Menu

Ignore this thread!

We want a new meal plan delivery service but I like our Blue Apron driver. I think I am PMS because I am getting teary to think of losing him. What if the other service doesn't have such a good driver?

He always smiles and says "you're welcome!" when I say thank you and writes a thank you for the Christmas card.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Dude, someone could leave a spare tarp in a parking lot in the metro area and some homeless person would be living under it come morning. ?  When the average worker earns $36k/year, and the average one bedroom apartment is $1200/month, that's a problem. I think that's true all up and down the west coast.

I read recently that in San Francisco, $117K is poverty level, but $70-80K is what the typical "below poverty" family brings in. 
Where I live, $117K is pretty darn cushy and upper middle class. Even $70-80K is feeling like you're rolling in the dough (teachers here start at $33K with a max of $39K for a Bachelors). 

COL is baffling to me. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I have this sleep issue.  I sleep so much better by myself, and my fitbit info proves it.  Dh hates when I sleep anywhere except our bed.

On my when-we-have-money-and-space list is a bed for myself in another room. DH will be overjoyed to get the bed to himself, though. I'm quite squirmy, and when I can't sleep, I get up and write in the kitchen. An office with a bed and my big writing desk will be welcome.

• Like 4

I am seriously thinking about checking my blood sugar in the mornings to see if it is low. This faint and feeling sick is getting old after so many years of it. And I didn't get up early today, either.

Editing and critiquing today. Caffeine first.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Didn't get to sleep until 3am.  I managed to kill a spider and deal with frozen peaches at 6am without dying.  I am trying to decide if I should go to Aldi this morning as planned or go back to bed.  So far the coffee is not helping.

More coffee?

Always!  Except maybe not today - I vote you get more sleep.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

Today, my name is Cap'n and my car is the Jolly Roger because I am apparently taking a pirate to speech and OT. 

I forgot to tell you yesterday, but those photos of her were adorable!!

and this is an Adorable Pirate-girl Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h Baby!!
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Didn't get to sleep until 3am.  I managed to kill a spider and deal with frozen peaches at 6am without dying.  I am trying to decide if I should go to Aldi this morning as planned or go back to bed.  So far the coffee is not helping.

More coffee?

No dying, as per ITT Handbook. 

You should go back to bed. I really want to, but it never works for me,

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Southern Ivy said:

I read recently that in San Francisco, $117K is poverty level, but $70-80K is what the typical "below poverty" family brings in. 
Where I live, $117K is pretty darn cushy and upper middle class. Even $70-80K is feeling like you're rolling in the dough (teachers here start at $33K with a max of $39K for a Bachelors). 

COL is baffling to me. 

San Francisco is completely out of control. Anywhere in the Bay Area is unaffordable for most normal people. I wouldn’t want to live in SF, though. The homeless problem is astronomical, the politics are nuts, COL is insane. The only 2 things I think it has going for it are 1) the weather - when it is 105 degrees here it is 65 degrees in SF; and 2) it is beautiful in situation- the ocean, the Bay.... gorgeous.

• Like 2

You know what I hate?? That it takes my hair two stinkin’ weeks after a haircut to get it the way I like. Finally, yesterday, two weeks after the cut it is the way I like it. But up till then, I was fighting it every day. 

That is all,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yay for anniversaries and nirthdays!  

Critiques are done for the day. I saved the long one for last. Now I need to refresh myself with another shot of caffeine, and get working on my own chapters. Then I said I'd research my books on ancient Egyptian magic for a good curse that could be adapted for a scene my critique partner is working on. Writing fantasy with heavy magic sure does lead down some interesting paths.:biggrin:

• Like 5

I am slurping leftover soup from a tupperware.

I went back to bed for 45 minutes then scrambled out the door to get to the library and Aldi before the heavens opened up their fury upon the earth.  I just barely made it.  

Apparently, I cannot resist buying 12 pints of blueberries when the price falls below $1.30/pint.

Some critter is eating my shasta daisy plants.  Dd11 thinks it's the squirrels.  :angry:

• Like 5

Dinner is in the oven. The boys are looking at their pictures from their vacation. They have promised to unload the dishwasher next. Then I need to get a load going and flip laundry. Next chapter is ready to edit, but I only have two question mark comments to address,  and one of them I will get with the other. But I still need to add words and cut words at the same time.

• Like 5

We had Movie Morning again! Two of five are really affected by the smoke, so we have to stay in.  We watched "Twister". I love that movie.  I really want to be a tornado chaser. And look like Helen Hunt (did 20 years ago).  My life is too boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We went to the roller skating  / laser tag place with friends for a late Un-birthday gathering for youngest dd.  She's been wanting to go forever and her birthday was right in the middle of swim stuff, so we waited until now.  Fun was had by all.  I am SO tired!  World of Dance is on tonight!!

Greatest Showman is one of my favorites!  I still regret that we didn't go to the sing along in the theatre. 

Hi Idaho!  Speaking of spuds, where is Spuds?  

Also, where is Slache?  and Ikslo?  and other peeps?

Forget coffee.  Time to switch to grapes!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

First piano lesson after really long break went great, he still remembered how to play most of his songs!

Dinner is cooking and we'll head to church after that.  Take this thread seriously ladies!

I'm trying to get history planned out. Bleh! 

• Like 1