Menu

Ignore this thread!

I love Excel, too. It’s very user friendly and useful for a variety of things.

Speaking of technology.... I have turned into the stereo-typical Mom who goes back to work after the kids are older and is lightyears behind and feeling my age. I keep telling myself I am absolutely no dumber than everyone else and I can learn this, too, but.... I am just so frustrated. And it’s just Google Docs, which is good and pretty basic, and I even watched a tutorial, but.... everything uses the computer for everything (and with this job where it is a basically work from home job you have to), but I still prefer to write things down long-hand, which I do because the processes of my brain work that way.  So, yesterday, we talked about professional goals for this year and my goal is to learn the technology. My problem is that I am a major whole-to-parts learner and until I wrap my mind around frameworks and the Big Picture, I am just stumbling around in the dark.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

((Bookie)). I know what you mean. And my mom is nearby. You have a lot going on and a lot of responsibility. I think it’s the responsibility thing that weighs so much on us. Lots of people, even our husbands, sometimes especially our husbands, depend on us to make life work and we just want to go upstairs with the cat and play Barbies.

• Like 6

I do not like Excel. I use Google sheets instead of Excel and Google docs instead of Word. Personal preference.

I do like publisher because I make little booklets. No... I hate publisher, but it's the only way I know of to make my little booklets.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dh went to the store to buy saran wrap.  I think he saw I was on the verge.

DMV went quicker than expected despite the fact that we stood through the Long Line with the sign that said "renewals" and when we got to the front of the line, the lady said, oh, no - you need go to THAT kiosk back there.  The kiosk that had been empty the entire time.  

I have a rapidly developing UTI.  

Don't let me forget to go to the parent meeting tonight.  I have to leave in 3 hours and 15 minutes.

That's all the news from Lake Woebegone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

We went to a localish but not our county 4-H fair today.  A friend and I are starting a robotics club and our county doesn't have any at all but the county we went to has several so we went down to pick their brains.  It was good, I feel it was worth it.  It actually took less time to get to that fair than it does to get to our fair but our fair has better parking.  We had to park far far away and take a shuttle bus and that added a bunch of time to everything.  

Tomorrow I'm hosting a homeschool gathering, just a casual meet up for new people to ask questions of experienced people.   Only until noon so I should get lots and lots of stuff done tomorrow afternoon.  

Right now I'm trying to decide if I have the energy to take a shower.  

• Like 6

Inventory of Activity Packets:

Activity 1:  100% DONE

Activity 2:  100% DONE

Activity 3:  100% DONE.

Activity 4:  80% DONE - can't do more until my Amazon order comes

Activity 5:  100% DONE

Activity 6:  Back to the drawing board on this one. 

Activity 7:  EGG EXPERIMENT WORKED!  Plus I figured out a fix to a problem that I wasn't quite sure how to fix.  80% done.  Need just a couple of items from the store.  Some closer to the date.

Activity 8:  100% DONE

Activity 9:  Going to work on this tomorrow.  Reached my absolute limit for the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

I got quite a bit done this evening!  My foot is still hurting, but I am able to walk around a bit better.

made dinner -- baked salmon with sweet & hot sauce, leftover veggies, pasta-in-a-box, pineapple rings and raspberries

cooked hard-boiled eggs

cooked steak pieces to get a head start on tomorrow night's dinner

looked up Spanish vocabulary from last night's church service

cleaned out my purse

put some things in the basement

put some things in the kids' rooms -- Why do they leave their stuff in my bedroom?

watched an ASL Bible lesson on youtube

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I need to do what you are doing, Susan, regarding meals. This week has been awful. I’ve been so busy.... last night we did Chinese take-out and the two previous nights were just thrown together meals, which I hate doing.

Me too.  It makes me grumpy.  I need plans.  The KISSS plans - Keep It Supremely Simple for Susan plans.  Last night I took a loaf of French bread out of the freezer and told dh dinner was either that or take-out. He chose take out.  :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Heading over to my meet and greet soon.   Tried to wake up dd and she was really tired so I'm just letting her stay home.   I sent my friend a message to let her know my kids weren't coming since her oldest may then want to stay home too.  

Today is dh's birthday so after the meet up I have to run to the store for a cake, we're going to my mother's for dinner tonight and she never buys the right cake (she always gets carrot cake or vanilla cake, we are all about the chocolate).    We are leaving first thing tomorrow morning for his parent's house and staying until late Sunday for a party for his aunt's 80th birthday.   Then I have a full week of camp next week so I'm going to have to spend time working on finalizing the plans and hope I don't need to buy anything.  Or make sure Monday's plans at least don't need to buy anything.

I just realized that the suitcase that had clean clothes from the last time the kids went down is still not unpacked.  I don't even know what's in there.   I guess maybe it will be easy to pack for this weekend.  😆  I can't remember if it's from last weekend or the weekend before.   I hope it was just last weekend because if that suitcase has been sitting there for two weeks, that's pretty bad. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!

