Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just now, Slache said:

I got dressed for church and looked in the mirror to discover for the first time in a long time that I don't hate my body. I'm not saying I'm as healthy as I should be but I'm not disgusted with myself anymore.

I love this a squillion times over. ❤️

• Like 4

I did laundry, I cooked dinner (and hopefully lunch for a few days), wrote 1000 words, played with a concept for a short story, and edited a chapter of my novel. I still need to plan the  school schedule for next week before bedtime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I felt really good this morning!  I had a headache, but it was less than usual.  Yay!

I napped.

I went back to church.

My hip started hurting during church, so I went out to the lobby and walked around (with my cane) for the entire sermon.  I don't have a fitbit, so I don't know how far I walked, but I'm going to count it as my first mile of the year.  :)

I am predicting rain either Tuesday or Wednesday.  The weather report says no.  We'll see who's right.  ;)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

We Cirqued. :coolgleamA:

The kids loved it and it was definitely a favorite of mine. 20 minutes before the end Alex gave up and watched Mickey on Matt's phone while being hand fed cotton candy. 

I'm so glad you loved it!!

And Hooray for Mickey and cotton candy!

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Surprised By Joy is wonderful.

it's cold outside.  Our last hard frost was supposed to be a month ago.  :glare:  I am worried about Lynette, though I give her blankets at night.

We have regular lessons this morning, then probably stop by Choir Boy's house for a bit (sans sauna) before music lessons and children's choir.  Ds13 has a Boy Scout board of review for 2nd Class tonight.  All the kids need to write short essays this morning for their scholarship applications.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

On 4/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, KrissiK said:

I had to have a book. We did read it together, which is more than my mom ever did with me. She just handed me Dobson’s “Preparing for Adolescence” and told me to go read it. No instructions, no discussion afterwords, no “do you have any questions?.”

When I was in junior high my parents left it up to the 8th grade health class.  I was blind-sided in human reproduction, to the class's immense amusement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, swellmomma said:

Now that my email has blown up with notifications from this thread I decided to pop over to the hive and check with everyone :)  Hey everyone, long time no see :) Love what you have done with the place haha

Hi, Brandy!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 10:27 PM, Slache said:

I had a healthy, Whole30 compliant lunch, a healthy, Whole30 compliant dinner and now I'm having water.

My breakfast today has been a tuna poke salad with zoodles, a salad I bought yesterday at the grocery store.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 10:27 PM, Slache said:

I had a healthy, Whole30 compliant lunch, a healthy, Whole30 compliant dinner and now I'm having water.

Saturday evening DD16 and a friend attended the homeschool prom with me as accompanying adult who took pictures and drove.  Friend spent the night afterwards.  Sunday I was a bit noised out and DH wanted to watch some shows without headphones on, which he more than earned, so after I ran to Kohl's to spend Dad's Kohl's Cash on more trousers for him and after I made a grocery run I hung out upstairs reading.  It was nice to take a half-day off of ALL responsibilities.  DD16 and DH made a spaghetti & meatball supper.

Today I take Dad to a phlebotomy appointment, then to lunch afterwards.  I called him before breakfast to recommend he wear a short-sleeved shirt and a jacket for warmth today (cool here).  I'm pack-muling in more water bottles for him when I go.  My plans for supper tonight are salmon.

I have reinstalled a pedometer app on my phone and discovered just my morning routine resulted in about 800 steps.  That's from showering, dressing, waking girls, doing laundry, and getting my breakfast, and I spot-checked the step count for accuracy, so I'm fairly confident of its accuracy.  I'm curious how many steps taking Dad out and about will add.

If I can remember long enough I hope to get by the storage unit place today.  I really want to switch over to climate-controlled and get more stuff out of the garage and house.  It's going to be a while before I can get to those boxes, and I want them out of the way so it will be easier to deal with other stuff that must come first.

I am declaring this week and next independent work days for the girls, just like the last two weeks.  Dad has two medical appointments per week these weeks, and I have to feed him afterwards on all of them.  I don't mind doing this for Dad, but it really sucks up the time.

I am still catching up in the thread for the posts since Friday.  I'll keep catching up as I can.  Hugs to everyone for everything, and cheers and applause, too, for attempts and accomplishments!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, Sunshines!  Happy Monday.

I am finally getting my first coffee.  (11am.)   YAWN.  Why do I always need Monday to recover from the weekend?

Morning school is done.  No pm choir, since choir is done for the year.  Afternoon school will be a bit of makeup since I skipped it last week while painting.  

And AMJ's pm is reminding me that Ds3 has his Children's Hospital appointment today.  1:30!  I love you AMJ!!!!    I will not forget.  I will not forget.  I will not forget...

• Like 5

I get lost every time I do a quote-reply. Command-Quote isn't opening up a new tab like it used to!  So then I try to get back to my ketchup point by using the back button, but the slow load for each page and the fact that it returns me to the top of the page, not the last post read, comfooses me.

wah.  I need more coffee.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I get lost every time I do a quote-reply. Command-Quote isn't opening up a new tab like it used to!  So then I try to get back to my ketchup point by using the back button, but the slow load for each page and the fact that it returns me to the top of the page, not the last post read, comfooses me.

wah.  I need more coffee.

Once you’ve posted your response with a quote, click on the swishy arrow in the upper right corner of the quote in your response, which brings you back to that original post to which you just responded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Monday Morning.  Coffee is brewing.  No talking yet, lol.  

I taught John to get me coffee. 

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need to dispose of Mt. Laundry.

This is a great way to deal with laundry. 

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning.  Just a statement.  Not an exclamation.  I'm not that excited.  It's Monday.  

I want to go to the Texas homeschool convention next month.  But I haven't been to one of theirs.  Has anyone here?

I CAN GO TO THE HOMESCHOOL CONFERENCE THIS YEAR! 

2 hours ago, AMJ said:

My breakfast today has been a tuna poke salad with zoodles, a salad I bought yesterday at the grocery store.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Are you Whole30ing?

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, what’s the point of the Leaderboard? I don’t get it.

To show the superiority of ITT.

46 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

iBossy.

Don't you think he'd be all for Classical homeschooling?  

I don't know. He's like eight.

• Like 3

Whole30 update:

Week 1-Eight pound loss.

Week 2-Four pound loss.

Week 3-Two pound gain. 

I need to look for something else. Debating keto and a 2 week fast. I don't really know what keto is and the people I know who do it don't eat well so I'm going to look more into it but I'm open to ideas because I probably won't like it.

Must be GF and low on dairy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2