Menu

Ignore this thread!

Wow, looks like we might actually get some severe weather.  And it's bedtime.

Just before the last of the light disappeared I went out to look at what the sky was doing.  Our cat was hunkered down under a pile of wood we have by the back door (from a torn-down swing set -- we need to remove the metal before taking it to the burn pile).  When I came back in she scurried low and fast through the door and went straight up to her bed.  I might be staring at the weather app a while tonight.

• Like 3

Uh, Susan.... I've been thinking, who's going to play you in the upcoming blockbuster hit movie.

I'm thinking Kathy Bates. Meg Ryan's characters have way more personality than I do. :D

Harrison Ford can play Mark W.

SWB is beautiful and talented and should play herself.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I'm jealous of fabulous libraries. Ours is.... not bad, but it's small. It's a small town library with a small town budget. They really do the best they can, but there's not a lot of support.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I don't partake in their classes, but if you want a book they probably have it. 3 weeks per book with 4 renewals. 10 cents a day overdraft fee. I place them on hold and pick them up at my convenience. The classes are abused as free babysitting with undisciplined children. We go to read a book and someone bites my kid so hard he bleeds. Tell mom about it and she tells me to f*ck off. There's nothing the librarian can do about it. It's awful. Free books though, so yay.

You met your step goal.

I actually have two goals: the official one, that sometimes I barely meet (except this week has been great!), and I'll sometimes set a personal higher goal for whatever reason. This weekend, I'm doing one of those Yosemite challenges and wanted to finish it in two days, so my personal goal was quite a reach from the official. I'm over 2,000 steps short of that goal, and I'm not going to make it.

• Like 1

Page 63, despite the fact that my wife told me I can't read this thread anymore until after we move. She's completely gung-ho today about getting everything packed, and it's completely getting on my nerves. I helped pack stuff, but I constantly feel like she thinks I'm not doing enough, like I'm too slow, or that I'm not doing it right, or w/e. So, since it's after 11pm I just fled to our bedroom with a box of chocolates and am reading the thread I'm not allowed to be reading. Sigh. And I can just feel the negative vibes from her... but if I were to confront her about it, she'd just tell me that it's all in my head, that I keep feeling judged even when I'm not, etc, blah blah blah. She even packed a bunch of stuff I'm still using while I took the kids to pick up Celery's new glasses, so I now have no clue what box they're in (not that Celery would mind... he'd happily do without writing and grammar for the next year). I mean, we don't even know yet when we're moving. Signing papers and get key on Monday, iiuc, and need to be out of here before June, but we don't have a truck rented or anything, so who knows? I hate uncertainty. Spent a bunch of time crying today. 

• Like 1

Page 63, despite the fact that my wife told me I can't read this thread anymore until after we move. She's completely gung-ho today about getting everything packed, and it's completely getting on my nerves. I helped pack stuff, but I constantly feel like she thinks I'm not doing enough, like I'm too slow, or that I'm not doing it right, or w/e. So, since it's after 11pm I just fled to our bedroom with a box of chocolates and am reading the thread I'm not allowed to be reading. Sigh. And I can just feel the negative vibes from her... but if I were to confront her about it, she'd just tell me that it's all in my head, that I keep feeling judged even when I'm not, etc, blah blah blah. She even packed a bunch of stuff I'm still using while I took the kids to pick up Celery's new glasses, so I now have no clue what box they're in (not that Celery would mind... he'd happily do without writing and grammar for the next year). I mean, we don't even know yet when we're moving. Signing papers and get key on Monday, iiuc, and need to be out of here before June, but we don't have a truck rented or anything, so who knows? I hate uncertainty. Spent a bunch of time crying today. 

:grouphug:

• Like 2

You've come to the right place. We're chock full of

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Begniets (spelling?).  

This poor woman misspelled this on page 65, and I'm on page 67 now and nobody has helped her yet, so I figured that since this is clearly an urgent matter, I'd help her out. It's beignets. You're welcome.  ;)

• Like 6

I'm having trouble sleeping again. :(

It has rained the last two days.

