Which level?

Literature Level

Booyah!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Literature Level

Booyah!

That's what I thought. So exciting! Not liking though, because h.

• Haha 2

I have a bunch of dirt and leaves on my doorstep because a) the person who is supposed to sweep every week doesn’t; and b) I swear, I live with a bunch of lazy bums.

and it’s hotter than heleven here.

we’re going to my oarents’ House for dinner.

i gulped my COFfEE~D while I mopped the floor.

• Like 6

Juliet keeps bringing garbage up on to our back deck.  I assume that it is from our neighbor's yard where they literally have piles of trash in the back yard and blew over into our yard or something.  At least that's my best guess because it is NOT our garbage.  I hope that she doesn't drag a dead body or something up here one day. . .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet keeps bringing garbage up on to our back deck.  I assume that it is from our neighbor's yard where they literally have piles of trash in the back yard and blew over into our yard or something.  At least that's my best guess because it is NOT our garbage.  I hope that she doesn't drag a dead body or something up here one day. . .  

Well, if she does, at least the police will take it away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I texted dh asking him to bring home pizza. He is ignoring my text.  I don't want to make dinner.

I guess he might have to go out to get pizza if he arrives home without it. . .

• Like 7

My six year old needs to just live in the naughty chair for a few weeks, I think.

If we do two foreign languages next year, do I *have* to do composition?  I don’t wanna....

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

My six year old needs to just live in the naughty chair for a few weeks, I think.

If we do two foreign languages next year, do I *have* to do composition?  I don’t wanna....

Six year olds don’t have to do anything...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I shall be torturing the children tomorrow morning. 

I think they've been holed up in their rooms too much so I'm taking them to explore some local parks with the dog bright and early.  I am the meanest, but I'll try to soften it with doughnuts and maybe pizza afterwards. 

• Like 8

I will torture my children tomorrow, too. We have school.

I have to bust my rear end with revisions, prepare submission materials for one press, and prep a query letter for an...agent who liked my pitch!

• Like 5

Why are you guys doing school? My in-laws are here and I need you at my beck and call! No more school!

They got back from mountain seeing. Mother-in-law checked my bookshelves to ensure I still had all of the curriculum that she sent and I don't. Father-in-law pulled all of the dog hair from in between the couch cushions and sat it in the middle of the couch and told the dog to eat it, which she did. I would call that a good visit.

There is an absolutely delicious, gluten filled gyro pizza in my fridge right now. I need the svengo guy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

We had Chinese food at my Mom and Dad’s house, And my mom made this icecream cake thingie for dinner. Oh my word. It was divine.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

Why are you guys doing school? My in-laws are here and I need you at my beck and call! No more school!

They got back from mountain seeing. Mother-in-law checked my bookshelves to ensure I still had all of the curriculum that she sent and I don't. Father-in-law pulled all of the dog hair from in between the couch cushions and sat it in the middle of the couch and told the dog to eat it, which she did. I would call that a good visit.

There is an absolutely delicious, gluten filled gyro pizza in my fridge right now. I need the svengo guy!

You can do this, Slashie. Of course, you could always say there’s an emergency in California that you need to take care of and you can come visit me in ...he11. Well, at least that’s what it seems like.... smoky air, excessive heat 

• Like 4

Ireland update: It looks like her shoulders are dying and are probably going to need to be removed as well. We are praying for healing so that doesn't have to happen.

She is in critical condition and unconcious. She doesn't know she has no siblings or legs.

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You can do this, Slashie. Of course, you could always say there’s an emergency in California that you need to take care of and you can come visit me in ...he11. Well, at least that’s what it seems like.... smoky air, excessive heat 

My daughter is allergic to smoke and now we can't vacation in CA because of this. In fact even the Northwest is hazardous in summer. 😞 Hell indeed. Fires in Finland now, I'm not sure ALaska is a good future plan.

• Sad 3

Good Friday Morning!  COFFEE!!!  

Storms headed our way this morning.  It will be nice to have a cloudy day and some rain.  I should probably take care of the dogs before it starts, but I'd rather enjoy my coffee.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!

I have an appointment with a neurologist in The Big City.  I haven't exactly lost hope about getting rid of these headaches*, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

*Update on my headaches:  It has been over 2 1/2 years now of (near) daily migraines.  I had one day (about a week ago) that I did not have a headache.  Since last fall, my head has hurt nearly every moment of every day.

I started taking daily naps in January and that has helped a lot.  The pain is much less severe.  Also, the pain got less frequent after my blood transfusion in May.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Good morning!  TGIF!

Jean, how are your hips doing wth the exercises?

Junie, I'm hoping the dr. can come up with something helpful!

Just keep swimming, Slache!

I have nothing on the calendar today or tomorrow.  It would be helpful if I had printer ink so I could actually get more stuff done, but if I'm honest, there's plenty that can be done without it.  I should be able to print by Monday night.  My goal is to be ready with school stuff by Tuesday.  :willy_nilly:

COFFEE!!

• Like 4

Krissi, that sounds miserable.  So hot and bad air.  :sad:  I was wondering if those fires were causing problems in your area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The air quality is bad because of fires near Yosemite. I keep coughing. 

I'm sorry. But I wrote the line about my protagonist getting stranded in Yosemite and setting the woods on fire yesterday. So I smiled. But I hope the fires die down and breathing gets better for you. The topography out there traps a world of smoke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

I have an appointment with a neurologist in The Big City.  I haven't exactly lost hope about getting rid of these headaches*, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

*Update on my headaches:  It has been over 2 1/2 years now of (near) daily migraines.  I had one day (about a week ago) that I did not have a headache.  Since last fall, my head has hurt nearly every moment of every day.

