Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Well, we hung out with legos and had some dinner and now are less tetchy with each other.

First day of school tomorrow!!  Freaking out!!

I’m making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast tomorrow.  You can’t be grumpy after that, right?

I don't know. Bring me some and I'll see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Susan!  How was the concert?

It was pretty good.  I only played a couple unauthorized solos, but they were soft pizzacattos so I don't think anyone heard them.  :biggrin:   Ds13 was almost overcome with enthusiasm when he got to meet the cello soloist after the concert.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Well, we hung out with legos and had some dinner and now are less tetchy with each other.

First day of school tomorrow!!  Freaking out!!

I’m making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast tomorrow.  You can’t be grumpy after that, right?

Mmmmmmm, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.......... we’ll be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!???

Hot and smoky!!  The smoke is slightly better. They are starting to get a handle on the Ferguson Fire which is at Yosemite. I think that’s the one that’s most directly affecting our air quality.

I joined the ITT Insomniacs Club last night. I fell asleep, woke up about midnight and couldn’t fall back to sleep for a couple hours.

We’re easing in to school today. Latin, history, math and Lit for my two olders. My two little will just do math and history.

• Like 3

So much fun this morning. The laptop screen bit the dust. It's been coming, but man--couldn't it have waited until the end of the year? No. It conked out on me this morning, and I spent my writing time working with my brother over the phone to figure out what was wrong. Good thing it was the screen. I am hooked up to the desktop monitor and I can continue to work on my editing and revision for now. But now my back hurts, my concentration is shot, and I am at the wrong desk for writing, we have no CPU monitor if I'm using it, and I hate this desk! I must move it, because my elbows have no place to rest, and that makes everything hurt. 

Sigh. Good news is that I can still work, I'm not dead in the water without a manuscript, and I backed up everything last night (and have been doing so) in preparation for the day when my laptop finally dies. But all in all, not one of my better mornings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

It is frustrating, but Lord, it could have been the laptop. I have backed up everything, but I wouldn't be able to edit and revise anymore, or work on my other stories, or anything that makes my day, you know? At least now I can still work. It's not ideal, but I can work.

Well, I'd have still been writing. Pencil and paper. But it's nice to be able to type that in.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

????????????????

(((All Y'all really need some flowers today.)))

It's been a scramble so far this morning.  I managed to get my laundry in and make some IP hard-cooked eggs.  Helped various kids with music practice.  Did a science lesson! I remembered! ?  Got tomato bisque in the IP after the eggs were done.  Now helping varous kids with various lessons.

Coffee!

• Like 4

P.S.  I'm still in my pj's and robe.  I will need Pantz later to bring kids to children's choir rehearsal and for orchestra rehearsal.

Oh very nice.  A Pantzless Booyah!

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville
*All Rights Reserved*  

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,
I was happy to dawdle,
Until Mom told me my work must be done.
Now here it is sunset, 
And she won't let me drop it,
I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:
Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville
Hoping that there's a whole hour of art
Some people say that there is knowledge to gain
But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',
All this logic and reason,
Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!
When I could be skatin'
Building forts and be playin'
So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks!

Refrain:
But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled
Dropped my pencil and fumbled
Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,
But Mom isn't buying,
All these tricks that I'm trying,
And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:
And so I must play the part  

Wasted away again in overplanningville
Lookin for my lost teacher's manual
Some people claim
That it's the Hive that's to blame
But I know (ba ba bum bum bum)
It's my own dang fault. 

Wasting away again in Math'n'Grammarville
Looking for those lost hours of sleep
Some people say that there's no way it'll work
And I say, bleeep-ity-bleep-bleep-bleep 

(No kittens were harmed in the creation of this song.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I seem to have trouble keeping up with this thread. Also, I keep getting logged out, which doesn't help with my bothering to post. I was so super brainfoggy this morning... I hate it when days are like that. I fell asleep at like 9:15 last night, but forgot to take my Abilify, so I took it at 2:15 when I woke up, went pretty much right back to sleep, woke up at 7:15, but even after 3 coffees I was still out of it until roughly now... noon. Anyway, hope everyone has been doing fine. 

