Menu

Ignore this thread!

PSA, if you take slim fast and eat a meal on top of it you're not going to lose weight.  If you eat the same amount of food or more that you normally eat, even if it is healthy, you're not going to lose weight.  If you snack in the middle of the night, every night, you will not lose weight.  Just thought I'd put that out there!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

PSA, if you take slim fast and eat a meal on top of it you're not going to lose weight.  If you eat the same amount of food or more that you normally eat, even if it is healthy, you're not going to lose weight.  If you snack in the middle of the night, every night, you will not lose weight.  Just thought I'd put that out there!

I attribute my weight loss to...

• Drinking only water (I had a juice/soda problem)
  • Extreme fitness
  • Whole30
  • Lots and lots of d*mn walking
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Is it your last meal?

I just threw up my last "meal".  I have a feeling that I will never want to eat bundt cake again.  Go me!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

After extensive reading we have decided that I am not a psychopath or a sociopath. Yay me!

I worry sometimes that I have narcissistic disorder or something like that and when my kids are in their 40's they will finally realize why they are so messed up.  I have no reason to believe my kids will be messed up and I'm pretty sure I don't have a serious personality disorder, but l still worry about it sometimes.

• Sad 3

Good Morning.

Happy Thursday!

I had a really horrendous migraine last night at church.  I had to leave the service early and try to find a dark, quiet room.  I finally ended up sitting in the van waiting for the rest of the family to be finished.  ?

I usually experience euphoria the morning after a migraine.  I do not feel euphoric.

The headache is much, much, much better, but it is not gone.

I am eating while ITTing so that I can throw down some meds and go back to bed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Almost 4:30 am and my mind is busier than a hound dog with fleas. I did sleep before now but woke up to my mind chewing on camp problems. I am not a fast thinker. I am a mull things over and carefully rewrite my thoughts as things become clearer thinker. . Unfortunately a lot of my mental mulling and rewriting seems to go on in the middle of the night. 

• Like 6

Good morning. It's fishing day. I'm not going. I need to make a more personal to do list. Some school, prepare a recording of a morning core workout thing I want to start doing, maybe some Konmarie. Coffee!

7 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Nope, not a teen.

Feel free to ignore me. Weight loss is just my thing. Adults are capable of more sincere communication when they want to. There's more than one way to move. Dance, weights, running. We have changed our family culture to include regular hikes. I'm frequently sharing pictures of beautiful hikes online and people assume I love hiking. I hate hiking. And mountain climbing. But it's good for me and great for the kids so I do them.

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I just threw up my last "meal".  I have a feeling that I will never want to eat bundt cake again.  Go me!

I worry sometimes that I have narcissistic disorder or something like that and when my kids are in their 40's they will finally realize why they are so messed up.  I have no reason to believe my kids will be messed up and I'm pretty sure I don't have a serious personality disorder, but l still worry about it sometimes.

I worry that I'm in a coma and everything I believe about life is a lie. You might have a condition but it's not NPD or similar. We would see that.

Sometimes I wonder if people think I have a condition because I have a problem with both my mother and my MIL. It would make so much more sense if I was the problem and I thought for a long time that I was.

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ministry would be easy if it weren’t for people. 

So much truth.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning.

Happy Thursday!

I had a really horrendous migraine last night at church.  I had to leave the service early and try to find a dark, quiet room.  I finally ended up sitting in the van waiting for the rest of the family to be finished.  ?

I usually experience euphoria the morning after a migraine.  I do not feel euphoric.

The headache is much, much, much better, but it is not gone.

I am eating while ITTing so that I can throw down some meds and go back to bed.

I'm really sorry, babe. 

It's a fishcorecoffeefitnessmentalministryheahache BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

Good morning!  Where's Lynn?

Hope your head settles down, Junie!  

I'm mostly awake.  Not feeling sick, just tired.  Dh took dd15 to tutorial on his way to work. Except for picking up dd15 this afternoon, I don't have anything going on today.  ?  It's raining again, and 63 degrees.  The high today is supposed to be 65, but the rain should end today and we are headed for a glorious weekend!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

We’re supposed to hit triple digits today. Dawn, Ima comin’!! Prepare the guest room!!!

