Menu

What's with the ads?

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

I added "complete 20 science experiments" to my goal list when I made it a few weeks ago.  Maybe you could help me out with some experiments that have a good educational benefit to prep and mess ratio?

Do you have any good websites or curriculum that you would recommend?

This is actually something that I know that I should do a better job of.  I have never enjoyed science, though, and it has been hard for me to make the effort.

Sure, I could look for some ideas.  I'll see what I can come up with in the next few days.

I don't really use any one curriculum, I kind of pull pieces from here, there and everywhere.  

So.

My dad. You know, the guy without a job or a working car, who is supposed to be evicted next week? The one who hasn't had a job since early December? Yeah, that one. Well, he has decided (drumroll please) that he us going to stop smoking pot so he can apply for a job in 3 weeks.

So there's that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like science. I do a lot of science at our summer camp. The kids get so excited about the simplest experiments. They don’t do a lot of hands on science at school from what they tell me. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Sure, I could look for some ideas.  I'll see what I can come up with in the next few days.

I don't really use any one curriculum, I kind of pull pieces from here, there and everywhere.  

Oh, I didn't mean for you to do extra work.  I just was wondering if you knew of any good resources.

Posting now because I may not get here tomorrow, it's my No Social Medai day.  

Good Tuesday morning!  We have regular lessons and taking the recycling, after that I plan to relax and wait for it.....read.  Planning to do a facial mask for my self care.  Don't do anything fun without me!!

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mama25angels said:

Posting noe because I may not get here tomorrow, it's my No Social Medai day.  

Good Tuesday morning!  We have regular lessons and taking the recycling, after that I plan to relax and wait for it.....read.  Planning to do a facial mask for my self care.  Don't do anything fun without me!!

But I plan on coming into a lot of money! Can I still do that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

But I plan on coming into a lot of money! Can I still do that?

Not without me!!  Unless of course, you're willing to share!

Edited by mama25angels

45 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We dinnered. I made chicken in a pot. But I didn’t have fresh onion and had to use dried, not nearly as good. The kids spent the whole time quoting “A Series of Unfortunate Events.” I think i’m Going to die, they were hilarious.

True story.... last week my daughters and I gave a ride to a little girl from church to a church activity. The little girl was clearly repeating the opinions of a (belligerent) adult in her life. We listened patiently for a few minutes and when the conversation turned political, dd yelled out “Cakesniffer!” in response to the political figure being commented on.

I about died.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mama25angels said:

Not without me!!  Unless of course, you're willing to share!

Of course!

• Like 1

I am all peoples out. I finally figured out how to successfully have a mommy play date. My daughters and sons all invited friends over at the same time I invited a friend over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where's Toto has inspired me.

I just pulled a huge (neglected) science project workbook off the shelf.

And in unrelated news, I think there is melted chocolate on the "h" key on my keyboard.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

So.

My dad. You know, the guy without a job or a working car, who is supposed to be evicted next week? The one who hasn't had a job since early December? Yeah, that one. Well, he has decided (drumroll please) that he us going to stop smoking pot so he can apply for a job in 3 weeks.

So there's that.

Yay?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Junie said:

Where's Toto has inspired me.

I just pulled a huge (neglected) science project workbook off the shelf.

And in unrelated new, I think there is melted chocolate on the "h" key on my keyboard.

Good job!  Now tell me the name of it so I can buy it and hopefully use it with my Ds.  And speaking of science, I need to get my big boy to using that expensive kit I bought him this summer for this school year.

Edited by mama25angels
Oh the mistakes I made!

Oh guys guess what?  I finally inboxed the mini printer that I bought myself for Christmas!  It's charging now!  Ok for real, I'm going to bed, for some reason 6:30 comes early, even though that's not the time I'm wanting to wake up.

14 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good job!  Now tell me the name of it so I can buy it and hopefully use it with my Ds.  And speaking of science, I need to get my big boy to using that expensive kit I bought him this summer for this school year.

It's a Janice Van Cleave workbook from a long, long time ago.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Junie said:

It's a Janice Van Cleave workbook from a long, long time ago.

I might actually have it, guess I'll look in the morning.

• Like 1

OK, so I had actually bookmarked a bunch of experiments to do "later".

I guess 2019 is later.

I have about 38 experiments to work with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Junie said:

OK, so I had actually bookmarked a bunch of experiments to do "later".

I guess 2019 is later.

I have about 38 experiments to work with.

Don’t feel too bad, Junie. I stuck at science. And I used to be a science teacher back in the day. I was a really good science teacher. We did experiments all the time. We shot off water powered bottle rockets out on the playing field and calculated height and distance. We made boats powered by baking soda and vinegar and raced them and applied it to Newton’s Three Laws of Motion. I ran a rocket club after school. I was a awesome science teacher. And I totally suck at homeschool science. We have done basically no science this year. I did order Apologia, so we’re going back to that because it gets done.

#isaidsuck

• Like 2