Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I heard a loud crash and went to check on the kids. Mary is asleep with her legs crossed and her hands daintily place next to her face, John is awkwardly laying cattywampus on his bed with his comforter wrapped around his legs and his giant Mickey under his feet, and Alex has crawled out of bed and is sleeping on the giant plastic block bin.

Ok.

7 hours ago, Junie said:

And none of this surprises me. 🙂

Yep, pretty much!!😂

• Like 4

Morning.  Was woken up too early today by the phone ringing.   

I have to run out to the AFSA to buy some stuff for our big bbq on Saturday.   Cakes, etc. will be picked up in the morning.  

The chance of rain is increasing the closer we get.  It's still just "slight chance" of showers.   Party is at the beach but we do have the clubhouse as well so could do it all inside if necessary.  But then comes the entertaining a bunch of people inside.

• Like 5

Good morning!

I'm only getting "unknown" texts. :huh: Trying to fix it.  Dd16 has her last driver's ed. class today, which ends smack dab in the middle of the Old Lady Party.  I walked on dh's new treadmill this morning for the first time.  I felt a little dizzy when I got off.  I'm going to cook up some ground beef/turkey to freeze for tacos.  But first

Coffee!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Slache said:

Reality bites. Poor kid.

13 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Yikes!  That's a bummer!  I hate state taxes the most! 

Opposite here. Our state is actually relatively fiscally responsible. And we deliberately pursue a policy of responsiveness to and consideration of taxpayers. (For example, contributions to 529s directly reduce state-calculated gross income [as do most all charitable deductions, IIRC.])

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

This is what I want to do.

You and I choose very differently.  I purposefully chose one that is very "out of shape" person friendly and that has a mostly flat terrain.  But I am nervous about walking the 5k "in public" even though I have been practicing walking that distance this year.  (Notice I'm still at the walking stage - not even running a 5k). 

Wait.  I thought that this was the Barkley Marathon.  Bailey.  Barkley.  Gotta work on my decoding skills . . .

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You and I choose very differently.  I purposefully chose one that is very "out of shape" person friendly and that has a mostly flat terrain.  But I am nervous about walking the 5k "in public" even though I have been practicing walking that distance this year.  (Notice I'm still at the walking stage - not even running a 5k). 

That's why I liked Be The Match Walk+Runs. They have all kinds, including cancer patients.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wait.  I thought that this was the Barkley Marathon.  Bailey.  Barkley.  Gotta work on my decoding skills . . .

LOL - I want to be in the band!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The treadmill this morning was not a good thing for the plantar fasciitis.  I guess I better stick with the glider.

The Old Lady Party was good - my friend Ruby is so proud that her grand-daughter is having a baby boy in December.  :wub:  

We are having leftover vegetarian shepherd's pie for dinner tonight because we have over half a pan left.  Plus lazy.

Imma get a bit more organizing done.

• Like 6

A good day was had at the river. The boys boated, and the fisher caught four fish, including a channel catfish, which was a new fish for him. I revised a chapter and part of another. Then drove home. Pulled into the carport, and got out.

Hissssssssss.

Flat tire. But if you have to have a fast flat, can't think of a better place to have one. Spare is on, and we'll get the tire repaired tomorrow while I'm at work.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

One hour and 15 minutes down...

still waiting. 

Booyah

WHY DID NOBODY SEND JEAN THE STEALTH COPTER?

*sigh*

Mom! Junie took all the quiet kids and left me the loudest one! And the loudest cat! And the frogs who sing Happy Frog Rain Song when it's bedtime. *pout* She can have the frogs back, but I'm not trading the other stuff.

Day 18 of landline not working (it does everything but ring, even with a different telephone) and AT&T is denying it's their fault even though we had the same problem a few years ago.

Well, I have new library books, and I'd rather read (if I can ignore the Frogsong) than answer the phone anyway, and DS has new library books so maybe tomorrow he will take a short break from telling me the ins and outs of his favorite video game.

But really, why do we even have a Stealth Copter?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

WHY DID NOBODY SEND JEAN THE STEALTH COPTER?

*sigh*

Mom! Junie took all the quiet kids and left me the loudest one! And the loudest cat! And the frogs who sing Happy Frog Rain Song when it's bedtime. *pout* She can have the frogs back, but I'm not trading the other stuff.

Day 18 of landline not working (it does everything but ring, even with a different telephone) and AT&T is denying it's their fault even though we had the same problem a few years ago.

