Menu

Aaaaaaaand page 2!

Eta: Dang it! Math and stuff.

I've been waiting for page 2!  I keep checking  back to see if it had reached that yet.  Maybe now, with this post?

ETA:  YES!!!!  Haha, I'm the first one to page 2!

• Like 5
  • Replies 192k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

I've been waiting for page 2!  I keep checking  back to see if it had reached that yet.  Maybe now, with this post?

You won the page 2 contest.

But I'm getting page 2 post 2. Is that special somehow?

• Like 2

Post 51 is always on page 2. For some reason I thought it was post 50. I was so proud.  :mellow:

• Like 3

Well, that's probably because you chose the wrong math curriculum. Shall we discuss spiral vs. mastery now?

SPIRAL! That's my very strong opinion and I have absolutely no experience to base it on.

• Like 5

I couldn't resist looking at this thread when I first saw it. Then I dropped back in when in had hit 29 posts. Now at 64, I feel like I've missed out. I'm so proud of all of you for ignoring instructions and finding so much of nothing to say.

• Like 3

Only if someone will bring the cupcakes. 

Cupcakes are for slacker moms who won't take the time to master cake baking. They just go to the store, pick up that boxed stuff full of chemicals, write a check slooooowly at the register, and abandon their carts in the middle of the parking lot. Hmph.

• Like 7

Well, there's your problem. Everyone knows that spiral programs are the devil's spawn. Mastery, baby. Mastery.

No, I kinda prefer a rambling zig-zag....

• Like 2

No, I kinda prefer a rambling zig-zag....

Perhaps we will pursue the goldfish method.  And here we have a castle.  Now what's over here?  Ah, that's nice, too.  What's back here?  Oh, look, a castle!  And over here is nice.  Ooo, what's back here -- a castle!  And over here....

Some days it feels like it, at least.

Do I get points for quoting myself?

• Like 4

I award you five points for quoting yourself and then ten more points for being amusing. :)

Thank you very much!

Perhaps we will pursue the goldfish method.  And here we have a castle.  Now what's over here?  Ah, that's nice, too.  What's back here?  Oh, look, a castle!  And over here is nice.  Ooo, what's back here -- a castle!  And over here....

Some days it feels like it, at least.

Do I get points for quoting myself?

We LOVE the goldfish method!!  You should try it. The rambling zig-zag didn't appeal to my son. Although it was all-over-the-place enough for him, it wasn't fast enough. The "strolling through the meadow with my head stuck in a tree trunk" didn't work either. We just didn't get anywhere. Sigh.So we moved on and haven't looked back.

I'm of absolutely no help on the other threads today, so I'm posting here.  I feel like I belong. 

(Do we get points for quoting AMJ too?)

• Like 5

We LOVE the goldfish method!! You should try it. The rambling zig-zag didn't appeal to my son. Although it was all-over-the-place enough for him, it wasn't fast enough. The "strolling through the meadow with my head stuck in a tree trunk" didn't work either. We just didn't get anywhere. Sigh.So we moved on and haven't looked back.

I'm of absolutely no help on the other threads today, so I'm posting here. I feel like I belong.

(Do we get points for quoting AMJ too?)

Yes, 25 points. That puts you in the lead.

• Like 2

You are right, 50 points for oversharing. There's nothing like TMI.

YES!  My fair share!  Thank you.

For TMI proof, please see the thread on marriage and parenting, and the one in which SWB announces the online courses. 

You're welcome.  ;)

• Like 4

Me too. Except slightly different in a few important respects, BUT I don't want to hijack.

Which brings me to the one thing this thread lacks:  A spin-off. 

And a third page.

And now that I think about it, a post from SWB.

Sweet Fancy Moses, that would make.my.day.  

• Like 12

One cannot place a value on that, but I will award you 106 points for a strong showing.

Seriously!? I mentioned willies and offered to tackle a fireman! I should get more points. Or at least arrested.

• Like 9