Menu

Ignore this thread!

12 hours ago, Junie said:

ITT is Ignore This Thread.

The Archives are a compilation of poetry, songs, and other genius items that are posted here.

Ah, thank you! On reflection, ITT seems rather obvious.

12 hours ago, Junie said:

We also have Ninja Elephants that can be deployed to take care of sticky situations.

We have a stealth copter.

Also, we have a rule that we are not allowed to die.

Welcome!

Ninja elephants sound decidedly useful!

I feel that I read this thread some thousand pages ago and might even have posted a time or two. Unfortunately, my search skills are insufficient to learn if that is true or simply a Tuesday morning hallucination.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 6

I had a nice--very slow--run. Dd15 and dd11 joined me for part of it (part because their pace is faster than mine; they left after me but caught up and hung out with me for awhile--mostly walking while I "ran"; I told them if only one foot is on the ground at a time it is officially running no matter how slow 😄

Then I came home and tried and failed to figure out how to install the reverse osmosis filter I ordered awhile ago. Ds2 was demanding a walk so I took him for a walk and then it was time to take ds13 and dd11 to the dentist for fillings so I did that.

Now I am ITT'ing.

also debating whether I should go watch youtube videos about installing a RO filter or look up plumbers instead.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

A JAWM vent - I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray).  Oh, and just because I want beige or green doesn't mean I want a camouflage, hunters, or woodsmen theme, but nor do I want floral or feminine in any way.  I didn't think these were overly picky or difficult preferences, but evidently I may as well be looking for a unicorn.  Mostly I have found exactly the opposite - microfiber bed-in-a-bag, mostly grey.  

Oh, well.  I'm sure we'll find something we can live with, but it's mildly annoying.    

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nautica-Prescott-3-Piece-Green-Cotton-King-Comforter-Set-USHSA51039198/308147715

Yes, I know it is a set.  But could you just set aside the pieces you don't want? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray). 

Here's one with a 100% cotton cover. Several shades of green are available as are multiple other colors:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Company-Store-LaCrosse-LoftAIRE-Light-Warmth-Forest-Green-Twin-Comforter-C3J5-T-FOR-GRN/306238994?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|HDH|59-13_TEXTILES|NA|NA|PLA|71700000041628185|58700004447781628|92700037822596272&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn9mZksrz4gIVjMBkCh2ymQimEAQYAiABEgI18vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Solar guys are here. They’re supposed to finish today. As soon as we’re hooked up i’m Bumping the AC down to 55 degrees and putting on a coat.

And they left. They had the wrong equipment and their boss had the stomach flu. Hmph. They say they will be back tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I have scheduled the gas company guys for their meter upgrade.  The last time the meter guy came, he went straight into our backyard without telling anyone, scared Juliet, who was barking her head off, and left the gate wide open in case he "had to flee for his life" (his words).  This way I know when they are coming and can make sure that Juliet is there to greet him is put away safely. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd is actually going to get done with school this year at the same time as the public school for the first time in memory!  We will actually have a summer off and can start next year with brand new subjects instead of looping around the subjects that we never got finished!  Woo hoo! 

It's funny, our schools have only been out a couple of weeks but when I read this I thought "what, school isn't out yet?!"

Ours start back in August though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nautica-Prescott-3-Piece-Green-Cotton-King-Comforter-Set-USHSA51039198/308147715

Yes, I know it is a set.  But could you just set aside the pieces you don't want? 

1 hour ago, Kareni said:

Wow!  Thanks!  You both found one at Home Depot. I would never have thought of trying there. We ended up finding one at Meijer - beige on one side and black on the other. Ds was satisfied and it was pretty cheap. We had to have it for this weekend. Thanks again though!

• Like 5

Our schools finish up this week and go back after Labor Day.

I tried to take a nap.  I don't think I slept much but I laid down and rested.  I think I want to go back and try again.  I tried to eat some soup and I just can't eat.  Other symptoms are much better - not that stuffy, coughing a little bit (but a deep cruddy cough when I do), but seriously achy and tired.    This needs to go away now.  

• Like 4

I am back from all the places.  Dd12 had a pretty miserable playdate with an old friend who only wanted to play on her video game thing and watch youtube videos while I was gone, but friend has been driven home and now we can get some things done.  Dinner is made (ham & mushroom strata) and just has to be put in the oven.  The kids are watching a nature show on Costa Rica and then I will help them pack.

More coffee!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

How about $100 plus a year of free groceries with delivery?  Wait - whose wedding are we talking about?

His sister's in August. He became an ordained minister (free) but the state and county require specific paperwork which is very not free. Then he needs to pay the filing fee with the state and county.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

His sister's in August. He became an ordained minister (free) but the state and county require specific paperwork which is very not free. Then he needs to pay the filing fee with the state and county.

Oh good grief!  Can they not find a minister to do it?  Or are they just set on having a family member do it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh good grief!  Can they not find a minister to do it?  Or are they just set on having a family member do it?

1. They don't go to a church and ministers for higher are more expensive than this.

2. MIL wants him to.

They did go to a church. They left the church that we used to go to and she started going to right before we moved. Then they joined another church and that's the one that the pastor tried to sell. They decided to stop going to church after that.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I would consider this to be your wedding gift to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kareni said:

Ah, thank you! On reflection, ITT seems rather obvious.

Ninja elephants sound decidedly useful!

I feel that I read this thread some thousand pages ago and might even have posted a time or two. Unfortunately, my search skills are insufficient to learn if that is true or simply a Tuesday morning hallucination.

Regards,

Kareni

Back when we were allowed to post pics in threads, I had a great photo of the Head Ninja Elephant (me).

I don't see that you've posted before, but you have been mentioned once (don't worry, it was good)...

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am back from all the places.  Dd12 had a pretty miserable playdate with an old friend who only wanted to play on her video game thing and watch youtube videos while I was gone, but friend has been driven home and now we can get some things done.  Dinner is made (ham & mushroom strata) and just has to be put in the oven.  The kids are watching a nature show on Costa Rica and then I will help them pack.

More coffee!

They're going to Costa Rica???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

1. They don't go to a church and ministers for higher are more expensive than this.

2. MIL wants him to.

I was going to say, then she can pay for the expenses of him doing it (all the fees and stuff), but I guess Junie's answer is better. 😄 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junie said:

I would consider this to be your wedding gift to them.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Junie is smart!

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

We didn't do homeschool this morning, so I have brain power left over.

It was actually my first thought but MIL already clarified that this would not be ok. Now that I have an actual amount that's what we're doing and Matt can tell her (I had no idea it would be $180). He is my drama wall.

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

I was going to say, then she can pay for the expenses of him doing it (all the fees and stuff), but I guess Junie's answer is better. 😄 

Historically, this is a bad idea. I'm just making Matt fix it. I am MIL'd out after this past week. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

They're going to Costa Rica???

Yes.  With their children's choir.  And now that they are less than 48 hours from taking off on an airplane for the first time, I am wondering why I thought this would be a good idea.  Or why I thought I should let them go without me.  (They will be well cared-for, but...)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

Oh, I would absolutely ask MIL to pay for it, since it's her idea.  But I also have a fairly good idea of how that's going to go down.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

A JAWM vent - I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray).  Oh, and just because I want beige or green doesn't mean I want a camouflage, hunters, or woodsmen theme, but nor do I want floral or feminine in any way.  I didn't think these were overly picky or difficult preferences, but evidently I may as well be looking for a unicorn.  Mostly I have found exactly the opposite - microfiber bed-in-a-bag, mostly grey.  

Oh, well.  I'm sure we'll find something we can live with, but it's mildly annoying.    

LLBean has that I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1