Well, I have new library books, and I'd rather read (if I can ignore the Frogsong) than answer the phone anyway, and DS has new library books so maybe tomorrow he will take a short break from telling me the ins and outs of his favorite video game.

But really, why do we even have a Stealth Copter?

Whitehawk, do you feel like you have to think of everything?  😂  Keep that up and someone will nominate you to be "Mom" of this crazy group!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slache said:

That's why I liked Be The Match Walk+Runs. They have all kinds, including cancer patients.

I thought you wanted to play in the band and heckle the runners!

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'll play fiddle and dh can get out his washtub bass.  Anyone have a saw or a washboard?

No, but I'll do the hambone.

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I've reached 25000 (of 80000) in one project, and 5000 (of 40000) in the other. It's not enough, but I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Have you ever done that thing where you're dozing off when you're reading aloud, and you start to say just crazy stuff because your brain is simultaneously telling the story and dreaming? It does the same thing when you doze off while typing, lol.

Good night, lovelies! See you tomorrow.

How do you work on two different projects at the same time?!?!

Yes. I still remember the time I was reading to my oldest, who was about 3. She kept making me read one book after another. After about two hours, I dozed off, said some gibberish, and woke with a start and her staring at me as though I was crazy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am totally showing this to ds14 tomorrow - he'll love it!

I think a tamborine would give our band just the right amount of crazy.  :biggrin:

Tambourine is totally my instrument! I can imitate just about any beat a drum player can - or at least that hambone player...😃

• Like 2

I’m back. Family Reunion is this weekend. Tonight was the beginning. My family is wonderful and very nice,  but it is just very difficult for me to sit around and visit with people. I think I did all right tonight, but I am beat. Tomorrow is an all day affair and so is Sunday.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

11:30 and Captain is wide awake! Why?!?!?

So Son 2 got an email yesterday saying he DOES have on-campus housing but has to decide to go or not by tomorrow. The 'lease' starts 16 August and classes start the 21st! He and I are a little ticked they gave him housing the week after he called to say he wasn't coming cause he had no housing! Thankfully, they never sent him the form he had to fill out to officially give up his spot and scholarships so he can still go. I admit to crying a bit that he is leaving home. I don't know how the rest of you have sent yours off. I have a LOT of worries. Not that he won't do well-- he will ace anything put in front of him. Just the rest of it. Being away from home, making friends, getting to Church (He won't have a car.), nice, moral roommates, eating, what if he gets sick?, just that kind of stuff. I know he can handle himself. He has always had a very strong sense of who he is and wants to be. No one influences him. He is immune to peer pressure. He is very practical. I guess I was used to the idea that he was sticking around for a bit longer. I'm going to be a wreck dropping him off. I told Scotsman he has to come cause I will be bawling. Son 2 knows this and told me not to cause then he will, too. Captain is not going to understand why "Dasher" (what he calls Son 2 cause he can't say his name.) is not coming home with him. They share a room. The Girl was crying when we told her. The other 2 boys are debating who gets his room! Trouble is, we don't have anyone to stay with the other kids and Scotsman does NOT want to make this a family trip! Ladies, I just can't do it! That's it! He has to stay home forever.

Speak comfort to me, Friends!

It will be ok. Bittersweet and hard especially at first. But as you see him spread his wings you will see how it benefits him. ((Hugs))

• Like 5

Good morning!

I slept late.  Dh has already left with dd21 to go back to the clinic because they didn't give her half the paperwork she was supposed to get.

Paradox, it will feel strange and a little sad, but as Jean said, you will find it very satisfying as ds makes his way.

Somebody is blending something in the kitchen.

I have been ordered to rest my feet today which may or may not happen.  I have a bit of sit-down work I can do.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I survived yesterday! Karate, musical auditions, dance practice, dance and fiddle performance...

I, of course, wasn't doing any of those things--just playing chauffeur/logistics coordinator.

Today's schedule is much simpler, mostly involving lots of cleaning and laundry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!! DH and I went on a 5 mile bike ride this morning early. I decided last week at camp that I need to get some exercise. Yoga is good, but I need more. DH loves to ride bike and 6:30 on a Saturday morning will fit in to our schedule. And even on hot days, it’s still fairly comfortable then. So, there you go.  We are purposing to go on a bike ride every Saturday morning at 6:30.

Family Reunion Day 2 is today at this lake. It should be a good day. My family are all good people, they really are. And if I can sit in a group and just nod and smile and make a few comments here and there, I will be fine. It’s just when I get cornered and have to talk to someone I sort of know all by myself, I start to panic.

• Like 3