Menu

Ignore this thread!

14 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

That was a small group!  Are you in black on the right?

Yes. The old lady. Well, the oldest lady; there was another old lady there. :-)

The zombie in front of me was also at the first one. She wasn't able to do it the next year because she had a new baby. :-) And I guess in the ensuing years there were other things that were more important than thrilling the world, lol. But she made it to the 10th anniversary, so there's that.

• Like 2

Tomorrow some Filipino family are stopping by. The son of the SIL who brought me a fish and his wife and daughter . I know that this nephew is super tidy. Despite actually working on my living room today, my house is not tidy. But I am super owie today. And we have to do school in the morning. So I guess we’re all just going to have to suck it up. He won’t get a tidy place to visit and I will feel self conscious about the state of my house. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tomorrow some Filipino family are stopping by. The son of the SIL who brought me a fish and his wife and daughter . I know that this nephew is super tidy. Despite actually working on my living room today, my house is not tidy. But I am super owie today. And we have to do school in the morning. So I guess we’re all just going to have to suck it up. He won’t get a tidy place to visit and I will feel self conscious about the state of my house. 

Don't feel self conscious. When you all look back that will not be what you remember.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Yay for successful 1st orchestra concerts and B5!

The stomach flu is going around.  Besides the quartet violinist, several kids from children's choir were sick this past week.  One kid threw up in the yard of the church yesterday morning.  Ds23 threw up in the middle of the night.  It makes me want to sequester everyone for a couple weeks.  Alas.  We have an ortho appt. this morning, instrument lessons and children's choir this afternoon, and boy scout court of honor tonight.  

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!?????

I had Sudafed dreams last night. I knew they’d come. I’ve been taking so much of that stuff. The dizziness is gone, but the Dreams..... not bad, just very vivid and bizarre.

DH is on a plane, likely taxi-ing down the runway as we speak. He’s going to Phoenix for 3 days for work.?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Morning. I didn't sleep worth anything last night. My neck is killing me, but I shall not die per ITT regs regarding death. Thankfully, I actually did my Monday chore on Saturday afternoon, and last night was able to bring all the meat for the week and do it on the grill at my folks' house. So dinner is done for days. Thus, I can take my medicines, drink my tea, write my novel, and bake under my heating pad until all is well, and everyone will have food to eat and clean litterboxes without my help. Yay!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Yay for successful 1st orchestra concerts and B5!

The stomach flu is going around.  Besides the quartet violinist, several kids from children's choir were sick this past week.  One kid threw up in the yard of the church yesterday morning.  Ds23 threw up in the middle of the night.  It makes me want to sequester everyone for a couple weeks.  Alas.  We have an ortho appt. this morning, instrument lessons and children's choir this afternoon, and boy scout court of honor tonight.  

Coffee!

Oh dear, Susan. Start carrying around a big bottle of anti-bacterial gel and coat everyone and everything with it. I would suffer through a million colds before going through a bout of the stomach flu.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I just finished handing out this week's assignments.  I used to write them out over the weekend, but I keep forgetting.  Everyone is kind of sluggish on Monday mornings anyway, so a late start isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 4

My guests have gone back home. We can all go back to our regularly scheduled activities and relax. It wasn't a bad visit. 

Baby has already been up and had his first nap of the day. He finds house guests stressful too. 

My dog keeps getting sick; I think she has a bad batch of food that I should report. I almost took her to the pet ER because she was so sick but then it seemed to pass. Poor baby. ☹️ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Fever - check.  Aching muscles - check.  Misery and moaning - check.  Yep, I think it's the flu.  

Ds23 is pretty sure he's dying of death, but has managed to keep down a couple saltine crackers and an electrolyte/vitamin/elderberry fizzy drink.  

I hate the smell of Lysol-type sprays, but I am being quite liberal with the disinfecting today.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 7

((Prairie)). I would say go with your plan. Explain to your mom. You know, finally, you do the best you can. You treat people the best you know how, but in the end some people will just not be satisfied and you have to be able to let it be. You can’t please everyone and you can’t wreck your finances and everything else just to try to please people. It’s Not worth it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Sudafed makes me have dreams that crowds of people are shouting at me.  I don't like that stuff.

I don’t remember what I dreamed, but I woke up from them several times last night and I just remember them being very vivid. Sudafed is what they make meth out of, so I know it’s gotta have some effect like that.

ahhh, well, it’s a drug induced Booya/h!!! ????

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I slept in(ish), did laundry, school, and a smidgen of housework. We're having leftover shepherd's pie for dinner.

I'm very tired and have decided to pick one home keeping project per day in lieu of working out this week. Today's project is the three bins on the bottom of the bookshelf; blocks, costumes and stuffed animals. Everything will be sorted and scrubbed, and a few choice items will hopefully be thrown away or donated.

(((Susan))) (((Prarie)))

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

Thanks, everyone, for the support. Sometimes I need to hear voices from people outside of the situation to remember that I am being pretty reasonable about it all.

My van is back from the shop and will live to drive another day.  We had capped repairs at $500, and thankfully this all came in under that. So, that's looking up.

• Like 6

Met a Korean woman at Starbucks. She heard that we homeschool and sat there with her mouth open saying "wow" ten times in a row. It was pretty funny. 

She wants to hire me to tutor her 2nd grader.  How much should I charge?  I don’t feel comfortable milking families for high amounts. $30 for an hour is less than the going rate here but reasonable?  (I looked on wyzant (tutoring site) and local tutors for elementary charge between $20 (too low) and $60 an hour (too high). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I offered $30 for an hour and $20 for a half hour.  I charge more for just a half hour because it is more of a pain to set up for a shorter period of time. 

When I was teaching overseas years ago, I tutored a family's young daughter in English so she could pass the test to get into the school I taught at.  I didn't know what to charge, but at the first meeting they handed me a $100USD bill. And did so at each subsequent tutoring session. I was so thankful when that little girl got into kindergarten.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  We're ALL awake!  I gorgot to check dh's alarm clock, which automatically switches time when daylight savings time ends.  But it is old and switches on the OLD dates.  So he overslept by an hour today.   But he's at work and all good.  Dc are getting ready.  Ds32 is even up.  I don't know why.

Oh well, for me!!

Working til 6 or 7.  Leftovers for supper.

Our clock does that too.  It's very annoying for one week in Fall and a few weeks in Spring.

This is the last week of my first 8 week session teaching at my new science center.  It went really well and really fast.  Next week I'm off (I put a week between each session to make-up snow days), then I start the next 8 week session.  I will be spending that week planning classes, finding some things in my garage, fully cleaning my classrooms, and getting my house in order.   I wasn't a good housekeeper before opening the science center, and being away from home 6 or so hours a day hasn't improved things.  Oh well.

• Like 3

No fish?  :sad:

I know of people who have slept in hammocks on a regular basis.  There's one kid in MN who sleeps in a hammock on his front porch.  I have slept in a hammock in the forest.  I think it would be incredibly comfortable if I could get the hang of the off-set/side-slant technique, but I always end up in the banana position.  Even then it's not bad.  Hammocks are super cheap on Amazon.

Properly anchoring it will be your biggest challenge.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

On the hammock thing, Slache, I’d give it a whirl with a fabric style hammock. I think the parachute nylon material or cotton stuff is safer with kids than the tiny string style. I know people who sleep in hammocks full time—it’s awesome if you have reflux as you can angle the head hook a bit higher. I assume, though, that you’ll go with a stand since you’ll be renting?

• Like 2