Menu

What's with the ads?

You know you are old when being in bed at 9:30 on a Friday night is a good thing.  😂😂

And this Old Lady Booya/h is brought to you by the letter B and the number 9.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know you are old when being in bed at 9:30 on a Friday night is a good thing.  😂😂

And this Old Lady Booya/h is brought to you by the letter B and the number 9.

Wouldn’t that be number 9 1/2?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Saturday!  We have snow!  Basketball game in Cincy was cancelled, but chess tourney in Lexington isn't.  So everyone's off to chess except youngest.  She has swim in a couple hours.  COFFEE!!!!  Maybe a fire this afternoon!  

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's off to work I go!  But first, !!  Not sure how long I will stay.   I also need to do some work from home.  And a lady in the neighborhood is having a thing today that I want to try to go to.  

I'm thinking about grilled steaks, fish, and shrimp for supper.

• Like 5

Good morning!

I slept in after hardly sleeping last night. I need to start working out again to restore my sleep cycle.

I'm so excited to spend my day with a bunch of cold blooded killers!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

I woke up at 5:00 this morning, as I have been typically doing, but fortunately I fell back asleep. Big day working at the other house, getting the garage stuff and patio stuff moved. I will be so glad when that house is done and sold. 

Annnd I think we’ll be heading over to Angi’s for dinner tonight.

And yay for snow. I wish it snowed here.❄️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

It is supposed to snow later today.  I think I'm gonna go visit ikslo.

I think we should all visit Ikslo. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so... when we moved we filled up the garbage can three times, we have a couple loads we need to take to the dump, and I filled up my Sienna three times with stuff to take to the thrift shop. And we still have too much carp here. My pretty new clean house is getting cluttered. It’s depressing. I have more stuff to take to the thrift store piled up in the garage, but.... I guess I just have to keep going through stuff. I’m not a hoarder, but I do have trouble getting rid of things “I might need”.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so... when we moved we filled up the garbage can three times, we have a couple loads we need to take to the dump, and I filled up my Sienna three times with stuff to take to the thrift shop. And we still have too much carp here. My pretty new clean house is getting cluttered. It’s depressing. I have more stuff to take to the thrift store piled up in the garage, but.... I guess I just have to keep going through stuff. I’m not a hoarder, but I do have trouble getting rid of things “I might need”.

I can so relate! I was so glad to finally let that go. I think it's easier to do so in an 800sqft apartment though. I mean sheesh, we bought cheap, ugly storage for the hallway because not everything fit in the closets. That was painful. I also let go of everything I was keeping out of guilt. Now I'm getting rid of everything that would be cheaper to replace than move. Matt equates me to a meth head plucking her eyebrows.

• Like 4

I overslept this morning. And I could have slept much longer. But I couldn’t turn over and go back to sleep because animals had to be taken care of. I have done enough and am back in bed catching up on the board. 

• Like 4

Dd12 is at a new troop launch party/leadership training thing for the new Scout troop - 17 girls showed up and there are a few more who couldn't make it today.  Dd12 is on cloud 9 with excitement!  :biggrin:

Imma tell the kids to make themselves a sandwich for lunch while I take a nap.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Susan's a hobbit!

We call dd10 our little hobbit.  She eats second breakfast almost every day.  She will eat a yogurt when she wakes up and then another yogurt just before we start school.  If she doesn't eat the second yogurt she is impossible to teach.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's off to work I go!  But first, !!  Not sure how long I will stay.   I also need to do some work from home.  And a lady in the neighborhood is having a thing today that I want to try to go to.  

I'm thinking about grilled steaks, fish, and shrimp for supper.

I am thinking about coming to your house for supper.

• Like 3

I am having a cold, sad sort of day. Missing my kitty. ☹ DH drove, so I am not distracting myself very well. But I have books, and we are on our way home, and I have editing to do when I get there.

• Like 3

I donated blood!  I wasn't going to, mostly because I don't typically donate to the Red Cross, since the hospitals here run their own banks and I donate there, either during drives or when someone I know is having surgery or something.  But I got tired of taking down Christmas decorations, so I went in and did it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I donated blood!  I wasn't going to, mostly because I don't typically donate to the Red Cross, since the hospitals here run their own banks and I donate there, either during drives or when someone I know is having surgery or something.  But I got tired of taking down Christmas decorations, so I went in and did it.  

A short nap?  With juice and cookies?  (Or could you have those?)  😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Another Lynn said:

A short nap?  With juice and cookies?  (Or could you have those?)  😊

I wanted the nap.  But they talked to me the whole time.  I ate nuts and cheese after!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

I wanted the nap.  But they talked to me the whole time.  I ate nuts and cheese after!

