Menu

Ignore this thread!

This thread is so divisive! I can't believe all the sniping & passive aggressive & all the hyper competitive comments here. & I think someone actually got physically hurt?  >insert long diatribe about how disappointed I am in this community & big old hairflip post<

ME!  I was physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually hurt in every way possible!   :nopity:

It is like that old INXS song.

(Don't look too hard for the connection.  I just really liked the 80's.   ;) )

Edited to insert Oxford comma.  I'm pro Oxford comma.

• Like 5

ME!  I was physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually hurt in every way possible!   :nopity:

It is like that old INXS song.

(Don't look too hard for the connection.  I just really liked the 80's.   ;) )

Edited to insert Oxford comma.  I'm pro Oxford comma.

Okay, that's it. I'm moving beyond :001_wub:  to creepy stalker feelings... :zombiechase: .

• Like 2

Ignore this post and do not give me any points!

I wonder if this will work to get me infinitely many points...

I am not qualified to grant points but, for admirably incorporating the theme of the thread, you may also be a Regent of the Universe.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of forming an Oxford comma club in my spare time, and you can be Vice President if you like.

Oooo, a Title.  Sign. Me. Up.  (My part-time job is as a technical writer and editor. The company I work for-they are anti-Oxford comma. You do not know how I suffer.)

• Like 2

It's likely they're not sized properly if they're hurting your underarms.

While I was on the phone with my dad for over an hour, one of the things he did was to instruct me to adjust the crutches.  So I will do so after I get over the terrible traumas I have experienced today.  I asked dh if it was Friday the 13th, and alas, it is not.  That was  a week ago.  Catastrophe has befallen me today, one week late.

• Like 1

I'm not a movie person. I grew up without a TV and never grew into the idea. I do currently watch Once and [thinks for 3 minutes] something else. I think... Maybe just Once. Anyway, I've probably seen 100 movies. I own The Last Unicorn and Remember The Titans. My Kids own Frozen, The Fox and The Hound, and Peter Pan. My husband has a box of movies in the closet, but we've lived here for 4 years and he's never dragged them out.

• Like 1

"Ignore this thread!"

Ha, you can't tell me what to do!

And if you try to teach me how to do a double-digit multiplication problem, I'll sit there for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to do it in my head (and still get the answer wrong, but I won't admit it's actually wrong, I'll tell you I just got the numbers mixed up, but they aren't really wrong) because I'm not going to do it your way. Ha! I'll show you!

• Like 3

I will, I'll go milk my cows and makes some fresh cream with my raw milk.  You will never go back to pasteurized cream again!

5 million points for you!  I have been woefully deprived of fresh milk since my teen years on the family farm.  We didn't have cows, but we bought milk from the country store (yes, a store out in the country!).  I loved peeling back the foil cap to get to the cream floating on top -- that is, when my Mom didn't beat me to it!

• Like 1

Serious comment (is that allowed?) about the TV thing.

My house is clean and we eat home cooked meals 5-6 nights a week. I read everyday, am studying Greek, learning guitar, go hiking regularly, and play with my kids for at least an hour everyday. Everyone that I have convinced to toss their televisions, purge their movies and cancel their Netflix accounts (granted there's only 3 of them) have thanked me every time I see them and have beautiful stories about how it transformed their families. Maybe you should consider it. People spend way more time watching TV than they realize. Way more time. What could you accomplish in that time? I know I've been very active on the hive lately, but that's only because of a bum foot. I'm usually having too much fun to be on a computer all day.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of forming an Oxford comma club in my spare time, and you can be Vice President if you like.

DH agrees with the Oxford Comma Club, and would probably accept an inactive and unrecognized membership.  He's not a joiner, but he is of like mind.

I didn't know what one was until he explained.  I always thought it was called "proper puctuation"!

• Like 2

I have a similar problem with my badly sprained ankle.  Walking on crutches hurts one's underarms, yo.  I am pushing fifty and have NEVER used crutches.  Weird.  I had to borrow them from my dad.

True, sad and amusing story:  In order to make it to co op this morning to teach my class, I had to drive my boys to the Goodwill store, give them money, and ask them to buy me some crutches.  Well, they bought the only pair there, which were too short (I'm 5'10"), had one rubber stopper missing from the bottom and had NO handholds.  Then, when I got to co op, I had to call my friend to come park my car so I could walk right in the door.  After co op, I drove to my dad's house to borrow his crutches, which have HANDHOLDS.  Nice. :coolgleamA:

Taking a bath a bit ago was interesting, too, given I was trying not to hurt myself, suspend my sprained ankle out of the water and not wet the road rash on the other leg I got when I hit the pavement.  It's bad to be me today.

