Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

One of the girls is interested in feeding birds this winter.  She asked how much bird food costs.

I answered, "Tuppence a bag".  ?

Dh didn't know what I was talking about.  ?

Well, I guess I know what the next Family Movie Night selection will be in the Junie household!!!!

• Like 2

The kids got their Kiwi Crates today. They have fun with them. That is one of the perks of being in this charter. I have $ to spend. However, I am finding that I liked my old curriculum better. But it's Christian, so, while I can use it, I have to buy it myself. We're doing REAL Science 4 Kids this year. I started out the year liking it, and I didn't have to pay for it, since it is secular. I don't like it. The kids hate it. DD1 and I got into a huge fight today because of this stupid lab she had to do. And yes, she's a hormonal pre-teen, but I have to agree with her that the curriculum is BORING!!!!!!! She's doing Geology. Since we've been doing Apologia all these years, she's had a lot of life science and I figured she really needed to study something different to give her a good rounding out. I think things would be better if we went back to Apologia.  But.... I'd have to buy it myself. And it's not cheap.

• Like 1

I just finished my Bible reading for the year!!!!

Usually I am cramming in lots of chapters between Christmas and New Year's.

Last year (because of migraines) I only read the New Testament.

This year I kept a tab on my computer open to biblegateway.com so that it would be convenient to read a chapter here or there.  I was so surprised earlier this month when I realized I was almost finished!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hammockpo:

I have a stand. Do I want a single or double? Same length, two feet difference in width. Double comes in rainbow or tie dye for about $30 more. We are planning on living in the next place until we buy so I'm not opposed to mounting it to the wall and dealing with the consequences later. I'll just explain the situation to the manager and see what he says because a lot of the time you just get your security deposit back if you live their long enough.

Eta: Do we hate this? I really wanted to do cotton. And it's shorter.

Edited by Slache

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I just finished my Bible reading for the year!!!!

Usually I am cramming in lots of chapters between Christmas and New Year's.

Last year (because of migraines) I only read the New Testament.

This year I kept a tab on my computer open to biblegateway.com so that it would be convenient to read a chapter here or there.  I was so surprised earlier this month when I realized I was almost finished!

I am behind. I should be here less and in my scriptures more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Hammockpo:

I have a stand. Do I want a single or double? Same length, two feet difference in width. Double comes in rainbow or tie dye for about $30 more. We are planning on living in the next place until we buy so I'm not opposed to mounting it to the wall and dealing with the consequences later. I'll just explain the situation to the manager and see what he says because a lot of the time you just get your security deposit back if you live their long enough.

Eta: Do we hate this? I really wanted to do cotton. And it's shorter.

I like doubles, but I am also a grownup.  A real advantage to the cotton one is the lack of parachute-pants swishy noise.  Also it's pretty.

• Like 1

I just had my Halloween scare for the day.  Already.  :dry:  Our front porch harbor chime was ringing in the wind and it was bothering me a bit, so I decided to go outside and stuff a grocery bag in it to keep it quiet. But as I started to put the bag in, SOMETHING FLEW OUT!  ?

I am still not over the heebie-jeebies.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!  Bats in the belfry!

Dd12 is very upset that dh removed the bat's home, so he is putting it back up.

Aldi this morning - grapes are 99 cents a pound!  There is nervous rumbling over our "almost empty" refrigerator and lack of milk, cheese, eggs, butter, and bread.  But we made it 12 days!  

Coffee!

Happy Reformation Day!

On this day, we pray that the Holy Spirit will show us the depths of our sin and lead us to repentance, so that our hearts will be reformed and always reforming into the image of Christ. (from an old article on observing the church calendar/holidays)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Berry tired.

I like berry.  I'm sorry it is tired.  

We really need lightbulbs and Aldi doesn't carry them.  I wonder if I should risk a trip to AFSA this morning.  I am afraid that after getting very little sleep, I will turn into a raging crazy person.  Maybe I'll just be a zombie person.  Appropriate for the day.

• Like 3

Good morning.  I have to go to AFSA today after classes.  We need ds's taquitos and AFSA is the closest place that carries them.  I don't want to have to go farther to a grocery store that I know carries them (especially because they sometimes don't have them).  Since I'm going anyway, my list keeps getting longer.  It's now a mix of household and classroom stuff.  

We're going trick or treating this evening by the science center.  We'll have guaranteed parking and the town closes down the streets just down the road from there.  Easy-peezy.  Except I need to call my mother because we usually go there and I need to see if we need to at least stop by.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I like berry.  I'm sorry it is tired.  

We really need lightbulbs and Aldi doesn't carry them.  I wonder if I should risk a trip to AFSA this morning.  I am afraid that after getting very little sleep, I will turn into a raging crazy person.  Maybe I'll just be a zombie person.  Appropriate for the day.

If you're just getting light bulbs, you could go through the self-checkout. You can do it!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Happy Halloween!!!