Today I finish the crown moulding in the bedroom. It looks good. Then I start sanding all the trim everywhere else. We decided to give painting the great room a shot. It would be horribly expensive to hire out and I am sick of it. The walls are filthy and no amount of scrubbing gets them clean.

• Like 6

Hi.  I'm here.  13yo ds has been delivered to his 8:00 class.  

(((Susan)))  Sorry you got sick!  I wonder about the NPD stuff sometimes too.  It's probably normal to wonder about it sometimes, unless you really are.  Then you probably don't suspect yourself, lol.

Junie, hope the headache continues to fade.

Slache, that would be a cool autocorrect.  Much better than just fish.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ministry would be easy if it weren’t for people. 

And the correlary to that maxim is....Parenting would be easy if it weren’t for children.

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The dog down the street that I thought was a Bouvier is actually a Giant Schnauzer. I thought that you would want to know. 

I have no idea what a Bouvier is (although wasn’t that Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis’ maiden name?), but I’m glad you clarified that.

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh dear, Susan. I hope you are not getting sick.

8 hours ago, Slache said:

After extensive reading we have decided that I am not a psychopath or a sociopath. Yay me!

Well, thank goodness. I was getting worried.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

We’re supposed to hit triple digits today. Dawn, Ima comin’!! Prepare the guest room!!!

Today I finish the crown moulding in the bedroom. It looks good. Then I start sanding all the trim everywhere else. We decided to give painting the great room a shot. It would be horribly expensive to hire out and I am sick of it. The walls are filthy and no amount of scrubbing gets them clean.

Ain't no sunshine when "she's" gone.

I suspect my walls are also filthy but I try to ignore them.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Openhearted said:

Come on over, Krissi!

It is now raining again. High of 60 today. It is still 56 and I am wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

I’m in a tank top and flip flops. (Insert driving off guy).

(If i’m Good can we have some hot spice cider?? I’ll bring my fuzzy throw))

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Can anyone give me any info on the keto diet?  Any cookbook recommendations? 

Ketotonic diets originally started out as treatment for people with seizure disorders or difficult to control diabetes.  We looked into it a decade ago with re: to dd's seizures, and my SIL is still on it for medical reasons.  On the boards here, I usually see people referring to it as LCHF---low carb high fat---and you may want to search for threads with that acronym.  

As to the diet itself, the notion is that you eat so very low carb that your body is forced to burn fat, which it burns as ketones.  There are some dangers in the diet itself--if you cut out your grains and legumes and don't substitute it with enough leafy veggies, etc. your gallbladder can get overwhelmed. This may just look like diarrhea, or it can be more serious.  Likewise, ketoacidosis is another risk....all of the ketones are acidic.  Ketoacidosis is more of a risk if you're diabetic (it's fairly rare outside of diabetes) but the kidney, liver, and other risk of organ damage is real.   Muscle wasting is another potential problem---burning muscle produces more calories than fat, and some studies have shown a loss of lean muscle tissue. Others have not. This study shows that if you have sufficient protein, there shouldn't be muscle wasting: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

Keto, IMO, is one of the most extreme diets out there. It's beyond paleo and Atkins in the LCHF diet. And for some bizarre reason, it has become normalized as the latest "thing" to do in weight loss. Aside from the severe health conditions mentioned above, I *don't* think it's advisable to go that extreme.  Honestly, most people would be best served if they ate at least half a plate of veggies at most meals, 1/4 lean protein (legumes, fish, chicken, etc.), and 1/4 whole grain carbs (gluten issues aside). Watch your macros for sure---your ratios are easily tracked in my fitness pal....most people eat way too many carbs....but don't risk tanking your organs over a fad diet which is not a sustainable life choice.

• Like 3

Local school district is having parent conferences so the neighbor kids are out of school. My kids finished (?) their school work so fast.... now they are outside having lunch  together. I am being the nice mom who made quesadillas. They are such nice kids, though, so I am not being picky about schoolwork today.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Ok. I KM'd accessories. So hats, gloves, jewelry, ties and bags. Now all clothes (folded shirts, under things, exercise clothes and pants) and accessories are in one shared dresser and coats, hanging shirts and shoes are in the closet. I did clothes a few weeks ago. The goal is to fit everything we own in a trailer so we don't have to pay for a Uhaul. I'm reading her second book and going slowly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2