Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

Happy first Tuesday of the new year!

We let all of the kids stay up until midnight last night.  They had a good time decorating the gingerbread cookies that I bought.  Some of them took a long time getting their cookies "just right".  

ETA:  It's the first Booyah of 2019!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Happy New Year to all the lovely ITTers.

I'm declaring this the Year of the Caffeinated Beverages in honor of the Coffee and Tea drinkers of ITT.

Also, there is no sickness or injury allowed for any ITTer or family member. 

We will say no to all extraneous projects which is deemed unworthy of our time.

We will take time to ITT, write, bullet journal, garden, read, and any other pleasurable activity without guilt.

Pantz are optional. 

(Openhearted, New Years Day 2017)

• Like 6

I have been thinking about things to accomplish in the New Year.  Dh walked an average of 4 miles a day last year - that's 1,460 miles! I'm not gonna do that.  I'd like to do 2019 burpees and do better with my steps.  I failed with my daily harp playing last year.  Maybe I should try weekly.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I wish that the happy boomers would stop celebrating. 

I agree!  Personal fireworks have only been legal for a year or so here and it still takes me by surprise.  Evidently someone in my neighborhood really likes them and sets them off every chance they get.  They didn't even wait until midnight last night, they were going off from 10pm.

The kids and I stayed up.  Dh went to bed at 9:30 but he's up at 5:30.  We didn't do anything special though.  They were in their rooms, I was in the living room.  They came out at 11:58 to watch the final countdown/ball drop, then we all went to bed.  We're so exciting.

I like the idea of a monthly date night with dh.  I should see what he thinks.  We don't go out together very often.  We're both homebodies so don't really miss it but I think it would be fun.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

HAPPY New Year!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!

We went to bed at 10:30 last night and got woke up at midnight by bombs bursting in air. Or at least the fireworks from  the street up the hill.

I have no resolutions this year. We had such a traumatic end to 2018 that I can’t even think about New Years. And I am a little disappointed because generally I enjoy New Year’s Day. One tradition I do is order a Value Pack of Birthday cards from Current and sign and address birthday cards for all the relatives and friends and put stamps on them and sticky notes on them that tell me the day to send them and then put that stack on a corner of my dresser. Then, they’re good to go for the whole year. But I have moving stuff to do today and I don’t even know where my cards are.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I like kiwi.  The fruit.  Not the bird.  Though I do like the bird - just not to eat.  Not that I've tried eating one or even been offered one.  Again- the bird.  The fruit I have eaten and like it. 

It's probably better not to type stream of consciousness.  Imagine reading all of this with a Caribbean accent. 

I hate kiwi. The fruit. Not the bird.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh, Angi, you reminded me that one thing I do need to do is print off my 2019 reading challenge. https://www.challies.com/resources/the-2019-christian-reading-challenge/.  This is the one I did last year if any one is interested in a fun reading challenge. It is very versatile and I must say it is the best thing I did in 2018.

Krissi, that looks really interesting, I think I might try it!  Thank you for posting it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We are homebodies.  Our dates are eating out, rarely a movie, sometimes just going to the store for things we need for the house, but want to look for with no little chatter around us.  Nothing exciting.

Sounds like us!!

• Like 1

Are habits the same as goals?  I say that I have a step goal but really after 340 days it is a step habit. As far as nonhealth related habits go - I have the habit of putting up my tackle thread every night. I have the usual stuff that goes on there )like laundry) but I also have stuff that I would like to get to in the back of my mind (like decluttering certain areas). They only make the tackle lists depending on my health and pain levels. This last year was a super one from a health standpoint and so things that have been in the back of my mind for years are slowly making it to my list. Note slowly. I still have chronic pain. It’s just not as bad or debilitating. For the moment. (I am not being pessimistic here. But I have had multiple times in the last 30 years where I have clawed my way out of the chronic pain morass only to fall right back into the pit.   This is the biggest reason why I don’t make yearly  goals. ). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Oh, Angi, you reminded me that one thing I do need to do is print off my 2019 reading challenge. https://www.challies.com/resources/the-2019-christian-reading-challenge/.  This is the one I did last year if any one is interested in a fun reading challenge. It is very versatile and I must say it is the best thing I did in 2018.

Yes, this looks really good!  My reading has been sad for the past couple of years, (aside from reading lots of good books and literature at story time) but this looks good. 

• Like 1

Good (late) morning. My bujo's not ready! Willy nilly!

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I wish that the happy boomers would stop celebrating. 

