Menu

What's with the ads?

Brace yourslves, but cottage chhese, frozen mango, vanilla, Oj, and sugar in a smoothie tastes fairly like a creamsicle.

Try it you might like it booyah!

Edited by Spudater
  • Like 11

I want happy kids who are excited to learn all the wondrous things.

Ain't it the truth? 

Mine mostly want to learn only the things that are wondrous to them at the time. Like how to play golf. And how to survive a rampaging volcano. Not at the same time.

• Like 6

Anyone may have my share of any flavor of Oreo ever made. I cannot stand the things. Even if they were GF, I wouldn't eat them.

• Like 2

I want happy kids who are excited to learn all the wondrous things.

I have one. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Brace yourslves, but cottage chhese, frozen mango, vanilla, Oj, and sugar in a smoothie tastes fairly like a creamsicle.

Try it you might like it booyah!

WHAT DID I *JUST* SAY?
  • Like 6

I have one. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

WHAT DID I *JUST* SAY?

I’m broadening your horizons. Now if anyone ever has a gun to your head forcing you to eat cottage cheese you can say, “ok, ok, I give in. But only if you make it into a smoothie.†You know, if you ever get kidnapped by cottage cheese fanatics. Or need extra protein in your diet.

Did you fail to brace?

• Like 7

I want to go hide and eat all the remaining Oreos.

I think I need a vacation at ITT island.

You sound like you’re having the kind of day I am.

It is taking all of my willpower to be reasonably calm and stay out of the chocolate chips.

• Like 6

I just want kids who won’t argue with me about every. Single. Freaking. Thing!! Every. Thing.

Edited: decided to erase my rant.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I’m broadening your horizons. Now if anyone ever has a gun to your head forcing you to eat cottage cheese you can say, “ok, ok, I give in. But only if you make it into a smoothie.†You know, if you ever get kidnapped by cottage cheese fanatics. Or need extra protein in your diet.

Did you fail to brace?

I would rather die.

Well alrighty then. I’ll put a warning at the top next time. ;)

Thank you. I would appreciate that.

That's against the rules.

Then no one hold me at gunpoint and tell me to eat solidified rotten milk.
  • Like 2

Sorry you weren’t a fan, CF!

Well, at least this way I know. If I hadn't finished it I might have wondered.

• Like 1

I messily devoured a cup of frozen blueberries. There will be muffins for dessert tonight, but I couldn't wait for my blueberry fix.

• Like 4

Are you daring me? Because I can't resist a dare. . . .

Yes, but you have to come to me because I won't drive that far for that.
  • Like 3

I just had a spinach/banana/strawberries protein shake. I don’t normally have cravings for sweets but I keep thinking about reece’s peanut butter cups.

• Like 3

Google will probably tell you you can put anything in a smoothie.

I guess you could put just about anything in there. It may not taste good, but you could do it.

• Like 2

A squillion point for ingenuity and patience.

:svengo:

May I suggest you make some hard-boiled eggs before you lose power and keep them in a cooler?

Oh, but those few bites of hot egg were like sunshine on a dark and bitterly cold day!   :laugh:

Actually, hard boiled eggs are very smart.  Dh is headed to the grocery store.  I'll have him grab some extra, just for that.  

I'm also prepping a freezer casserole that we can bake at the church, if we lose power again.  We are all quite tired of take-out.  

I got my coffee-shop coffee, which is good because they posted a sign that they won't even bother opening tomorrow.  Dh's company is taking a snow day, too.  Some places are already contemplating Wednesday cancellations and delays.  

I'm moving south.  Tonight.  

Or maybe west, because #jeanisbossypants.  

• Like 9

If it's 40F, I'm pretty sure it's safe to open the fridge as much as you want. Not the freezer, of course, but the fridge shouldn't be an issue.

True indeed.  Though that was our first morning without power, and we were still in the mid-high 50s.  

And actually I'm a hypocrite, because I left the milk out of the egg, but then realized I wanted it in my lukewarm Candle Coffee, so I grabbed it really fast when no one was looking.  Shh.  Don't tell. 

• Like 7

I just had a spinach/banana/strawberries protein shake. I don’t normally have cravings for sweets but I keep thinking about reece’s peanut butter cups.