• Like 8

Good morning.  Today is my last day of taking care of the dog boarding business across the street.  I have an intake of a new dog in a half hour.  I will be glad when the neighbor/ business owner comes home tonight.  It has been a bit of a pain esp. because now I feel like her human boarder is critiquing everything I do  (I had another encounter with him last night when I went to take out her garbage.  He insisted that he should do it even though his landlord (my friend) has said that he hasn't once taken out the garbage or been asked to take out the garbage in the year he's lived there.  I sort of feel like I'm in this weird tug of war and I'm not sure why.  Wouldn't it be easier to just mind your own business?) 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, luuknam said:

I seem to have trouble keeping up with this thread. Also, I keep getting logged out, which doesn't help with my bothering to post. I was so super brainfoggy this morning... I hate it when days are like that. I fell asleep at like 9:15 last night, but forgot to take my Abilify, so I took it at 2:15 when I woke up, went pretty much right back to sleep, woke up at 7:15, but even after 3 coffees I was still out of it until roughly now... noon. Anyway, hope everyone has been doing fine. 

Hey girl!  I go through spurts of getting logged out all the time, too.  Very annoying.  Hope you have a better night of sleep tonight!  How are the young vegetables?  Started school yet/again/as always?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey girl!  I go through spurts of getting logged out all the time, too.  Very annoying.  Hope you have a better night of sleep tonight!  How are the young vegetables?  Started school yet/again/as always?

They were at camp last week. This week we've done a few educational-y things. They finished Rosetta Stone and do Duolingo now, they read some books and wrote a few facts about the country they read about, they're watching Origins right now, I made them play outside for an hour. Brainfog is back though. It's hard to function like this. DW says she's been having brainfog too though, so maybe it's not the Abilify. 

• Like 4

And I had Celery practice his guitar some. The violin was a rental though so we don't have that one at the moment. I'm contemplating whether to buy one for Broccoli... the shops in town only rent 1/4 sizes though, they don't sell them. They only sell full size. I'm sure you can buy 1/4 size violins online too though... and quite possibly not even have them be completely terrible? Ideas?

• Like 2

My neck hurts so bad. Time to eat, get meds, and then go edit hard copy away from this desk for a while. DH plans to hook me up to an old television that he used to use when he lived all those years in the camper. Glad we kept it. Then I can be at my proper desk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luuknam said:

And I had Celery practice his guitar some. The violin was a rental though so we don't have that one at the moment. I'm contemplating whether to buy one for Broccoli... the shops in town only rent 1/4 sizes though, they don't sell them. They only sell full size. I'm sure you can buy 1/4 size violins online too though... and quite possibly not even have them be completely terrible? Ideas?

Shar Music is a reputable source for online violin purchases. I have bought used clearance violins and bows from them before. Also try  Fiddlerman (Fiddlershop.com)  We have gotten bows and strings from them - their instruments seem very solid.

• Like 2

My friend just texted me this convo between her and her daughter: 

Ella: What school work do I do?
Me: Whatever your assignment page tells you to do. Go do Monday's work. 
Ella: *deer in headlights* Monday? 
Me: Yes..today is Monday. 
Ella: But, Monday was LAST week?!

I feel ya, girl. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Today is my last day of taking care of the dog boarding business across the street.  I have an intake of a new dog in a half hour.  I will be glad when the neighbor/ business owner comes home tonight.  It has been a bit of a pain esp. because now I feel like her human boarder is critiquing everything I do  (I had another encounter with him last night when I went to take out her garbage.  He insisted that he should do it even though his landlord (my friend) has said that he hasn't once taken out the garbage or been asked to take out the garbage in the year he's lived there.  I sort of feel like I'm in this weird tug of war and I'm not sure why.  Wouldn't it be easier to just mind your own business?) 

Should we designate the "confused" smiley to mean that the ENB is on the way?  It would be so efficient. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Sent the ENB to Jean

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Should we designate the "confused" smiley to mean that the ENB is on the way?  It would be so efficient. 

Gave you a trophy for a great idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Busy day today! My mil was here in the morning, had a doctor appt. this afternoon for oldest DS and me. The kids had youth group this afternoon and tonight I took oldest DS to his school for registration.  Bleh! Now, I am tired and I desparately need to go to bed. I took all my herbs. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

• Like 3