Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Got me!! The town I live in is poor and the schools are horrible. Probably the kids aren’t learning much. Of course putting in the same schools that are failing them won’t do much good, but.... whatever. I think it’s a societal problem.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

It finally happened- someone told me I needed to put Captain into “preschool” so he could learn “social academics” like HOW TO STAND IN LINE, handle “structure” of going from one activity to another on demand, wait his turn, and deal with other kids. I did manage to not laugh at her as I like his ECI speech person. At the same time, I am really annoyed. 

Seriously? 

As a prek teacher, I often get asked if a parent should put their child in preschool, or when. I usually just say no. I also like to tell people that I simultaneously worked in public prek while homeschooling my children. 😄 

According to research, forced standing in line is not developmentally appropriate for preschoolers. Unless they are a duck.

I'm pretty sure your inward laughter came from the fact that since your tot lives in a family, your assurance that everything else is covered brings joy. 

• Like 6

Dh got me Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

I survived the endoscopy/colonoscopy.  I only have a vague idea of what they told me afterward.  😉  Nothing too serious, I guess.  I *think* we are waiting for biopsy reports, but I'm not sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We stand in line all the time:  at the grocery store, at the library, at the Y, at the theater, at a potluck.. . .  

I don't go with my kids to any of those places. 😉  Well, we go to the library together but there has never been a line.

I guess they stand in line at potlucks, but *I* generally don't.  I tend to take my own food.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We stand in line all the time:  at the grocery store, at the library, at the Y, at the theater, at a potluck.. . .  

But, do you actually stand in single file lines like expected in school? Usually we are standing slightly to the side of a person while behind them. Also, when standing in lines in normal places with preschoolers, they are standing beside us, not directly in front or behind us. "They" are telling teachers to stop requiring perfect lines in preschoolers.

Single file lines are overrated.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I feel that with a few more additions and some creative editing you could write a book with some Seuss-ian overtones.

"I do not like stand-ing in line.

Not at the store, the library, or the Y.

I do not like it when they whine.

I do not like stand-ing in line.

Not at the theatre or a potluck.

Though at the latter, there might be wine.

I do not like stand-ing in line."

Regards,

Kareni 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Willy Nilly.  I consider myself moderately capable on the computer.  But I cannot figure out Excel even though I used to work on Excel all the time.  What did they do to this?  (Nothing is the same as how I used to do it.)

Oh no!  I love Excel (the one I know from who knows when.)  Don't tell me he's changed!  He was perfect just the way he was!  (Actually I use Open Office Spreadsheet which probably has a few differences, but not nearly as illogical as Apple Numbers.  🥴)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

But these lines are 4 people long. They were a disaster at Disney. Some teenage girls complained rather loudly that they didn't move up every chance they got, not that it would have made a difference in waiting time.

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

But, do you actually stand in single file lines like expected in school? Usually we are standing slightly to the side of a person while behind them. Also, when standing in lines in normal places with preschoolers, they are standing beside us, not directly in front or behind us. "They" are telling teachers to stop requiring perfect lines in preschoolers.

Single file lines are overrated.

See? Renai knows.

10 minutes ago, Kareni said:

I feel that with a few more additions and some creative editing you could write a book with some Seuss-ian overtones.

Regards,

Kareni 

Kareni! Hi!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Regards,

Kareni 

🎉🎉🎉  Wooo-hoo Kareni!  Well done!  Worthy of a place in the ITT Archives! 

• Like 4

After we had the snake a few weeks John started trying to teach her to come when she's called. I was like "Snakes don't do that" and he was like "Why not?" and I was like "Because they're not dogs". Well, fast forward a few weeks and guess what the stupid snake does? I don't even know how to train an animal to come without treats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

🎉🎉  Wooo-hoo Kareni!  Well done!  Worthy of a place in the ITT Archives

Hello all!

And this is where I get to admit I have no idea what the ITT Archives are. Should I be proud? afraid? Will there be chocolate?

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I just proved you can choke on a Whataburger fried apple pie, and sneeze, and cough at the same time. Not that I recommend it.

Wait. What? Are we within driving distance? I'm in the medical district of San Antonio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Hello all!

And this is where I get to admit I have no idea what the ITT Archives are. Should I be proud? afraid? Will there be chocolate?

Regards,

Kareni

ITT is Ignore This Thread.

