Menu

Ignore this thread!

In all my years living in PA near Hershey, I only went one night during Christmas? Halloween?  Can’t remember.  I think maybe it was Christmas Candylane, but I’m not sure.  

With a kid allergic to nuts, it just was t a thing for us.  Now I’m sad I didn’t go more when there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I hate Jolly Ranchers. They get stuck in  my back teeth.

I hate them because I don't like them.  I try to only buy candy I don't like.

Thanks, Susan. Now I want something sweet. I started off today with great expectations to watch what I eat and stay away from sugar! Now, I want candy.   Maybe I will make a cup of COFFEE!!!!

Candy is gross, right?  (Chocolate is not candy, it's a major food group.)

Why no turkey casserole? I had my heart set on that! Do you make it with pasta and parmesan like turkey tetrazzini? I love turkey tetrazzini.

Sorry.  Mine has no pasta, just broccoli and turkey in a white sauce with a bit of cheese and curry. 

• Like 2

We’re at the Kid’s Jam. Ds14 didn’t want to come but we out-voted him. I wish I’d brought my violin - there are other grown-ups playing.  There is something about playing this old time music that is good for the soul. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was taking a bunch of broken down boxes to the recycle bin, opened the door to the house and a ball came bouncing out the door.  And a puppy came bouncing out after it.  She beelined it for her bff's house and she was quite stubborn about coming home again. 

It was the ball’s fault - leading that poor innocent puppy astray!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is she running a fever?  (((Gymnast)))

Slightly, but nothing life-threatening. It's just that she takes illness like a man. She was on the verge of death this morning, and everything makes her cry. But, she's 8. So, it's expected.

• Like 6

A long day of revediting--my husband's new word for my odd combined process of editing and revising at the same time. I did 5,100 words, completed a chapter, and am resting on the couch and playing with my other WIP because I've still got some words in me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning! We head over to Hershey Park today,.  Supposed to have afternoon thunderstorms, so that should be fun.   Unfortunately we can't switch to another day because the rest of the week is supposed to be even worse.  Hopefully it will just be the very late afternoon storms that come with the excessive heat and humidity.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Good Morning! We head over to Hershey Park today,.  Supposed to have afternoon thunderstorms, so that should be fun.   Unfortunately we can't switch to another day because the rest of the week is supposed to be even worse.  Hopefully it will just be the very late afternoon storms that come with the excessive heat and humidity.

I hope you have a great day at Hershey!!  I have some very nice childhood memories that were made there.  :)

• Like 4

Favorite Rides at Hershey:

The Comet -- If the line was short, my sister and I would ride this over and over and over.  I think our record was 11 times in a row!

The Coal Cracker -- I don't think I ever went to Hershey without riding this at least once.

The Music Express -- I think this is a slightly different ride than it used to be.  It used to be called the Himalaya.

The Pirate -- Sit in the middle of the ship if you don't like heights.  Sit on the very end row if you don't like your stomach. 😉

The sooperdooperLooper -- I think this was one of the very first coasters to take you upside down.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

Favorite Rides at Hershey:

The Comet -- If the line was short, my sister and I would ride this over and over and over.  I think our record was 11 times in a row!

The Coal Cracker -- I don't think I ever went to Hershey without riding this at least once.

The Music Express -- I think this is a slightly different ride than it used to be.  It used to be called the Himalaya.

The Pirate -- Sit in the middle of the ship if you don't like heights.  Sit on the very end row if you don't like your stomach. 😉

The sooperdooperLooper -- I think this was one of the very first coasters to take you upside down.

Yeah, nobody in my family does big roller coasters.  Dd likes smaller roller coasters but none of us do the biggies.   I figure that will make it easier to do the things we do like since the longest lines tend to be for the big coasters.   I expect we'll hit a few rides, then the water park, then back to rides.  

• Like 3

Morning. Lots of writing to do today. Work tomorrow, and I have two chapters to work on this afternoon, cooking to do, and possibly a cheesecake to bake for Thursday. I have writers' meeting tonight, and we are supposed to buy fireworks after I get back from that. Busy day.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

sigh!!! I am in the summer doldrums. And I am a little blue because I have hardly any kids on my roster for work. Of course, that will change, I was assured, but.... still.  I was kind of hoping people would be clamoring to get on my roster. Beating each other up. Forming a waiting list. That kind of thing. 

Everyone on FB is showing their summer travel photos. Three different people I know are in Europe this summer. Eating in quaint little cafes in Venice, exploring the Tuscan countryside. It’s kind of funny, one friend started in England, one in The Netherlands, I can’t remember where the other started, but they are all now posting pictures of Italy. And someone else is in New York City with his family.