My plan is to sit here and waste time on the internet because I can't do much else.

What happened to you?!?  Do I need to go beat somebody up?  Nobody messes with my friends and playmates!

• Like 1

My house is clean and we eat home cooked meals 5-6 nights a week. I read everyday, am studying Greek, learning guitar, go hiking regularly, and play with my kids for at least an hour everyday. Everyone that I have convinced to toss their televisions, purge their movies and cancel their Netflix accounts (granted there's only 3 of them) have thanked me every time I see them and have beautiful stories about how it transformed their families. Maybe you should consider it. People spend way more time watching TV than they realize. Way more time. What could you accomplish in that time? I know I've been very active on the hive lately, but that's only because of a bum foot. I'm usually having too much fun to be on a computer all day.

Alright.  I triple-like this.

Enough to forgive you for posting it HERE.

Not enough to not overthrow you, but when I do overthrow you, you may still come over to my palace and watch the library copy of Sherlock on my VHS player.  We did finally get cable this year (first time ever in my life that I've had cable and internet at home), but I'm not sure yet how to use it.  

So really, I think we could be BFFs if there wasn't this whole battle for the crown thing.  Sigh.  

ETA:  I have a bum foot too.       

Alriiiiiiight, I don't.

But dang-it-all this thread is like potato chips.

• Like 4

Alright.  I triple-like this.

Enough to forgive you for posting it HERE.

Not enough to not overthrow you, but when I do overthrow you, you may still come over to my palace and watch the library copy of Sherlock on my VHS player.  We did finally get cable this year (first time ever in my life that I've had cable and internet at home), but I'm not sure yet how to use it.  

So really, I think we could be BFFs if there wasn't this whole battle for the crown thing.  Sigh.  

I know you don't venture into the exercise threads, but maybe you should consider it before you try to overthrow me.

Hint: You can't  :coolgleamA:

• Like 1

Hey! I want in the Pro Oxford Comma Club. But not if the membership price is crutches and a bum foot. I think mine is only a possible stress fracture that I've been walking on since August (so not crutches worthy pain).

I do not spend too much time on tv or Netflix (never watch first, only listen to old faves on second WHILE cleaning, cooking, or folding laundry) but I do waste way too much time reading here. Way too much.

• Like 4

I love that this thread has 10 followers.

:seeya:

Some of us like filling up our email account with notices that the thread has been posted to.  I received a bajillion emails today. Each one is worth a point. I should bequeath some to the less fortunate. 

However, I failed the Texas quiz. Does this mean I get booted?

Maybe I'll redeem myself by finding that kilt-wearing fireman.

Now where was the link to the spin-off thread?

• Like 1

I'm reading T. S. Eliot by a fireplace at my editor's country home in South Carolina, and am way too happy right now to pay any attention whatsoever to the message boards.  :001_tt2:

SWB

Oh, sure. You say that now.  :zombiechase:

• Like 2

Some of us like filling up our email account with notices that the thread has been posted to.  I received a bajillion emails today. Each one is worth a point. I should bequeath some to the less fortunate. 

However, I failed the Texas quiz. Does this mean I get booted?

Maybe I'll redeem myself by finding that kilt-wearing fireman.

Now where was the link to the spin-off thread?

Nah.  You're not booted.  We shall keep you like the red-headed stepchild Oklahoma.  You can clean the toilets and take out the trash.  Learn to drink sweet tea and eat gas station food, and you can move up in the ranks to laundry duty.

• Like 3

I actually do not watch much TV.  Dh and kids are into TV, though.  The boys and dh watch mostly sports and little dd mostly educational kids' shows.

I spend all of my time on the interwebs.  :laugh:

• Like 1

*SIGH* I scored 70%. But I'm a late-comer! I've been deprived, and didn't get here until I was out of college! I came as soon as I could!

93% Booyah! I'll take eleventy billion points because I think im the highest scoring poster and because, well, I'm Texan.

333 points if you can figure out what I missed (not that I know... But if it helps I left in 1993, I was planning on moving back after school but there was this hot law school guy....)

• Like 2

This is is admirable, inspiring, and doubtless worthy of a (really cool and serious) spin-off thread.

Nonetheless, you do NOT get a pass on The Princess Bride and My Big, Fat (Greek) Wedding.  We classical-ish educators value culture and those movies are culture, baby. If you want to be a Regent of the Universe, you have some catching up to do. :toetap05:

"That's it! No.More. Rhyming. And I mean it."

• Like 5