Menu

Ignore this thread!

I bought a lemon tree yesterday. Did I mention that?? We took a science field trip to the nursery with my mom yesterday. I bought a Meyer lemon tree, a 6-pack of tomatoes, various colored bell peppers, thyme, some impatiens for the fern garden.... it was a successful trip. Well, mostly. They were out of Japanese cucumbers.

• Like 5

Whiteboard question. I think I want to buy a shower board sheet that's about 6X4 because it will be 4 feet wide and as tall as I am just standing there. Is that what I want? And that will be relatively inexpensive, correct?

To do:

Morning Time, start washing pillows

School block 1, rotate pillows

Scrub & reorganize kids room, rotate pillows

School block 2, final pillow rotation

Quiet time, phone calls and emails

Remove carseats and wash them so Matt can scrub the car tomorrow 

Some school prep stuff before bed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Slache, do you like my new siggy?

I wanted to take the spaces out and I saw on a chat board thread that Reguheert (sp) said he uses the list format to type lines without spaces.  Is there any other way to do it?

Can't see it. Clown will eat me. I'll critique at quiet time. ;)

Angie's has two fonts. :svengo:

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I woke up with no voice. Also, chloroseptic tastes disgusting.  I think this will be my third day of couch lounging.

Lots of hugs!

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm not sure it will work, and I'm sure I'll keep tweaking it, but I'll give you an overview. If any bits sound interesting, let me know. I'll get the link(s) for the page(s) and give them to you. I found many different free printables, printed them all out singly, then ran double-sided copies. I'm trying to learn the programs on my computer so I can figure out how to import all my pdf pages, format it there, and just hit print, but I'm not that sophisticated yet! Lol. 

The first page is a double sided year at a glance, one side for birthdays/events and the other for science topics, because we do science through library book reading only, and it's completely interest led. Still, though, I feel better having a plan. 

Each month has a page for planning that month's birthdays/celebrations/holidays, followed by a 2 page monthly view. Then I put in a habit tracker and a daily gratitude page. There's a blank side in there, so I put in a brain dump checklist.

I like having a weekly overview as well as daily, so each month has both. The weekly section has a schedule overview, a meal plan and shopping list for the following week, and a diet and exercise tracker for the current week. Then, each week has daily pages, with a pretty journal page at the end, to fill in the blank spot and to be a place to write book titles, quotes musings, or ITTisms from that week.

The whole thing is summed up with a year in review page. I'm too cheap to print in color, so I print it all b&w or grayscale, then use colored pens and pencils to fill it in.

I'm working on a seasonal event planner and a school planner, but I haven't made much progress on them yet. I'm ridiculously pleased with my schedule planner, though!

Unfortunately, I have to get groceries today, so school time is already squeezed, and we just had a break...Sometimes I wish I could be more spontaneous, but I wouldn't enjoy it because I'd feel guilty.

Thank you!  I asked because I like seeing how people organize themselves -- never know when I might learn something!  You have given a very good description, one I can picture in my mind quite readily.  It looks like a very good system, too.

When I have some time I'll likely try implementing much of this in one of my discbound notebooks, to give it a try.  Thanks for sharing!

33 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm not dead yet. The powers that be hope to get my identity crisis straightened out. Missed you guys!

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

CRITTER!!!!!!  We've missed you!  No dying allowed!  

Was that Critter?  HI, CRITTER!!!!  *waves enthusiastically while jumping up and down*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I bought a lemon tree yesterday. Did I mention that?? We took a science field trip to the nursery with my mom yesterday. I bought a Meyer lemon tree, a 6-pack of tomatoes, various colored bell peppers, thyme, some impatiens for the fern garden.... it was a successful trip. Well, mostly. They were out of Japanese cucumbers.

Yay!  Does it have a name?  Mine is Lynette, and she wants to have a lemon buddy!

2 hours ago, Guest said:

I'm not dead yet. The powers that be hope to get my identity crisis straightened out. Missed you guys!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

How are the Turtles?  And the Chickens?  And the Painting?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

How are the Turtles?  And the Chickens?  And the Painting?

The Turtles are fine. The Chickens are chickening. The painting probably stinks (I'm working on a pair of bearded irises with no reference photo) but I like it anyway.

• Like 8

I'm home from painting. Made some lunch and then the boys will settle down for school. I decided to do a comprehensive line edit of my manuscript, I've got a short story to edit, I've got Camp NaNo to write and I probably ought to work on a couple of world-building documents I'm writing. I also need to make pizza.

Got to find some energy to be productive.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, maize said:

You should both upload your data to MyHeritage, GEDMATCH, and FTDNA.

That will give you some alternative admixture interpretations (for where your ancestors came from) as each service calculates this differently and none is entirely accurate. In addition it will connect you with more matches and comparison tools.

I'm going to do just that, lol.

I have a strong lead on my bio father.  But I'm hoping it's not this particular guy.  I need more evidence.  

I went to the dentist.  Ds has my car today so I walked down to "downtown"  (a 15 min. walk).  In the rain.  With my daughter.  Downhill all the way.  Dd did school at the library while I sat in the dental chair.  No new cavities but apparently one filling fell out without me knowing it and another is going to fall out.  So I'm scheduled for that to be repaired.  Then I walked back home.  In the rain.  With my daughter.  Uphill all the way.  And I survived. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1