This is not how I would solve this problem.
  • Like 5

I never have cold blueberry muffins. They disappear while still hot.

Sadly, also my experience. I thought about taking an extra one and hiding it in the refrigerator for myself, but the way the boys forage lately, I don't think it would escape until breakfast unscathed.

• Like 1

Sadly, also my experience. I thought about taking an extra one and hiding it in the refrigerator for myself, but the way the boys forage lately, I don't think it would escape until breakfast unscathed.

My MIL had her own bin in the fridge. Perhaps you could have something similar? Even just the butter thingy for the occasional treat.
  • Like 1

If you were a fairly large package containing a variety of pepper seeds, where would you have hidden yourself to avoid being planted? I've checked the usual hiding spots.

Edpo:

Did I mention yet that LOF Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology seems to be easier than Pre-Algebra 0 with Physics (formerly known as elementary physics)? So, yeah... with Broccoli I'd probably switch the order of those... not sure about Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics yet, but, I'd definitely do P-A 1 with Bio before P-A 0 with Physics. On the bright side, after really slacking during P-A 0 with Physics, he's really motivated about getting through P-A 1 with Bio quickly so he can get to the economics one. I should probably try to find some material to balance Stan's POV though, since iirc he's a bit too hardcore pro-free market. IIRC he does mention externalities and anticyclical methods, but not much. We'll see, it's probably a couple more weeks before we'll finish P-A 1 with Bio.

I remember reading a bit of one of the Pre-Algebras - maybe it was the economics one? - that bothered me, and I'm fairly conservative.  Don't quote me, but I thought there might have been comments on the Civil War that I didn't like.  I would pre-read as a precaution.  

We stayed home from stuff tonight because several kids have colds.  So I made homemade chicken enchiladas for supper.   :drool5:  :001_tt1:   :drool5:  :001_tt1:   :drool5:

• Like 9

Yeah, iirc I've read the entire book, and there's a brief blurb about the Civil War that needs some further discussion as well. 

ETA: removed quote because you said don't quote me... not sure that's what you meant, but anyway. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

Google will probably tell you you can put anything in a smoothie.

People tell you to put spinach in smoothies...blech. I'd rather have rotten solidified milk smoothies.

• Like 3

People tell you to put spinach in smoothies...blech. I'd rather have rotten solidified milk smoothies.

I always put fresh spinach in smoothies but you can't taste it.

• Like 1

Doctor was extremely pleased. He even lowered one of my meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hurray:

• Like 1

DH got me a Margaritaville for Christmas and my first attempts in Dec were disappointing. I wanted it to make smoothies and icees, not alcoholic drinks, fwiw. I'm addicted to cold, icy, sweet drinks like Icees, frappucinnos, frozen lemonade, slushies, etc. After being sad about it for a few months and googling and getting no help, and thinking I'd have to make pity slushies to make DH feel better about the gift, I suddenly realized how to fix it! I made quite literally the most perfect icees at home tonight! T :hurray: They were better than straight from the icee machine and I can make them in any flavor I want and I only need to plan ahead a few minutes. 

Knock off icees make Mondays better!

• Like 10

Finally heard back that my dad is awake and doing well. It was a much anticipated elective surgery- nothing too serious. Thanks for the P&PT.

• Like 12

I always put fresh spinach in smoothies but you can't taste it.

I'll take your word for it. 

• Like 2

DH got me a Margaritaville for Christmas and my first attempts in Dec were disappointing. I wanted it to make smoothies and icees, not alcoholic drinks, fwiw. I'm addicted to cold, icy, sweet drinks like Icees, frappucinnos, frozen lemonade, slushies, etc. After being sad about it for a few months and googling and getting no help, and thinking I'd have to make pity slushies to make DH feel better about the gift, I suddenly realized how to fix it! I made quite literally the most perfect icees at home tonight! T :hurray: They were better than straight from the icee machine and I can make them in any flavor I want and I only need to plan ahead a few minutes. 

Knock off icees make Mondays better!

:drool5:

We might have to meet up again!

• Like 5

:drool5:

We might have to meet up again!

What kind do you want?

What kind do you want?

Anything but lime.

#randomfoodallergy

• Like 2