Menu

What's with the ads?

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s a holiday?  What holiday?  I feel like everyone knows something that I don’t. 

12 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Me, too. President's Day is next Monday, and Lincoln's birthday is tomorrow. What's today?

Lincoln’s Birthday. The “official holiday” is next Monday, President’s Day, but schools are taking today off, too.

And this is an official “Hail to the Chief” Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h Baby!!!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Local schools are off here too today - but because of the snowpocalypse.  I have been accused of being draconian by some neighbors because we do school anyway.   😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

We're getting a lot of rain this week.

When we get snow, the dc get off school if dh stays home.  Our regular classes are cancelled and replaced with Phys. Ed. (aka shoveling the driveway).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Local schools are off here too today - but because of the snowpocalypse.  I have been accused of being draconian by some neighbors because we do school anyway.   😉 

"You do school through the summer? That's not fair!"

"Your kids are so advanced. You're so lucky."

:dry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

We learn our new memory work over breakfast and Alex is there. Lately he's been reciting our poetry and declensions and he is just terrible at it and it's adorable!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

If anyone wants my new address like my post and I'll pm you.

I want your new address.  And I always like your posts!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I will make lunch  now. Two neighbor girls left, DD1 still has her friend over and another of her friends is coming over this afternoon. The three girls seem to have a good time when the are together, so that's good. And I've even been getting stuff done today. Paid some bills, organized the checkbook and got onto Excel and got my budget under control.  I hate using cash because I have a hard time with receipts. It's so much easier when I have checks and a credit card bill to consult.😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Are extended vehicle warranties worth it?

I have only bought one once and it was worth it.  It was for a used (year or two year old car) car.  That was years ago, so I don't know if they're worth it anymore.   I would never FINANCE a warranty, though.  Who's getting a new car?

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 2

We're back from lunch.  After lunch, dc amd I stopped by the mall to let them look for Valentine's presents they might want.  Neither could find anything.  Well, dd found a hoodie, but it was full price so we passed.  

I went to the AFSA gas station store and got dh's power bars.  I bought all they had (19).  Then I went to dollar tree for toothpaste, body wash, and Valentine's candy (for everyone else in my house and for neighbor kids).  

It's raining.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Are extended vehicle warranties worth it?

It's going to depend on the cost of the vehicle, the cost of the warranty, and the likelihood/cost of repairs. We bought an extended warranty on the Kia (purchased 2 years ago), because the cost of a computer failure would be horrendous, but a fraction of the warranty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I have only bought one once and it was worth it.  It was for a used (year or two year old car) car.  That was years ago, so I don't know if they're worth it anymore.   I would never FINANCE a warranty, though.  Who's getting a new car?

No one, the warranty on ours is nearly up and they wanted us to extend it at $200 initial payment and $149 for 24 months.  I had to tell my Dh no because we could just set that money aside and fix the problem as it arises and not have a monthly bill and $100 deductible.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

No one, the warranty on ours is nearly up and they wanted us to extend it at $200 initial payment and $149 for 24 months.  I had to tell my Dh no because we could just set that money aside and fix the problem as it arises and not have a monthly bill and $100 deductible.

Holy cow! Definitely run from that!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Problem:

I need to have 2 mattresses and 3 sets of bedding delivered to San Antonio, along with like a shower curtain and other things. We cannot have them delivered to the apartment until we get there but don't want to sleep on the floor while we wait for them to get there. I am not willing to drive 4 hours round trip to pick them up from those of you in this thread that are semilocal after 10 hours in the car that day. Amazon lockers only hold items for 3 days before returning them. What's the solution? I will not buy mattresses locally because it will cost significantly more.

Eta: Okay, I think we're going to pay for a month of prime because Angi told me about a thing where you can pick your delivery date with Prime. I can have things delivered the day before into a locker and just pick them up at my convenience.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Heard of Angry Birds?  This is Angry Snow Bunny

OHob9Sc.jpg

The Angry Snow Bunny has teamed up with Headless Snowman!  Run away!  Run away!

• Like 2

It is raining.  But!  The IRS has accepted our tax return!!  I always worry about getting the college reporting correct.  

I stole 3 small cuttings of lavender from the University gardens.  Don't tell anyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After a 6-hour nap (broken up, so maybe 4 hours of sleep), my headache has been upgraded/downgraded (depending on how you look at it) from a Level 7 to a Level 4.

Anything worse than a Level 3 and I am not quite functional.  Dh came home from work early to take care of things here.  

• Like 5

We have the dimensions of the new place. The kid's room will be one Slache longer and one Alex wider than their current room.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They've already closed most of the schools in our area.  I go by the school district where my science center is located so I've already closed for tomorrow too.  I live in a deadend neighborhood on a deadend street so it's really hard for me to know what's going on with the streets, so I'd rather just go by the official decisions.  I have students coming from pretty far away too and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 4

Current Headache Level: 3

So far today I have thrown at this thing:

Tylenol, Advil (not at the same time), dark chocolate, Coca-Cola, 3 showers, 2 icepaks, 6 hours in a dark room, and a dash of Essential Oils that a friend gave me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Headache is almost completely gone!

Thanks for all the well wishes and virtual hugs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Tuesday!  I slept in a bit, but coffee is brewing.  

Junie, those are some serious headache skillz!  Glad you kicked it!

(((Slache)))

• Like 6

Good morning!

Yay for trash disposal!

I can now sleep through the night without any knee pain!  🎉

I had a tornado dream last night.  We all made it into the closet of the bedroom in my parents' house, but I was annoyed because someone came and removed all the appliances and half the cabinets in my kitchen and were replacing the remaining cabinets with random, mismatched doors. 

It's raining.  It's going to be sunny tomorrow, but then rain for the next 10 days.  No snow.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

We had a productive homeschool day yesterday (it happened before the headache);  today we need to do some housekeeping.

• Like 5

Good morning!  The sun is shining today and I'm so happy!  DH's friend's celebration of life was last night, it was so hard but, it was beautiful to see the people who loved him and hear the stories.  We will probably have another short day today because I'm still tired.

• Like 5

Happy tummy.

My dad's car is finally working. He's starting the job search today.

8 days.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

Happy tummy.

My dad's car is finally working. He's starting the job search today.

8 days.

So glad your tummy is better!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

The girls are going to my aunt’s house this morning to make Valentines.💕💕 They are going to have to do schoolwork when they come home and I hate being such a hard-nose about it, but they had yesterday off, tomorrow they have Enrichment Academy and they are all just barely at the halfway point in their curriculum. And I don’t want to be doing school all the way till 4th of July!!

• Like 6

Happy Day-that-isn't-Wednesday-or-Friday!

The sun is out today here in Central Texas. It's kinda weird...o_0

• Like 5

Morning. Popcorn. 4 of 14 pages. Go me. I plan to be in the revision cave like a good writer all of this week and next. Hopefully the family will toss some food in from time to time so I don't starve.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

The girls are going to my aunt’s house this morning to make Valentines.💕💕 They are going to have to do schoolwork when they come home and I hate being such a hard-nose about it, but they had yesterday off, tomorrow they have Enrichment Academy and they are all just barely at the halfway point in their curriculum. And I don’t want to be doing school all the way till 4th of July!!

That is precisely what my oldest will be doing!  He'll have July off and back to work in August but, we'll only be working 3 days a week.

• Like 1