Yes! Idiot woman 20 feet from our window screaming "Happy New Year" until she was hoarse. I hope her throat hurts. Not really, but shut up.

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

1. Walk 2019 miles in 2019

2. Read one book per month

3. Family clean 15 minutes per day

4. Monthly date night with dh

1. I didn't limit myself to walking. If I decide to take up swimming I don't want my goal to get in the way of my swimming. If I decide to do Insanity again I might calculate steps and count each workout as a mile.

2. I habe a difficult time balancing Bible and books. I now have two different times of the day that I read.

3 & 4. I love both of these.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'd like to do 2019 burpees...

Whattheheckwhy? 

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

One tradition I do is order a Value Pack of Birthday cards from Current and sign and address birthday cards for all the relatives and friends and put stamps on them and sticky notes on them that tell me the day to send them and then put that stack on a corner of my dresser. Then, they’re good to go for the whole year. But I have moving stuff to do today and I don’t even know where my cards are.

I like this. My bosses boss (Pastor's wife) writes the date where the stamp goes and I cover the date with the stamp and send them. But I'm a secretary and always have stamps.

47 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. I do not set goals. Goals are stressful for me because I am a “do what I said “ kind of person and then I feel like I have to do them. My step and other goals are goals of course. And you can tell that I take them seriously but I make adjustments very slowly and incrementally. 

I set goals to form or strengthen habits.

15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh and dd are going up into the mountains today for snow adventures. I think that it is so good for my kids to get Daddy time. Even as teenagers. Maybe especially as teenagers. 

:wub:

• Like 2

We had a really great year. I think it's been the best year for our marriage, the kids are fabulous (mostly) and my health has been steadily improving, I believe because of the lack of gluten and limited grains. It was shockingly difficult financially but everything else was good and I think finances are on the up and up soon. I hope. And I think.

• Like 4

I'm looking at Junie's goals. What does better posture mean?

I'm contemplating...

• 52 walks outside by myself (because I'm a big girl now).
  • Lose 12 pounds
  • Listen to 52 sermons outside of church
  • Memorize 12 scriptures
  • 52 games with the kids
  • Read Spanish 365 times
  • 52 short stories to the kids or by myself (still thinking)
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Junie said:

I want to watch a football game (the Citrus Bowl) but I have to take a nap.

I feel like a whiny toddler.

59 minutes ago, Junie said:

We are... Penn State!!!

NO!!!!  We are U.K.!!!!!

(nothing personal, of course. 😊)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok. This is Junie's fault.

The Body:
2,019 pushups
365 miles (walking, hiking, claiming, swimming)
52 walks outside by myself (because I'm a big girl now)
52 segments of self care
12 pounds (lose, not gain)

The Brain:
365 Spanish readings
52 Books (including 27 from the NT)
12 scriptures memorized
12 sermons outside of church

The Family:
52 games with the kids
52 short stories to the kids
$ 2,019 extra to debt

Edited by Slache
Misspelled brain.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

Alex is crying about the tree. :sad:

Aw.  It's a bit of a sad ocassion.  Except at my house, because we keep everything up so long we can't wait for it to be gone.

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. This is Junie's fault.

The Body:
2,019 pushups
365 miles (walking, hiking, claiming, swimming)
52 walks outside by myself (because I'm a big girl now)
52 segments of self care
12 pounds (lose, not gain)

The Brain:
365 Spanish readings
52 Books (including 27 from the NT)
12 scriptures memorized
12 sermons outside of church

The Family:
52 games with the kids
52 short stories to the kids
$ 2,019 extra to debt

So do you put these things on your countdown app?  I got the app but then couldn't tell if I was setting it up right.  Like for something you want to accomplish in a year, do you put Dec. 31 as the goal date?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So do you put these things on your countdown app?  I got the app but then couldn't tell if I was setting it up right.  Like for something you want to accomplish in a year, do you put Dec. 31 as the goal date?

I make a chart and reflect on it weekly, putting necessary items into that week's schedule.

Yes.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

I make a chart and reflect on it weekly, putting necessary items into that week's schedule.

Yes.

I like charts.  

Burpees are super good for working nearly every muscle in your body.  I did modified ones today - hands on chair and stepping back instead of hopping back, and they were too easy.  I should find something lower.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I like charts.  

Burpees are super good for working nearly every muscle in your body.  I did modified ones today - hands on chair and stepping back instead of hopping back, and they were too easy.  I should find something lower.

Eight counts. They are the father of burpees and were created for or the military. It is a very precise Burpee with one extra move. To this day if anyone counts to 8 I get an adrenaline spike.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2