I started taking daily naps in January and that has helped a lot.  The pain is much less severe.  Also, the pain got less frequent after my blood transfusion in May.

Ask him about the connection between the blood transfusion and the improvement. I'm curious about whether there is a connection.

• Like 4

I have commandeered the kitchen table and it is full of writing stuff that has sprawled way beyond the median. I need to shovel off half of it so we can do school. Putting together queries today, checking out sub guidelines for the publisher, and working on some of my editors suggestions for my first chapter. If I don't lose my mind by the end of the day, it will be a good day.

Also, I am trying to figure out this open course writing class I signed up for, and it's taken me a week to figure out how to get to some of the stuff I need to get too, so I'm about a week behind. Might have some serious writing to do to catch up. Sigh.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

I get rid of my 3 oldest today. Our church youth group is doing a service project today, all day. There’s a facility nearby run by YWAM that, among other things, collects fruit culls from local packing sheds, dries the fruit, packages it and sends it to hungry people worldwide. So, the youth group is going there to work today. One thing I really really appreciate about our junior high and high school youth directors is their emphasis on service. I think they probably arrange more service opportunities for the kids than “fun stuff”. This past Sunday oldest DS worked for a couple hours helping move donated furniture for a missionary family who just arrived in the States on furlough.

It’s supposed to be a cooker again today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, I slept most of yesterday, that's why I didn't post much.  Today, I have no plans, just dropping Ds off at church to help with the garage sale and getting dd to work and home.

Junie, I'm glad your headaches are better, I hope things continue to improve.

(((slache))) you can do it, we're all in your corner!

critter, good job on all the twitter followers 

im hoping I get to hang out some today!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, I slept most of yesterday, that's why I didn't post much.  Today, I have no plans, just dropping Ds off at church to help with the garage sale and getting dd to work and home.

Junie, I'm glad your headaches are better, I hope things continue to improve.

(((slache))) you can do it, we're all in your corner!

critter, good job on all the twitter followers 

im hoping I get to hang out some today!

I hope it helps my "marketing platform". Sigh. I can't do much more just yet. Not set up for it with equipment or internet access yet. But maybe by the fall I can have a website up, and a blog going. There will be a poetry section.:biggrin:

• Like 5

Hi. I slept in until 7. Beach day. The manner of womanhood is upon me. Hungry. I can haz all the fings?

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi. I slept in until 7. Beach day. The manner of womanhood is upon me. Hungry. I can haz all the fings?

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like I'm spinning my wheels already.  Must get focused.

done: kitchen tidied, water kefir and milk kefir dealt with, salad dressings made, instrument practice assisted, math assisted.

next: work on literature reading chart and assignments

• Like 3

Good morning! I was out of commission all day yesterday due to what DD adorably calls "punctuation pain" and Slache calls "the manner of womanhood." Every month I keep saying I need to get to the GYN and push him to look again for endometriosis or something else wrong. Missing work/school days each month due to pain, dizziness and nausea isn't OK and it feels like it's gotten worse in the past year 😞 In the past they've never found anything but they've never done the exploratory surgery for endo either. Feeling a bit better today though, just have to stay rigorous about taking IB on schedule. If I let it get to the point that I feel a twinge, it's already too late and I'll be writhing before the next dose takes effect.

Finished one translation on time and promptly got commissioned for another one, so that's good. The last couple of years we've noticed a pattern... exactly as much money as we need to make it through to the next regularly-scheduled paycheck seems to fall in our laps just when we start wondering how we're going to do it this month. At this point, it's such a recognizable pattern that when I see a sudden uptick in new student enrollment, I sort of brace myself for whatever we'll need the extra money for. And within about 2 weeks, the engine falls out of the car or something. It's not, you know, the most stress-free way of living, but it certainly has opened our eyes to the role of Providence in our lives, so that's a blessing 😊

• Like 6

Kids are dropped off, looks like a good group working today. Came home and ate breakfast with the little girls. This morning we had breakfast in honor of my Grandma B. Every day in the summer she’d have a bowl of fresh peaches and cream and peanut butter toast. And of course COFFEE~D (and y’all think I drink a lot of COFFEE~D, you should have known my grandma😂). We brought her picture from the bookshelf and we talked about my Grandma and about heaven (since that is where she’s at, my little girls never met her). It was such a nice, peaceful breakfast.

• Like 6

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, EG. when I was in my teens and 20’s I’d be completely out of commission due to AF. 

• Like 2

That sounds like a lovely breakfast, Krissi!

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Jean, how are your hips doing wth the exercises?

Ok, I guess.  My hips no longer ache as much in general but I am still hobbling if I sit in one place too long. 

• Like 4

Oh, goodie!  What’d you get me?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

If it weren't against regulations, this year of literature scheduling would be the death of me.  I'm making progress, but I think I need the family and animals to move out for a week so I can get it done.  Brain is so tired.  Tummy is so hungry.

More Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm leaving for hula class in a few minutes, after which I'll zoom home, get Mr. Ellie and our luggage, and zoom off to Midland, Texas ("zoom" being a relative word, as it will take us over five hours to get there, because Texas). I may or may not be able to check in until Sunday afternoon, so party on. :-)

• Like 5