Another Busy day. DD1 needs her allergy shots and then it’s off to the main office in the Big City for a work party to learn how to make Master Agreements and to go over a graduation plan with the high school success coordinator. I like this job, I really do. I love this charter school, they are extremely organized and on top of things and my co-workers are a delight, but there is so much to learn. Svengo.

But it’s Friday and we are getting pizza tonight and continuing with our Summer Marvel Film Festival. I cannot remember which movie we need to see. I need to look at the list. I think it may be another Captain America movie.

• Like 6

Morning. I'm alive per ITT regs, but super tired today. Hoping that some tea and a little writing will pick me up. Even so, I bet I have to play epic music to get this bedroom cleaned this afternoon. Like the kind you play when you are fighting sword battles with dragons soaring overhead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dd8 and dd11 are singing the alphabet backward.

Impressive!

50 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

But it’s Friday and we are getting pizza tonight and continuing with our Summer Marvel Film Festival. I cannot remember which movie we need to see. I need to look at the list. I think it may be another Captain America movie.

Yay for pizza and movie night!  We are going to rent End Game from Amazon Prime tonight.  Dd21 is the only one who's seen it.  No pizza though.  Since I'm making soup today, it will be a soup and movie night!  :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm alive per ITT regs, but super tired today. Hoping that some tea and a little writing will pick me up. Even so, I bet I have to play epic music to get this bedroom cleaned this afternoon. Like the kind you play when you are fighting sword battles with dragons soaring overhead.

You can do it!  

• Like 5

Gymnast has chosen her extracurricular, and thankfully it's only 8 weeks long - soccer. So, she's doing something everyday except Tuesdays and Fridays. :svengo: Of course, it's my fault.

Sunday - Chinese school - we have to drive an hour to get there, and it's 2.5 hours in duration. Language class, then an extracurricula, she chose painting. I told her that on some of the Sundays, we'll do something like go to the zoo first, maybe lunch in the park (school is in the afternoon).

Monday - Youth Symphony Orchestra - she has a hard time practicing her violin, and I have a time trying to get her to do it, so level one is basically Pre-Twinkle (Suzuki-speak), and she'll get her practice in. This class is basically group lessons.

Tuesday - nothing (she had a choice of taking theater, but soccer won)

Wednesday - Youth Symphony Orchestra. 2 hours later, she has her regular group lessons with her violin school.

Thursday - regular violin lesson, soccer practice- I will not be coaching

Friday - nothing

Saturday - soccer game

Please tell us we won't die.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Renai said:

Gymnast has chosen her extracurricular, and thankfully it's only 8 weeks long - soccer. So, she's doing something everyday except Tuesdays and Fridays. :svengo: Of course, it's my fault.

Sunday - Chinese school - we have to drive an hour to get there, and it's 2.5 hours in duration. Language class, then an extracurricula, she chose painting. I told her that on some of the Sundays, we'll do something like go to the zoo first, maybe lunch in the park (school is in the afternoon).

Monday - Youth Symphony Orchestra - she has a hard time practicing her violin, and I have a time trying to get her to do it, so level one is basically Pre-Twinkle (Suzuki-speak), and she'll get her practice in. This class is basically group lessons.

Wednesday - Youth Symphony Orchestra. 2 hours later, she has her regular group lessons with her violin school.

Friday - nothing

Saturday - soccer game

I think that's against the rules. So you are safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I appreciate that we're on the same page here with regard to reminding one another of the rules.

JJM, that's a lovely list, but "no stabbing" has a lot of other options, which immediately spring to a certain sort of mind. (How about poking them with a soft almond flour tortilla, which is not technically stabbing because there's no piercing? How about covering them with stickers? How about leaving a laundry basket in the walkway and seeing who trips over it?) That's why teachers have rules like keeping hands, feet, and objects to ourselves.

I'm feeling especially Order Muppety today, can you tell? 📏

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Friday - nothing

Saturday - soccer game

I could post my family's schedule if it would make you feel more confident that crazy insane schedules are rarely fatal 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, maize said:

I could post my family's schedule if it would make you feel more confident that crazy insane schedules are rarely fatal 😄

This is the child that didn't want to do anything!

I forgot to mention, she'll be in school from 9:30-2, Monday through Wednesday. Oh! And did I tell you all that she is still considered a homeschool student? She's going less than half-time, but I still had to register her because she's using the facilities. It's weird. Makes me think they're double dipping. I'm going to clarify at the Open House next week. 

I found out it is a project-based program. That's good to know. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I just figured out why this special paper was so cheap.  It's not square!  Or rather rectangle. 

Points for quoting myself.  This paper is going to drive me batty!  Because it has a pattern I have to trim it to make it true or it looks really weird.  But each paper is slightly different in how far off it is.  Bring on the chocolate chips! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1