I ate cajun turkey on a Hawaiian roll with some Doritos.

HeeHaw is on the television in the living room.

Imma bed.

Eta: I have 1999 posts.

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 7

Beignets.  Drizzled with chocolate. 

Sigh. I love them. Alas, I cannot have them. Somebody please eat a delicious, decadent beignet for me, complete with powdered sugar and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. 

We went to Mass last night so we're actually home all day w nothing to do. Well, I have lots to do. But, Sabbath. Does lesson planning break the Sabbath? I go back and forth on whether or not it counts.

I plan to lesson plan today. Not that I'm a moral guide or anything, but you'll have company in the penalty box. :laugh:

• Like 2

We went to Mass last night so we're actually home all day w nothing to do. Well, I have lots to do. But, Sabbath. Does lesson planning break the Sabbath? I go back and forth on whether or not it counts.

I wouldn't think so, because it's not intended for financial gain. Like washing the dishes.

Luuknaam, I appreciate the trip down ITT memory lane. I hope the move goes well.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning!

Congratulations, ds18 of Lynn!!

We have church and Sunday School, and then I plan to take dd10 to the walk-in clinic to have them check out her fingers. They have an x-ray lab, which she is very familiar with, having had her lungs x-rayed so many times! :D

Coffee!

• Like 3

I wish I could say I was all kinds of motivated to do summer school tomorrow. The boys are ready. Not happy, but ready. They both complained that they hadn't been able to get any good writing done because there wasn't school to "motivate" them.

"When I don't have school, Mom, I don't feel pressured to write. And then I don't write. But when I have school, I really work hard in the morning to get my writing done, because I know there's school, and I really want to get my writing done first."

My reply: "Well, I'm really motivated to write when I'm on break, because I know that when school starts back I'll have to do that, and I won't get time to write!"

I think there's an equation, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of it.

• Like 5

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Moving is hard.  Moving with uncertainty is torture.

• Like 3

This poor woman misspelled this on page 65, and I'm on page 67 now and nobody has helped her yet, so I figured that since this is clearly an urgent matter, I'd help her out. It's beignets. You're welcome.  ;)

Thank you!  That was one of my brain-dead days, I think.  Down here people who can't spell beignets get horrified glances.

• Like 2

Beignets.  Drizzled with chocolate. 

And dusted with powdered sugar

#dietingsucks

#Isaidsucks

So does diabetes.  I won't go near beignets because I can't resist them.

• Like 1

We're home!! Super, super good concert!! And Ted Nugent made a surprise appearance!

The Nuge!  Angi saw the Nuge!  :svengo:

Sigh. I love them. Alas, I cannot have them. Somebody please eat a delicious, decadent beignet for me, complete with powdered sugar and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. 

I plan to lesson plan today. Not that I'm a moral guide or anything, but you'll have company in the penalty box. :laugh:

I shouldn't have them either (not to the gravity of you, but still.)  It was just the thought.  The warm, crumbly, sweet, delicious, forbidden thought.  :svengo:

:party:  for Lynn's oldest DS!

Big, tight :grouphug: for Dawn.  (and always in my prayers, too.)

:grouphug: for luuknaam.  Moving sucks.

#isaidsucksagain

#i'monaroll

• Like 6

I'm having trouble sleeping again. :(

It has rained the last two days.

I ate cajun turkey on a Hawaiian roll with some Doritos.

HeeHaw is on the television in the living room.

Imma bed.

Eta: I have 1999 posts.

As of my reading this you have 2000!  Congrats!   :hurray:  :hurray:

You still get to watch Hee Haw?  What is the source?  Paid Service?  Special channel?  DVD?  I fondly remember Hee Haw from when I was a kid, and would like to inflict upon expose my kids to this wonderful bit of Americana.

• Like 2

It's 2:30 am and I'm up. Mal had a nightmare and I could not get him to stop crying. He's better now and happily watching Netflix. But he's also wide awake...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope everyone has a restful Sunday! Esp Lana and Luuknam.

