Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Game's almost on.  This one better have only 9 innings.

Go Dodgers!

I agree with the 9 innings part!

I was actually glad that the Dodgers won last night.  The look of joy on Muncy's face was totally worth it for me.  And the fact that he was still in the minors at the beginning of the season -- so excited for him!

Also, I predicted to ds18 that the Red Sox were going to win the Series in 5 games so that they can celebrate at home.  ? 

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

I am back from Gig #2 which was successful despite the other violinist having been "stomach" sick for the past 3 days and mentioned that she forgot to take Imodium before leaving, and also that the wedding was held outdoors and it was 54 degrees and we were freezing our fingers off.  Our instruments did not appreciate the cold, either.  But the people got married and we got several complements on the music, so all is well.  

I got home and the stove was turned on with no flame.  Stinky.  The windows are open now.  The rest of the family is still at the church bonfire/corn-hole tournament.  I'm gonna make myself some popcorn for dinner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Jean is hired as a tenor.

A long, long time ago in the galaxy, when I was directing my own adult choir, I would sing the different parts on occasion to illustrate what I wanted.  I always like tenor.  I never really liked alto.  I just felt that tenor parts tended to have more interesting notes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Need advice.  My driver's license is up for renewal.  It is a six year license.  But in two years the license won't be able to be used for ID for air travel.

For twenty more bucks I can go ahead now and apply for my Enhanced driver's license which is eligible for use as ID in air travel.  But it is more of a pain to get. 

But I'm thinking that I should pay the extra $20 and spend the time now and get it done? 

There's a thread on the Chat board about someone getting the better license in CA.  Do you have your marriage license?  ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We Thrilled the World today. We were a small group in Austin; we won't have the round-the-world numbers for a few days yet. Several of us had been at the first one in 2004. Two of my former hula students were there. :-o One of them had been at the first one with me (but there were over 800 other Thrillers there so we missed each other). I am sore all over; hula does not prepare you for doing this. Srsly.

Each year, the woman who organizes it and I talk about what we can do next year to get a bigger crowd, because it's just more awesome to have several hundred people doing the zombie march. ? But I think Austin is just over it. Short attention span or something. :-)

I will refrain from reminding Junie that she missed her booya.

That is all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  It's Reformation Sunday.

Way to Thrill the World, Queen Ellie!! 

No one in our family is doing anything special in the services today, so we should all be home for lunch (except ds23 who is running sound).  I have absolutely nothing to serve for lunch.  Wait - we could have chef salad.  That might work.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Morning. I am nursing a sore neck. Already medicated and have the heat pack in place. I have a good bit of writing to get through today. Dispatched DH to collect groceries. Other than that, I'm tired, but doing okay depression-wise. I felt really good yesterday, but this morning I'm not quite so steady. I blame my sore neck, though. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good morning. Husband woke me up at stupid o clock and I never got back to sleep. I am exhausted. I am ready to be done being exhausted.

We're starting our next habit journals this week. Mine is to lose weight, his is to lose weight, the family's is to spend more time together.

Church.

School prep.

Fall Festival.

• Like 4

We were bad. We didn't go. One DC had to be somewhere from 1-3. Youngest has to go at 3:45 for rehearsal before her first orchestra concert at 5. And we had friends over last night and dh had to go pick up 2nd oldest from a party late last night. So I decided we needed at least s little bit of rest today. 

(((Jean))). Hope you get to rest after church. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

She is in the beginning orchestra.  They are playing Gypsy Rondo, Scandinavian Fiddle Suite, and Four Royal Dances.  CKYO has four orchestras.  The Symphony level is playing Beethoven's 5th!  Yay!   

Nice!  Wish I could hear them play!  I love the Scandinavian Fiddle Suite - dd15 and I played a duet of the 3rd tune for my dad's birthday party.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Thanks giving is three weeks from Thursday. (Insert Willy-Nilly guy) I got out the Thanksgiving Binder. (Duh-duh)

I refuse to print out my Thanksgiving WORD document until the 3rd week of November. I have until then to consider and ultimately reject new recipes. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Church was good. Except for one older woman who always takes the request for prayer requests as an excuse for a political rant. I really don’t think that belongs in church and it makes me uncomfortable. 

I totally agree. Politics and church going should remain separate. At our old church, there was a pulpit supply pastor (aka substitute when the real pastor wasn’t there) and he always worked politics into his sermons. I agreed with his political stance, but it always always made me uncomfortable when he did that.

• Like 4

We combine church and politics but in a very short, non-ranty way. I like how we handle it.

I put my foot down on 2 things. I'm sending Matt on a special trip to replace the snoring thing he lost camping because I have not slept well since September and he refuses to stop on the way home or make a special trip and I'm so tired I broke down crying in the shower. I had a discussion with John who wanted to change his chore time 2 weeks ago because I'm tired of doing the chores he didn't get to so we're moving chore time back to when it was.

That woman gave me nasty looks but didn't complain. I got no negative hair comments.

• Like 4

I did the housework and the school prep and I ate because everyone else is eating at the thing tonight.

I made my needs/wishlist doc but I'm printing a calendar for our sick journal so I'm waiting until January to start.

I have to watch an IEW DVD.

I'm tired.

• Like 5