Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

Kids have Enrichment Academy!! Then we’re taking lunch to MIL for her birthday. Then home again, home again jiggety jig! Then piano lessons. Then Awana.

Susan, your fudge sauce recipe sounds a lot like mine.

Slashie, step away from the gummies!!

Dawn, I’ll take one of your kittens!!

• Like 4

Good morning. I slept in. Bloop.

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  We're up!  !!

Working til around 7, and doubt anything else will get done.  I do have to return a library book during lunch.  Probably chicken Caesar salads for supper.  

Have a great day, y'all!

I did not mean to quote this.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

Kids have Enrichment Academy!! Then we’re taking lunch to MIL for her birthday. Then home again, home again jiggety jig! Then piano lessons. Then Awana.

Susan, your fudge sauce recipe sounds a lot like mine.

Slashie, step away from the gummies!!

Dawn, I’ll take one of your kittens!!

I eateded then all.

55 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Today is laundry/clean bathrooms day. Woohoo.

Or should I say "Arrrrr!"?

Samesies!

• Like 6

Good afternoon. I spent the morning compiling my mid-year review of how I'm doing this year. Conclusion: the year was a really tough one, I survived, and it's no wonder I feel tired.

Had surgery for a mass, turned out not to be cancer! Yay!

Revised my current manuscript four times! Including a line edit that I did myself before a developmental edit. All 120K words of it. Got it down to 112K.

Wrote many poems and short stories

Queried 41 agents, got 33 rejections, 6 no responses, 6 requests, flunked out of 6 writing contests.

Got a Smartphone in advance of contest 3 and learned basic Twitter in a week.

Participated in five pitch contests and had requests in four of them.

Critiqued multiple query letters and first chapters for fellow writers, and made writing buddies.

Painted a ton of things, and now have to plan and prepare for an art show next year.

Lost a few chickens, but no cats or dogs of my own this year. Yet, although my very elderly cat is very elderly.

Worked a lot.

Boys went on vacation and I got to stay home.

Am about 12K away from completing the first draft of the sequel to my MS, have another MS in the works, and for some crazy reason thought I'd like to try a graphic novel. Have started the concept drawings, and the story is already done. Joining up with some new critique partners to work on it.

No wonder I'm tired! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

It's insane feeling nauseated with a migraine, sore hips a sore back and sore feet, having a stuffed up head and a sore throat, heart palpitations and sweating, feeling cloudy headed and too weak to do anything with my gums and nose bleeding knowing that that's just how I used to live on a daily basis. I am not complaining. I am very grateful not to live like this anymore.

14 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

It's hooooooooottt.

Shhhh! No it's not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

We are back from the places.  The 1700's historic home was very good - not anywhere near as crowded as usual, so the kids got to do their crafts and the activities without waiting forever in the hot sun.  They do the same things every year and still get excited about them - candle dipping, corn husk dolls, hanky dolls, spinner picture, the fiddler and guitar who sing stories, washing and hanging laundry, and writing with quill and ink.  

The gun smith explained where the saying "mad as a hatter" came from, and where Lewis Carroll got his Mad Hatter character.  Apparently, beaver skin hats were all the rage, especially in England, but they couldn't be washed.  Hatters would clean them by rubbing mercury on them.  The mercury would seep through their skin and eventually the mercury build-up would get to their brains and they would go wacky. ( The gunsmith said when he was a little boy, his teacher put a little ball of mercury on everyone's hand for them to play with.  Great fun!  And it has only slightly addled his brain.  :biggrin:)

I dropped the kids off at home with instructions for dd15 to read two chapters for story time while I ran to Aldi.  Groceries are now put away and it's time for

Coffee!!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

John asked me if he could skip spelling this week to work on his poetry and I said sure. Apparently, he knows nothing about poetry. I guess we should buy that Michael Clay Thompson book that I keep claiming we're going to buy.

It dawned on me after I wrote this that he asked to work on his poetry. Because, you know, it's such a pastime of his. I wonder where he nabbed the phrase.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have yet again survived children's choir.  It went well, really.  Dh and I are not yet on the same page as to what is going to happen at the end of class.  We will work on that.  Also, I have discovered that I am not OK with it when another teacher inserts comments or suggestions during my teaching time.  I am apparently very type A in that regard.  Recovering with chocolate chips.  I need water.

I reserved the backcountry campsite for our upcoming backpacking trip.  It's just hiking to a waterfall and then back the next day.  I will be bringing the camp toilet along.  I don't care if real backpackers scoff at me.  It folds "flat" and weighs less than 3lbs, so well worth it in my book.  

• Like 4