Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Paige said:

My kids: When is -----(Elf on Shelf) going to show up??

Me: He's probably already here and you haven't found him yet!

Kids: Start looking....

The elf is still in the box of Christmas stuff that hasn't been brought out of the garage. 😉 I hate the elf and wish my mother never gave him to us!

Do your kids like Harry Potter?  Give your elf socks and free him!!  😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paige said:

My kids: When is -----(Elf on Shelf) going to show up??

Me: He's probably already here and you haven't found him yet!

Kids: Start looking....

The elf is still in the box of Christmas stuff that hasn't been brought out of the garage. 😉 I hate the elf and wish my mother never gave him to us!

We don’t do elf on a Shelf. I just..... couldn’t.

• Like 3

We are back from the neighbor’s Open House. They are in to electric trains and their whole back yard is this train thing with creeks and waterfalls and a trestle. It’s really neat.

Now, COFFEE~D and sportsball. Derek is playing. My kids can’t figure out why I still like the Raiders even though they are terrible. I tell them that you don’t turn your back on people just because they are losers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I never even put on a tit-sling today.   Weekend prerogative.

Ran over to moms to move furniture.  It was only getting moved into her dining room which is the first room you come to when you come in her house.  She has a local charity picking things up and wanted to have them close to the door so they wouldn't have to go in dd's room (dd didn't care).  Despite KNOWING we were coming over to do it, she tried to move a heavy, solid wood dresser by herself.  Without even taking the drawers out.   Her and dd moved the couch out of dd's room, despite dd telling her they should wait for us.  They may not take the bed so that stayed in dd's room.

So, we made this special trip over there to move the dresser that if you took the drawers out and slid it on it's side, moved extremely easily.   Oh yeah, and this is the furniture that mom told us for some reason she asked dd to call us about moving?  Dd said she never asked her to call.  So, if dh hadn't stopped by yesterday, we wouldn't even have known and the charity people are coming Tuesday.  

Ran by my classroom to drop some things off, take care of critters, and I was hoping to fix my green screen.  Despite using paint that was supposed to work on a window shade, it flaked off, especially with little kids stepping on it.  We were going to try using plastic, but that won't work either so I went to Michaels to pick up fabric paint that I'm hoping will bond better.   I also picked up a nice winter-themed wreath to put on the door to my classroom space.   The line was HUGE.  Mostly with people who didn't read the fine print on the coupon that said the super-big sale didn't start until 3pm.  This was at 12:45-ish.  I overheard the cashiers explaining it at least four times, leading to at least three voided transactions.  That had to be done one item at a time evidently.

Then dh and I went to Applebees for lunch and I'm having my leftover oriental chicken salad and homemade sweet potato and squash soup for dinner.  

All without a tit-sling.

• Like 3

So if you were about 6 stapled-together packets of Christmas hymns and carols of roughly 8 pages each, where would you hide yourself?  

They weren't with last year's Advent devotional booklets or with the Old Lady Party Sing-along Christmas Carol Lyrics packets.  Or in the boxes of Advent mugs/dishes, or the mostly empty decoration boxes.  I'm starting to feel a little panicky.

• Like 1

Have paperback books gone up a lot in price?  Dh and I were just discussing the new tv show The Passage and found out it was based on a book.  So I checked it out and the paperback is $12.00, marked down from $18.00 on Amazon.  $15 and change at Barnes and Nobles.  That seems like a lot for a paperback that was originally published in 2010.

Am I really out of the loop and that's typical now?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Have paperback books gone up a lot in price?  Dh and I were just discussing the new tv show The Passage and found out it was based on a book.  So I checked it out and the paperback is $12.00, marked down from $18.00 on Amazon.  $15 and change at Barnes and Nobles.  That seems like a lot for a paperback that was originally published in 2010.

I think mass market will be less, but since it is a popular series and award winning author and now a show, most publishers will produce more expensive paperback editions for as long as possible.  $18 does seem a bit high even for a high-end paperback - a Harry Potter paperback lists for $11.

• Like 3

I think my current favorite Christmas hymn is What Child Is This? - because of the second verse.  It catches me off guard and sort of takes my breath away.

(this version, I didn't realize there were so many  https://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.com/Hymns_and_Carols/what_child_is_this_version_1.htm )

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

They are pushing higher.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I never even put on a tit-sling today.   Weekend prerogative.

