Menu

Ignore this thread!

I really just want to do something today other than.... budget stuff, 15 minutes of sanding baseboards, filling and running the dishwasher and folding laundry.  I want to go for a drive in New England and see some autumn leaves and have a COFFEE~D somewhere and spend the night in a b&b. Is that really too much to Ask?

• Like 1

After the disaster that was this this camping trip MIL is trying to get Matt to surprise me with a family (MIL/FIL/Us and kids) camping trip in NM in a rented camper. She has been trying to talk us into a camper so we can go on family vacations every spring break and summer. I don't want a camper.

Good morning!  :dry:

We were rudely woken at 6:30 by what sounds like a 50-foot pogo stick jumping in the parking lot.  It's keeping at a steady 60 per minute.  This hotel better have some strong coffee.  Ds23 says it's 40 per minute.  Still going strong.

We'll go pick up the girls in a while to go visit a neaby national archaology site (ancient mounds) and then stop by a local international food and arts festival.  There will be Phillipine music and dancing And banboo tinikling at 2:00.  Later back on campus is a festival kind of thing and fireworks and then we drive home.  

COFFEE!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

But still play without a hitch? And it's completely free?

There are 45 million players. Svengo.

It’s “free”, but in order to advance, or something.... I don’t know.... there are things you have to buy. Just like everything else. DS1 has spent a lot of $ playing that stupid game, but whatever. It’s his $.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, we do it. (Well, not we. I don’t do it. My boys do it,” I am not thrilled.... but good grief. You choose your battles. No pun intended.

John gets 20 minutes of games every Saturday. He started with Oregon Trail and is now doing Star Wars Battlefront. The kids at the playground were doing "Fortnight" (I guess acting out the video game on the playground) and he's interested.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s “free”, but in order to advance, or something.... I don’t know.... there are things you have to buy. Just like everything else. DS1 has spent a lot of $ playing that stupid game, but whatever. It’s his $.

At least he plays, my youngest bought a battle pass and won't even play it but like you said it's his money!

I got my COFFEE!!!~D

I am putting up my autumn stuff. And it’s kind of weird because my regular fireplace-mantle stuff... I won’t see it again till after New Year’s. That just seems weird. Especially since it’s still hot out. Although we did drop 12 degrees from yesterday. And i’ve Got college sportsball on, so Fall is in the air.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

oh wow - DH just brought home a salmon steak that a friend caught just 11 days ago in Alaska! It is the most gorgeous orangey-pink I've ever seen. I'm not even a huge salmon fan, but I think I could like this. lol 

There’s something to be said about fresh fish!!

• Like 1

So, last night at the Afsa I bought a package of 6 rolls for sub sandwiches for tonight. I looked at the package today.... there are only 5 rolls.? I asked my family, no one took a roll. Which means..... someone stole one at the Afsa and I didn’t notice there was one missing till I got home. Well, thr Afsa is in the neighboring town, so there’s no way i’m Driving over there, waiting in line to talk to a manager, blah, blah, blah.?I certainly will not be eating the rest of those rolls. Who knows whose dirty thieving hands were in that bag. I think I will run to the Chinese place and get dinner. It’s only the girls and me tonight anyway. I don’t feel like cooking.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Fortnight. Yay or nay?

Yea, but my kids don't play it.  I don't have a problem with it, they just think it's stupid.   Unusual for them to not be on the latest video game bandwagon.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Y'all would've laughed at me if you could've seen it.  I climbed up onto the bathroom counter to wipe the lights.  Then I couldn't figure out how to get down.

I've done that.  I no longer jump off anything since the time I hopped off my dryer and my knee popped out.  I wasn't even standing on it, just sitting so it was literally only about 2 feet to the ground.  

Today I cleaned the bathroom, which was absolutely disgusting, but then dh washed the dog in the tub so it already doesn't look great.  We seem to have a super-dusty bathroom so it gets dingy really really fast.  

I'm also doing laundry and preparing for next week's classes.   

I'm a totally secular homeschooler and I teach science based on generally accepted scientific principles and using mostly college or high school textbooks, along with the vast collection of resources I have from 9 years of homeschooling, a Biology degree, 7 years as a 4-H leader, 10 years as a docent, etc.  I was seriously considering getting an Apologia book since the labs are designed to be done at home, and while some things in my classroom are a better set-up than a home, I don't have a full hood or other things that come up in the books I have.   I was thinking I could just look at the labs and ignore everything else and maybe it wouldn't drive me nuts.  I managed to get my hands on a free copy of Exploring Creation with Physics.    And that's a great big NOPE.  I can't do it.  I read one page on Newton and couldn't go on.   I didn't really NEED another book anyway.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I colored my hair and dd's hair and did a tiny bit more cleaning.  Everyone has full bellies now because ds32 got too hungry and ordered chick-fil-a delivery.  

I didn't know this was a thing.  Good thing for us we live too far from a chick-fil-a...

• Like 1

I drove 3 hours or so. Starbucks saved me from falling asleep while driving. We had an excellent meeting. My problem person missed half the meeting. And was on pretty good behavior. We got lots of stuff discussed- or really explained to me because I am new to this part of camp prep.  

I have to set another meeting for next month with different people. 

We are 3/4 of the way home. We stopped at Chick fil A for dinner. Dd came with me and helped babysit. 

• Like 4