The Archives are a compilation of poetry, songs, and other genius items that are posted here.

There is always chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Hello all!

Regards,

Kareni

Welcome to ITT, Kareni. Over the years the archives have become a repository of all the amazingly witty poems, songs, sayings and what-have-you that ITT Members have come up with. It’ll come in handy when the book and movie deal comes out. Hope to see you around ITT more. You seem to fit right in. 

Just remember that if you post at the top of the page, you have to Booya/h and we have a strict no dying policy. Whitehawk is the keeper of the handbook, so if you have any other policy related questions, see her.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Welcome to ITT, Kareni. Over the years the archives have become a repository of all the amazingly witty poems, songs, sayings and what-have-you that ITT Members have come up with. It’ll come in handy when the book and movie deal comes out. Hope to see you around ITT more. You seem to fit right in. 

Just remember that if you post at the top of the page, you have to Booya/h and we have a strict no dying policy. Whitehawk is the keeper of the handbook, so if you have any other policy related questions, see her.

How could I forget about the Booyah tradition?  I blame it on the meds they used to knock me out earlier today. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm in North Houston so a wee bit far from you but doable.

Ok. He wants to go there eventually for several reasons and I want to go to the homeschool store. I'll let you know when if you're not in Scotland by then.

• Like 3

I am so tired. No idea what the deal was last night. Alex was up 3 times and John was twice. Both crying for various reasons. It's going to be a bad day.

Things MIL changed behind my back which SIL is handpicking for her own wedding: Flowers, cake, music, decorations. MIL changed much more than that, but those are wedding details I have which irritated me because she's getting the wedding I wanted but was denied, even though I paid for it.

So we moved to Texas.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

A JAWM vent - I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray).  Oh, and just because I want beige or green doesn't mean I want a camouflage, hunters, or woodsmen theme, but nor do I want floral or feminine in any way.  I didn't think these were overly picky or difficult preferences, but evidently I may as well be looking for a unicorn.  Mostly I have found exactly the opposite - microfiber bed-in-a-bag, mostly grey.  

Oh, well.  I'm sure we'll find something we can live with, but it's mildly annoying.    

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I am so tired. No idea what the deal was last night. Alex was up 3 times and John was twice. Both crying for various reasons. It's going to be a bad day.

Things MIL changed behind my back which SIL is handpicking for her own wedding: Flowers, cake, music, decorations. MIL changed much more than that, but those are wedding details I have which irritated me because she's getting the wedding I wanted but was denied, even though I paid for it.

So we moved to Texas.

Dd8 was up most of the night crying -- and she's still crying -- because she has a cold.  :svengo:

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

This good morning is brought to you by the cat. Who woke me up even though she has a full bowl. I need John to train her to sleep in!  

It’s a bad cat booyah!

In more reports of bad cats: We have a very old yowler. He is around fifteen or sixteen, and he just gets bored in his room with his feline companion. Last night we let him stay out with his friend and with us. I'm pleased to report that he did not yowl and DH got some sleep. I am less pleased to report that the busybody "checked" on me every two hours to see if I was alive/awake/sleeping, gargling and scolding me and nibbling my fingers. You know. In case I needed to wake up quickly in case of...something. 

He's taking a nap. I'm very tempted to tickle his kitty feet and see how he likes being "checked".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, maize said:

Good morning.

I am contemplating getting out of bed and going for a run.

My version of running is very slow.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

My version of running involves an office chair on wheels.

My version of running is watching the Olympics on tv.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

My cold has moved from my head into my chest, so I feel like I"m going to cough up a lung.  Totally predictable sequence every single time I get a cold.   Sucky way to spend my first week off.  On the bright (?) side, the weather is seriously crappy and is supposed to rain/thunderstorm every day this week so at least I don't feel like we're missing out on a lot of fun field trips and activities.  I wanted to spend some time at the lake this week but that wouldn't be happening even if I wasn't sick.  

The kids haven't done school all week so far.  I guess that's not too bad, it's only Tuesday right?  I'll set up school today so they can do it the rest of this week.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I outsourced entertainment to the lake, a couple of kayaks, and fishing rods whilst I sit at a picnic table and work on a character profile and a synopsis. I'm winning this Mom thing today. 

Can I come, if I bring a chair, a book and a pile of magazines and promise to be very very quiet??

• Like 6