At least you got a snack and a short break!  😊

• Like 3

I am super dragging today still.  And my sugars are high - much higher than they should be with the exact same meals that I eat everyday with much lower numbers.  But now dh is sick. . .   I wonder if I am headed that way? 

But . . . limping along slowly. . .

got a Fitbit question figured out

Now I'm going to take the puppy out for a long walk because it is actually sunny out.  I hope this doesn't tip me over the edge into illness. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We met two extremely skittish leopard geckos, two totally chill beardies, and a chill ball python. Cages and supplies are half of what they are on Amazon which is great to know.

20190112_125727_HDR.jpg

20190112_123630_HDR.jpg

20190112_123733_HDR.jpg

20190112_121701.jpg

• Like 6

Football is starting. 

Dh took 3 of our kids plus two more from homeschool group to chess tourney and they won 1st place as a team. Fun!  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Football is starting. 

Dh took 3 of our kids plus two more from homeschool group to chess tourney and they won 1st place as a team. Fun!  

Way to go, Lynn's Team!! 🏆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:wub:

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We met two extremely skittish leopard geckos, two totally chill beardies, and a chill ball python. Cages and supplies are half of what they are on Amazon which is great to know.

20190112_125727_HDR.jpg

20190112_123630_HDR.jpg

20190112_123733_HDR.jpg

20190112_121701.jpg

How was Mooies around the snakes?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How was Mooies around the snakes?

She chose not to touch them but was otherwise fine. I'm sure in 6 months I'll be uploading a picture of her doing math with a snake around her neck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

20190112_125727_HDR.jpg

20190112_123630_HDR.jpg

20190112_123733_HDR.jpg

20190112_121701.jpg

So Pretty!!  😍

I've been thinking about getting a turtle for my science center.  And then out of the blue, dh said something to me about getting a turtle.   I was thinking box turtle (land), he was thinking painted turtle or red eared slider (water), so there are some things to work out.   It's illegal to buy turtles in NJ so we'll have to go into Pennsylvania to get one.  

He keeps trying to figure out ways to combine animals in one tank and now he's thinking tadpoles/frogs on one side and small water turtle on the other.  I feel like that would make cleaning the tank harder, and separate tanks would be easier.

• Like 4

I've been working on science center stuff all day.   I'm planning a science fair in February, I do workshops twice a month (was doing weekly but I decided to cut back), kids night out once a month, finalizing summer camps (people find camps in February around here).  Lots to print so of course we are out of ink.  I have it coming from Amazon by tomorrow night.  

I'm probably totally overwhelming my Facebook followers.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

So Pretty!!  😍

I've been thinking about getting a turtle for my science center.  And then out of the blue, dh said something to me about getting a turtle.   I was thinking box turtle (land), he was thinking painted turtle or red eared slider (water), so there are some things to work out.   It's illegal to buy turtles in NJ so we'll have to go into Pennsylvania to get one.  

He keeps trying to figure out ways to combine animals in one tank and now he's thinking tadpoles/frogs on one side and small water turtle on the other.  I feel like that would make cleaning the tank harder, and separate tanks would be easier.

I was anti turtle due to the time commitment (50 years) but someone told me today that you can leave them for weeks and they just go into hibernation. If that's true my perspective has totally changed.

16 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

And I decided to look for Reptile expos near me.  There are a couple in NY, a couple in PA, and for some reason Google thought Texas was "near me".  

Go to the one in McQueeny in March and tell me what to buy.

• Like 4

Today was my 5k test walk.  Juliet and I drove to a very flat trail a ways from here.  I figured out how to set my Fitbit up to sync with gps and to measure the distance of a walk.  (Not available on all Fitbits).  We walked 2.5k one way, turned around and then walked back.  For some weird reason it said that I wasn't at 5k yet once I got back to the car, so I walked back and forth in the parking lot like a dork until it hit 5k.  I was hurting by the end but managed to do it.  It took me one hour 15 minutes to do.  According to Google, a "normal pace" is to do it in 45 to 60 minutes but I don't think that 75 minutes is too bad. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I am exhausted. We worked at the old house today. I pruned the roses, and raked leaves and raked leaves and raked leaves. DS mowed the lawn, DH cleaned out the garage.  The place looks pretty decent now.  It looked horrible before, but as I told DH, our life has been falling apart for the past 2 months.  It's amazing how mowing the lawn and raking leaves can spruce up a place.

And then, I was going to use a gift card for a pizza place for dinner because I am too tired to make dinner, but I called to order out and they are closed for a week. That is not right. I ended up ordering pizza from Papa Murphy's instead.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I'm tired of Mary loudly pretending to be afraid of our paper tarantula after drooling over live ones today.

John's drawing snakes.

• Like 4