Krissi, can we see your new haircut?

You're supposed to rest, whatever that means to you. Just make sure you don't carry something larger than a fig more than 50 feet or you're going to Hell.

(That was a pharisaical law).

• Like 3

I wish I could say I was all kinds of motivated to do summer school tomorrow. The boys are ready. Not happy, but ready. They both complained that they hadn't been able to get any good writing done because there wasn't school to "motivate" them.

"When I don't have school, Mom, I don't feel pressured to write. And then I don't write. But when I have school, I really work hard in the morning to get my writing done, because I know there's school, and I really want to get my writing done first."

My reply: "Well, I'm really motivated to write when I'm on break, because I know that when school starts back I'll have to do that, and I won't get time to write!"

I think there's an equation, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of it.

Sounds like your boys share a trait with me -- they work better when deadlines loom.  They will learn over time how to manage this, how to create deadlines for themselves that actually feel like deadlines (many times self-imposed deadlines that are arbitrarily determined don't take because the person knows they can fudge them if they need or want to).  They will also find their own sources of motivation and inspiration, but it could take a while.  I have found that sometimes I have to sink to a low, maybe even deliberately wallow in self-pity over something for just a bit, before I can get fed up with that, shake it off, and just get started.

I would normally tell them not to lose heart, but I have found that losing heart over something I genuinely like is one way to get my dander up.  I get defiant, fed up, even angry, and then I start to do something about it, even if I have no idea of what to do or a plan to follow.  I start doing, and then go where it takes me.

This is something I started figuring out in my teens.  I was too intimidated earlier, but certain circumstances in my teens gave me just enough to start fighting.  Your boys don't sound like they lack the self-confidence, so they might start working this out earlier.

• Like 2

As of my reading this you have 2000! Congrats! :hurray: :hurray:

You still get to watch Hee Haw? What is the source? Paid Service? Special channel? DVD? I fondly remember Hee Haw from when I was a kid, and would like to inflict upon expose my kids to this wonderful bit of Americana.

We have DirecTV because of mom. She watches the Fox News channel most of the time, but on the weekends she sometimes watches another channel with Hee Haw. I think it maybe RuralTv or something like that.

I liked it so much better when we had just the antenna and a Blu-Ray player with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and such. Cheaper and less garbage for the children to watch. We have parental controls set up, but still plenty of garbage. Sorry I got off track there. ;)

• Like 4

You're supposed to rest, whatever that means to you. Just make sure you don't carry something larger than a fig more than 50 feet or you're going to Hell.

(That was a pharisaical law).

:svengo:   I'm done for!  Our fig trees are loaded with fruit that needs to be inspected and picked daily right now.  I'm pretty sure it is more than 50 feet across our backyard.

Oh, well.  Fresh fruit!   :D

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

No COFFEE yet!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Because.....

I always set it for 7:00 on Sundays, but this Sunday

I woke up at ?!%^# 6:30

Because there is a $&%^# cement truck next door pouring cement.

Who does that??

Isn't there a $&%#^ noise ordinance or something???

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

We have DirecTV because of mom. She watches the Fox News channel most of the time, but on the weekends she sometimes watches another channel with Hee Haw. I think it maybe RuralTv or something like that.

I liked it so much better when we had just the antenna and a Blu-Ray player with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and such. Cheaper and less garbage for the children to watch. We have parental controls set up, but still plenty of garbage. Sorry I got off track there. ;)

That's quite alright.  We have an antenna, a PS3 with a few Just Dance and exercise games, and currently Netflix.  DH is getting fed up with Netflix, however, and is tempted to either go with Amazon Prime or Hulu.  His folks recently dropped Netflix and picked up Hulu.

We watch the morning (and sometimes bedtime) news on our bedroom TV upstairs.  We used to record and watch some shows downstairs, but the TV signal comes through the TV computer (something DH set up so we can watch videos we have stored on the family network) and I have no idea how to get to "on the air" TV down there anymore.  We don't really miss it.

I might go looking to see if Hee Haw is on DVD or something.

• Like 2