Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If anyone can come up with a commercial use for sagebrush, they will be a billionaire. 

Come on, ITT - invent!  INVENT!!  We have to get a move on the ITT Island!

Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I agree, you can do it Susan!

Lynn-What are y'all going to start next week?

lunch was delicious and the conversation even more so, I got part of my Amazon order, the rest should be here on Monday.  I'm just waiting now to take dd to work.  I'm in pain, I tweaked something in my shoulder and it's killing me, I'm hoping to not have to go to the doctor for this.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better!

So, we're starting almost everything next week.  Except the two who are doing OYAN and the one doing Byline will start those programs the week after.  And youngest dd will start about half her subjects next week and the rest the week after.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paige said:

It's Mr Paige and my anniversary! 

We are doing nothing. We've been married so long that it's fine. We'll go out with Baby for lunch or something Sat, but the kids are really offended on our behalf. ?  I got DH a travel steamer because I'm romantic. 

Happy Anniversary!!

• Like 1

Editing-Po. Ahem. I am under 111,000 words now. I could probably query at that number and get some interest. I have over half my chapters left where I could do some trimming, so I won't query just yet. But end of August I will be ready.

I painted more of my sunflower picture today. I think it is beautiful. I am starting to think I might have a little talent in this area, and I am looking forward to spending a little more time on it. My art teacher has booked a show for our class in May. I am supposed to have six to eight pieces done, framed, and some with price tags on them. Gulp.

I am tired. My back hurts, but it's been a good day. I've been very depressed in the afternoons, and discovered that I have mostly been forgetting to eat lunch. No wonder. Ate today, no afternoon despair. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

You know I was teasing right? 

Also, I tried to message you this, but it says you can't receive messages. Has this been a forum problem or ?? 
I tried messaging someone else a few weeks ago and I got the same message. 

Yes. I still did the thing. I'm glad the thing is done. We have a goodwill box ready.

My inbox is probably full. I'll fix that in a few.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, can never ketchup to this. Anyway. Work is good but why are men so bad at empathy in general? Just so bad at applying their brains to the questions of, "does this sound remotely believable?" and "am I doing this for them or for me?" Why? It seems like even if you could not be a natural you could apply basic logic and experience to questions and get a better answer than, "This is fine, I'll do what is easiest and that is the best choice."

• Like 6

@Jean in Newcastle I don't have a use for sagebrush but one time we were standing in the street in our suburban Pacific Northwest neighborhood, so like 3-4 miles north of you at most, and as we chit-chatted about kids and school... 

La la la...

A tumbleweed just tumbled by. 

Legit old west style, bouncing along in a very light breeze.

We did not see where it went. It disappeared into nowhere like it came from, perhaps behind a tree.

Have never seen one up here before nor since.

#sagebrushisnottumbleweedbutstill

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I want coffe for evenings. I don't like decaf. Coffee is thick and filling. That's what I want. Wine is essentially what I'm looking for, but something non-alcoholic. Hot or cold. Not obscenely sugary like horchata.

Water.  Water is your friend.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Editing-Po. Ahem. I am under 111,000 words now. I could probably query at that number and get some interest. I have over half my chapters left where I could do some trimming, so I won't query just yet. But end of August I will be ready.

I painted more of my sunflower picture today. I think it is beautiful. I am starting to think I might have a little talent in this area, and I am looking forward to spending a little more time on it. My art teacher has booked a show for our class in May. I am supposed to have six to eight pieces done, framed, and some with price tags on them. Gulp.

I am tired. My back hurts, but it's been a good day. I've been very depressed in the afternoons, and discovered that I have mostly been forgetting to eat lunch. No wonder. Ate today, no afternoon despair. 

I started reading a novel by a local author and I just keep wishing he had your editing skills and mettle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes.

Slache is stalking me. But yes.

We stopped at the grocery store for simple dinner things. Then we got Juliet from across the street. And I got instructions for taking over the dog boarding business for a few days. After dinner, I drove dh to the airport long term parking lot where he had left his car. Now I still have to get my blankety blank steps. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

Welcome home, Jean!

I was planning to finish up the freezer meal shopping and cooking this weekend, but now that I have the concert and rehearsal, I don't think there will be any time for it.  I can probably get a good chunk done today if I get moving fast.

Coffee!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Oh my gosh, can never ketchup to this. Anyway. Work is good but why are men so bad at empathy in general? Just so bad at applying their brains to the questions of, "does this sound remotely believable?" and "am I doing this for them or for me?" Why? It seems like even if you could not be a natural you could apply basic logic and experience to questions and get a better answer than, "This is fine, I'll do what is easiest and that is the best choice."

Thanks for reminding me this can be a man thing.

• Like 3

I have been up since 2. I would like to blame a critique I got, but in reality it's just my usual insomnia. Did a big critique and I am done with critiques for this month I think. Yay! Nothing to do but keep nipping away at my word count and preparing for September querying. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1