Kids have Enrichment Academy this morning. I am so behind in grading and such, so I think I will get a COFFEE!!,~D somewhere and go to my usual park and grade papers and read. I may also go to the library. Since it’s in the same county system, I can get a book there and  return it at the library in my town.

Kids have piano lessons this afternoon.

Tonight is Fall Family Fun Night at church.  I get to work the bounce house at 5:15 for an hour or so. The kids will get a handful of tickets and be turned loose. Then DH will come and we’ll get a tri-tip sandwich and park ourselves till the kids find us. It’s all over at 8:00. The kids have never gone trick or treating. Our neighborhood is a zoo on Halloween so we just turn off all our lights and leave.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Our church is doing trunk-or-treat for the first time ever.  We're not going.  And we don't trick-or-treat.

Halloween is a really nasty holiday where I grew up and it's just not something I care to participate in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Our church is doing trunk-or-treat for the first time ever.  We're not going.  And we don't trick-or-treat.

Halloween is a really nasty holiday where I grew up and it's just not something I care to participate in.

Our church does a fall festival and we didn't go the first year and Pastor started putting a lot of pressure on us and we caved. Now we go every year. We have the only kids and people are encouraged to bring their grandkids so if they bring their grandkids and they're the only kids there they won't come back. Not that it even matters. I'm hoping our next church doesn't have something like that.

• Like 3

Morning. My neck still hurts, but I can move it now. Sadly, protecting my neck at night tightened my lower back! So now that hurts. Grrrrrr. I'm giving myself a massage for NaNoWriMo if I get my 75K. Hah!

I wish to report that I did a drawing every day this month. I have 31 new drawings that I can turn into paintings if I want, and some of them may go in the art sale in May. I sure would like to sell some stuff. I don't have room for all my paintings. But got to practice. 

I have a ton of writing to do and a couple of critiques to do for potential CP partners. Better get working!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Our church does a fall festival and we didn't go the first year and Pastor started putting a lot of pressure on us and we caved. Now we go every year. We have the only kids and people are encouraged to bring their grandkids so if they bring their grandkids and they're the only kids there they won't come back. Not that it even matters. I'm hoping our next church doesn't have something like that.

We used to have a fall festival and we would go, but it wasn't my favorite thing.

The trunk-or-treat is kind of irksome because our regular church service/Awana were cancelled in order to have it.

• Like 3

I drove by a Trunk-or-Treat last night. Man, it was so busy. It was right by the road in the church parking lot, and I was terrified someone was going to lose control of an excited kid next to a major highway. And of course it was that degree of dark that makes it hard to see. But nothing happened, so I presume they were ready to deal with that. Still. Scared me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

If you're just getting light bulbs, you could go through the self-checkout. You can do it!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The self checkout is awesome. I could help you out if you want.

I ended up going to Kroger since it is right across the street from Aldi.  More expensive than AFSA, but not as much drivng.  I was the first person in Aldi when it opened.  It was a little weird - usually there is a little crowd of people waiting for the doors to be opened. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Anyone here seen The Nightmare Before Christmas?  That might be our Reformation Day movie instead of The Birds.

I went nuts at Aldi and bought a bunch of stuff not on my list - a craft bin, Halloween mini-playdoes, nacho cheese Bugles, a venus fly trap, and Maine root beer. They had super soft and fluffy yarns that I did not buy even though they were calling to me.

• Like 4

The easy fix I had imagined for Baby's costume is not working! This is why I don't try to be crafty. So I bought him a bunny costume with floppy ears but I need the ears to stand up. How?? I don't want to go back to the store and most of my crafty supplies have been packed up in the basement and lost. 

I have pipe cleaners; didn't work. I tried a wire headband base that I shoved in the ears; didn't work. The ears are stiff but they fall down on the head all in one stiff piece. Maybe stuffing? I might be able to cannibalize something for its stuffing. Or maybe I need to make the wire go through the base of the hat and not just the ears? That would require more alterations to the original costume than I'd prefer. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paige said:

The easy fix I had imagined for Baby's costume is not working! This is why I don't try to be crafty. So I bought him a bunny costume with floppy ears but I need the ears to stand up. How?? I don't want to go back to the store and most of my crafty supplies have been packed up in the basement and lost. 

I have pipe cleaners; didn't work. I tried a wire headband base that I shoved in the ears; didn't work. The ears are stiff but they fall down on the head all in one stiff piece. Maybe stuffing? I might be able to cannibalize something for its stuffing. Or maybe I need to make the wire go through the base of the hat and not just the ears? That would require more alterations to the original costume than I'd prefer. 

Just say that he’s a lop. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Anyone here seen The Nightmare Before Christmas?  That might be our Reformation Day movie instead of The Birds.

I went nuts at Aldi and bought a bunch of stuff not on my list - a craft bin, Halloween mini-playdoes, nacho cheese Bugles, a venus fly trap, and Maine root beer. They had super soft and fluffy yarns that I did not buy even though they were calling to me.

We did not like the movie.

• Like 1