Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hi y'all.

I've never been to Texas -- not even through an airport.  I was once supposed to fly through DFW, but my flight got diverted through Miami instead.

My brother lived in Fort Worth for a few years, but as he was single at the time it was much easier for him to come visit all of the family on the East Coast rather than the other way around.

• Like 4

Nighty Night.  I'm going to bed.  I'm still sneezing like crazy but I actually think it might be allergies.  It doesn't feel like a cold, and it just occurred to me it started bad right after dinner.  We had my mom's home-made sausage soup and it's the first time I had it.  This is how my allergies act when I eat something I'm allergic to.   On the bright side, that means it should be better by tomorrow.  We shall see.

• Like 4

Some people are so dumb it hurts.  A person on Nextdoor is actually ranting because someone cussed and mooned someone in front of their "fur babies" and now their fur babies are scarred for life.  I just couldn't help but point out that the fur babies really don't understand the bad manners of the humans involved.    Huge eye roll. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Morning.  I feel better.  Down to about a normal allergy level and I slept okay.   Two Advil PM overlapping with a Benedryl (about 3 hours before) and I still got up a few times.   

Ds has been stuffy lately too but his allergies tend to match mine more and more as he gets older.   I'm letting them stay home today even though that wasn't the original plan.  I only have three classes today so I'll be home by 2:30 so I can check school and work with them then if necessary.

I went to college in Texas for a year and a half.  I have no desire to go back.   Sorry.

• Like 4

Good morning!

It's SA Day!  I went to Texas for the first time this past December.  I approve, despite the fact that all my exes live in Texas.  That's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.  :wink:

I was very proud of myself for staying very low carb for taco dinner last night, despite my current hormone-induced urge to eat everything in sight.  I snacked on some parmesan crisps.

Tutorial for dd16 today.  Orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.  There is one spot of the music that I really need to practice on a bit more.  Well, hours more; but I'll give it 10 minutes or so.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Morning. I'm dealing with a serious case of the post-project blues, despite the fact that the project still has another round of work, and probably two more rounds or more after that. I have another project to do, and more to think about, but I'm going to miss this one. Wah!

I have been having difficulties getting onto the forum most of the week, not just this thread.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Happy Thankful Thursday!  We got nothing but more bill paying, regular lessons and a soccer game today.  The boys are still in bed for now and so am I but, getting up so we can get going and not waste the day.

Slache--howdy y'all!!

myblessings4--you're so lucky!  Dh was supposed to go out of town this weekend and I wouldn't have had to cook either but, her wimped out and has decided to stay home.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

All my kids (and me) have some kind of creeping crud. I’m blaming it on allergies. Most of the fruit trees are blooming, flowers are blooming.... everyone is sneezing and yucky noses and tummy aches.

Visiting my GP today for a third opinion on the whole Female Problem.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

EdPo: Maybe next week we should do a unit study or something. We still need to do school, but maybe we’ll all feel better if we just do something different. Years ago when I was teaching jr. high English, we stopped our curriculum and had Robert Frost week every February. We studied a poem and did an art project every day. My favorite one was “Blue Butterfly Day,” We studied the poem and them I got blue construction paper and several shades of blue and turquoise tissue paper and blue crepe paper and let the kids go to town making butterflies. And then I hung them from the ceiling of the classroom. It was really neat. And then when the heater came on it stirred them up and looked like they were flying.

• Like 6

Today is International Rare Disease Day.  It is a day to educate others about diseases that do not get a lot of attention.

I have a Rare Disease.  It is called Noonan Syndrome.   I did not find out that I have it until dd11 was diagnosed with it at age 1.  She had been missing milestones and we were referred to a cardiologist who in turn referred us to a geneticist.

Because I have a 50/50 chance of passing the defect, my other children were also evaluated and determined to not be affected.

When I became pregnant with dd8, we knew that there was a 50/50 chance that she would have the defect.  She does.

We are thankful that our defects are minor.  (You can read about the specifics in the link above.  No one person has all of the symptoms, but between the three of us, we have many of them.)  The diagnosis was especially beneficial for me because it helped me to understand what was "wrong" about my body and why I was so different from my siblings.  No one else in my family has been diagnosed.  I am, apparently, a "spontaneous mutation."  Yes, that is the technical term.  😉

My Noonan kids now also have a 50/50 chance of passing the defect, while my unaffected kids have virtually none.

• Like 6

So, not to change the subject, (😂), but I accidentally may have discovered a fix to our slow-to-load thread problem.  I've just stayed on the thread today (accidentally), and when I come back and it asks if I want to show 5 new replies, I click on that and Bob's your uncle, I can read new posts.  So, my advice is to never leave the thread again.  (Kind of Hotel California-ish, if you think about it.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, not to change the subject, (😂), but I accidentally may have discovered a fix to our slow-to-load thread problem.  I've just stayed on the thread today (accidentally), and when I come back and it asks if I want to show 5 new replies, I click on that and Bob's your uncle, I can read new posts.  So, my advice is to never leave the thread again.  (Kind of Hotel California-ish, if you think about it.)

Actually, I *always* have this thread open.  It seems to be working ok today, but the past few days were difficult.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Junie said:

And now I have Hotel California playing in my head.

Thanks so much, Lynn.

You're welcome!

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Actually, I *always* have this thread open.  It seems to be working ok today, but the past few days were difficult.

Bummer, I didn't find a cure.  

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

I taught some of my kids about "Bob's your uncle".  Dd16 actually used it last night.  🙂

Yay for new vocabulary acquisition!  

• Like 1

Ed Po:

So, (notice starting a sentence with "so") our local UMS for homeschooled highschoolers had its info night this week.  They expect to have next year's schedule up this weekend or next, which is earlier than normal.  So, you know I've been checking off and on ever since the meeting when I know I should just wait until after this weekend (probably the earliest it would be there).  Here's a new ear worm for you:  Anticipation....

Second Ed Po:  

So, I think youngest (6th grade next year) will cycle back to Ancients next year.  I'd like something open and go.  (Open and go - like some kind of study guide written to the student....).  I think I've ruled out HOD.  I looked at History Odyssey and it looks like too much trees and not enough forest.  I don't want a lot of busy work.  I don't want her to feel bogged down.  Another option is Beautiful Feet.  It might get boggy, but it's still in the running right now.  Which is saying something.  I've fallen in love with and subsequently rejected a number of options, most of which I already own.  😂😳🤔😜😥

• Haha 2

So many curriculi on the shelf.  So few we want to use.  :biggrin:  I love animal crackers.

Slache is so brave.  She wields earworms like a true Elephant Ninja.  She's The Slacher!

Yay for Libby!  Now give mama some peace!

Story time!  We're almost done with The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt By Day.  Also we are memorizing Death Be Not Proud, and singing two rounds - Rise Up O Flame (with different words):

and Dynamite ala this teacher:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So many curriculi on the shelf.  So few we want to use.  :biggrin:  I love animal crackers.  TRUTH!  

Slache is so brave.  She wields earworms like a true Elephant Ninja.  She's The Slacher!  More TRUTH!  

Yay for Libby!  Now give mama some peace!

Story time!  We're almost done with The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt By Day.  Also we are memorizing Death Be Not Proud, and singing two rounds - Rise Up O Flame (with different words):<snip>

I will have to listen to your songs in the morning.  We are out of internet with 11 days left in the bill cycle.  😳

• Like 2