All right, I need to stop being a baby!! I’ll check back in when I’m done feeling sorry for myself.😂

• Like 4

Krissi, just wait until word gets out in a semester or two - they'll be beating down the door like crazy.

And who is nuts enough to go to Europe at this time of year?  EVERYONE is on vacation and it's crowded and hot and you miss all the quaint small-town festivals.  The Viehschied/Almabtriebe don't even start until September.  And NYC in July?  Don't even get me started.  It's a madhouse.  A madhouse, I tell ya!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

sigh!!! I am in the summer doldrums. And I am a little blue because I have hardly any kids on my roster for work. Of course, that will change, I was assured, but.... still.  I was kind of hoping people would be clamoring to get on my roster. Beating each other up. Forming a waiting list. That kind of thing. 

Everyone on FB is showing their summer travel photos. Three different people I know are in Europe this summer. Eating in quaint little cafes in Venice, exploring the Tuscan countryside. It’s kind of funny, one friend started in England, one in The Netherlands, I can’t remember where the other started, but they are all now posting pictures of Italy. And someone else is in New York City with his family.

All right, I need to stop being a baby!! I’ll check back in when I’m done feeling sorry for myself.😂

Why would we do that when we can just ask you here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

All right, pity party is over!!😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for the encouragement, girlies. I love you all!!

Seriously, Krissi, just give it a little bit. Once parents realize that you've actually homeschooled, I suspect that you will be immensely popular. We started our homeschooling through a California charter. The teachers, for the most part, were either public school teachers looking for less work or private school teachers looking for a pension. (We went with the latter. 🙂 )

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We went on a Wild + Free field trip to a local nature center to learn about ponds. Squishy did not fall in the pond, Reader saw some friends she hasn't seen in awhile, Runner made a new friend, and SuperDude conquered the climbing thingy at the park where we had lunch. All in all, a successful venture.

My tomato plants have flowers! (I don't have a picture of that yet, though.)

20190702_111259.jpg

20190702_111326.jpg

That is one big pond!  How do you differentiate between a pond and a lake?  (Seriously asking.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That is one big pond!  How do you differentiate between a pond and a lake?  (Seriously asking.)

😂😂😂 See, Jeannie, I was thinking the exact same thing. “You call that a pond?? I call that a lake!!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

I think I missed what kind of classes you are teaching, but in my experience homeschoolers wait until the last possible minute to actually register for anything.  My first year doing classes 90% of my registrations came the first week of classes.  This coming fall is my second year, lots of people know about my classes now and I have about 25% registration so far.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My understanding is that the difference is movement and how they are fed.  Lakes are fed by rivers and constantly refreshed, so the water often has a flow to it.  Ponds are fed by smaller streams that may dry up at certain times of year, and the water tends to be still.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We went on the new Reeces Cupfusion ride, which had an hour and a half wait this morning.  Then the lazy river, one of the water areas, dd and dh went on the Trailblazer roller coaster, we saw the seal/sea lion show.  At that point, ds was very done with being at the park so we left.  We're having dinner at the hotel then dd and I are going to head back and do more rides - the Kissing Tower, the Coal Cracker.  She wants to do one of the dropping towers but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that, so we'll see.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I think I missed what kind of classes you are teaching, but in my experience homeschoolers wait until the last possible minute to actually register for anything.  My first year doing classes 90% of my registrations came the first week of classes.  This coming fall is my second year, lots of people know about my classes now and I have about 25% registration so far.

My understanding is that the difference is movement and how they are fed.  Lakes are fed by rivers and constantly refreshed, so the water often has a flow to it.  Ponds are fed by smaller streams that may dry up at certain times of year, and the water tends to be still.

I am actually a homeschool teacher for a local charter school. I just started. Everyone says our rosters tend to fill up, even on into October, so I’m not really panicking. Well, I’m not going to panic at all. Our rosters just came out yesterday. 

So, I thought the difference between pond and lake was size. There you go. Learn something new every day.

• Like 3

Dh's brother passed away last night.

The funeral will most likely be this Saturday.

I'm worried about dh, he has been in something of a depression flare up recently and I don't know how this will impact him. Prayers are always appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

52 minutes ago, maize said:

I'm worried about dh, he has been in something of a depression flare up recently and I don't know how this will impact him. Prayers are always appreciated.

I'm sorry.  Praying...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maize said:

((Mazie and family)) I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1