatics? If you don't have shallots can you use a mild onion?

A little hot oil in the skillet, chop the aromatics up and get them a bit brown.

I like shallots better than onion for pan sauces. I suppose you could use a mild onion, but I'm not sure it would be the same. Probably tasty though.

• Like 2

I feel really sick this morning. Horribly congested, coughing like crazy, gagging, sneezing. Yuck. It's six days--this cold should be gone.

The snapping turtles are already in fine form this morning. They know I'm too hoarse to fight back.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!😩😩😩😩 (I do not like Mondays, even if it is the Queen's favorite day!! And Happy Travels and Best Wishes to the Queen)

DS starts his new "school" today.ðŸ‘

I hate getting up in the dark. I wish the time would change back to Standard Time.ðŸ‚ðŸ‚ðŸ‚

• Like 5