Ran over to moms to move furniture.  It was only getting moved into her dining room which is the first room you come to when you come in her house.  She has a local charity picking things up and wanted to have them close to the door so they wouldn't have to go in dd's room (dd didn't care).  Despite KNOWING we were coming over to do it, she tried to move a heavy, solid wood dresser by herself.  Without even taking the drawers out.   Her and dd moved the couch out of dd's room, despite dd telling her they should wait for us.  They may not take the bed so that stayed in dd's room.

So, we made this special trip over there to move the dresser that if you took the drawers out and slid it on it's side, moved extremely easily.   Oh yeah, and this is the furniture that mom told us for some reason she asked dd to call us about moving?  Dd said she never asked her to call.  So, if dh hadn't stopped by yesterday, we wouldn't even have known and the charity people are coming Tuesday.  

Ran by my classroom to drop some things off, take care of critters, and I was hoping to fix my green screen.  Despite using paint that was supposed to work on a window shade, it flaked off, especially with little kids stepping on it.  We were going to try using plastic, but that won't work either so I went to Michaels to pick up fabric paint that I'm hoping will bond better.   I also picked up a nice winter-themed wreath to put on the door to my classroom space.   The line was HUGE.  Mostly with people who didn't read the fine print on the coupon that said the super-big sale didn't start until 3pm.  This was at 12:45-ish.  I overheard the cashiers explaining it at least four times, leading to at least three voided transactions.  That had to be done one item at a time evidently.

Then dh and I went to Applebees for lunch and I'm having my leftover oriental chicken salad and homemade sweet potato and squash soup for dinner.  

All without a tit-sling.

Toto, Ds got a green screen curtain for not that much money. He just strung it up on wire. 

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Toto, Ds got a green screen curtain for not that much money. He just strung it up on wire. 

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I have seen someone hang green felt on a wire in front of a whiteboard.  It worked perfectly.

If this paint doesn't work, that's where I'm going next.  I like the shade because it's up permanently but not open all the time.  So it's easy for me to open it quickly and then put it away quickly.  We can't just paint a section of wall because there's a chair rail that messes it up.  That also means anything hanging has to hang in front of the chair rail and be stiff enough to hang straight.

Every house I contacted today was a scam. I told them all to go to church.

I did contact a specific realtor regarding a specific property and if we like him maybe we can work together.

Stupid scammers! I can't show you the property because I now work for a Christian church camp in Arkansas. Cool. Drive down.

• Sad 1

Good morning! Coffee is working its magic.

Baby is better. He slept almost all day yesterday and his fever has broken. He's playful again. He might be developing my cough, which is terrible so we hope not. He's never had a real cough before, so it's kind of pathetic and cute to watch him trying to understand what is going on. We're so lucky he has been such a healthy baby. 

I need to work on Christmas. I haven't done a thing and have no ideas for anyone. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

They are pushing higher.

Used to be I might have complained with you. Now all I can think about is that it took me three years of hard writing and lots of tears to write a book. But I'll admit, I still squeak when paying for books. 😄

• Like 8

Morning! I was absent yesterday. I woke up around four with a sick, complaining old kitty. She feels better today, but it's hard to see the end coming again for one of my ancient cats. Then I wrote about 2,500 words an did some reading, talked to an author about the next step coming up for me, and discovering some new fantasy magazines to read, and a new place for short story work in progress that's kind of exclusive, and made me wonder if I've got the class to be in there, you know? It's going to be a long week. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for my writing journey, but it's terrifying at the same time.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

Today I get to go in for my annual peek-a-Boo, which hasn’t really been annual, but whatever. I hate that. I hate medical procedures of any kind. And I avoid them like the plague. Hopefully there’s nothing really bad wrong with me. The kids are going to my parents’ house for the morning, since I have to drive into the Big City. At least it isn’t foggy. And then I get to drive across the Big City to the West side (Gyn is on the East side) and drop off some loan documents. Woohoo!!

Nothing else is going on today. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Good morning all!  I was up early to finish paying bills and to write notes and such before wrangling the boys out of bed.  

paige, glad baby is feeling better!

critter, please give us a shout out, when they make your book into a movie, we're so proud of you!

angi, I will text you!

well, m off to start my day and hopefully, finish everything on my to do list!

• Like 6