Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm finally ketchupped. And tired. My fitbit might scold me for not keeping to the bedtime schedule. We went to a fancy schmancy movie premier complements of dh's company who has some kind of involvement in it somehow. It's the story behind the song "I Can Only Imagine."

I was not wrong about the rain that we were driving through Saturday night. It WAS tornado rain. Nothing touched down in our area, though.

Nighty night!

• Like 4

I have to get an internet that works faster than dial-up first. I swear, no agent is going to believe me when I tell them I'd have to do all the updates, posts and videos sitting on my chimney to get enough cell signal for internet access.

#ruralworldproblems

Have you looked into purchasing a hotspot (not your cell)?

• Like 1

I know, right?

Actually I'm so thankful that ds10, with all of his learning challenges and lovable personality quirks, was my first child. 

He forced me to think outside the box (and I have a teaching certification, so I was definitely in the box).  He made me reconsider all my preconceived notions of schooling at home. And he taught me to have grace to those who followed different approaches than I did, because heck -- they weren't me and their kids weren't mine. 

He humbled me. And the Good Lord knows I needed it.  I hate to think what our homeschool would look like now if it hadn't been for him.  

Also, oops and sorry.  I mean, if you were done for reals and now I've riled you up again.... :leaving:

I'm thankful that my first teaching job was with Reggio Emilia teachers. Follow the interests of the child has stuck with me through homeschooling. And, teaching public prek classes for that matter.

• Like 1

Did I mention that last week I took place in a raid battle at a Pokegym up the street and I beat the raid boss single-handedly? Gymnast told me to at least try, so I did. I was able to capture the raid boss, too. Today when walking the river, another raid took place. I wasn't able to overthrow the boss, but I did overthrow the Valor team (red), so now the gym is Mystic (blue) because I took over. :D

I only expect a couple of you to know exactly what I'm talking about. But be happy for me anyway.

• Like 11

I am sucking on a square Cafe Latte flavored lollipop.  You know, one of the those gourmet types of ones.  Someone regifted a box of them to me after Christmas.

Square lollipops suck.  What a dumb idea.  But the flavor is good at least.

#isaidsuck

#twiceactually

If those are the See's lollipops they are quite good, but I agree on the size and shape of the lollies.  They do now sell "Little Pops", which are small candies made of the same stuff, individually wrapped.  Each box contains an assortment of the four different flavors (cafe latte, vanilla, butterscotch, and chocolate).  I wish they sold boxes of single flavors at my local See's counter (in my local grocery store), but it looks like single-flavor boxes are available online.  I like the size and shape of the small candies much better.

http://www.sees.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-sees-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=200342&dwvar_200342_flavor=CafeLatte&dwvar_200342_size=4oz&source=detail

• Like 1

I am sucking on a square Cafe Latte flavored lollipop.  You know, one of the those gourmet types of ones.  Someone regifted a box of them to me after Christmas.

Square lollipops suck.  What a dumb idea.  But the flavor is good at least.

#isaidsuck

#twiceactually

I used to take a mallet or hammer to the lollies and break them down into smaller pieces.  This also served to get them off the (rolled paper) stick (don't like those sticks).

• Like 1

6 days on, one day off back for 1 day just to annoy me. Every month since I was 12. Lovely, eh?

At least you are consistent?   :leaving:

You are right, though.  That is quite annoying.

• Like 2

I'm finally ketchupped. And tired. My fitbit might scold me for not keeping to the bedtime schedule. We went to a fancy schmancy movie premier complements of dh's company who has some kind of involvement in it somehow. It's the story behind the song "I Can Only Imagine."

I was not wrong about the rain that we were driving through Saturday night. It WAS tornado rain. Nothing touched down in our area, though.

Nighty night!

I am SO glad you got home safely!  

• Like 1

Did I mention that last week I took place in a raid battle at a Pokegym up the street and I beat the raid boss single-handedly? Gymnast told me to at least try, so I did. I was able to capture the raid boss, too. Today when walking the river, another raid took place. I wasn't able to overthrow the boss, but I did overthrow the Valor team (red), so now the gym is Mystic (blue) because I took over. :D

I only expect a couple of you to know exactly what I'm talking about. But be happy for me anyway.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

That's our Renai!  Taking over the world, one gym or raid boss at a time!!!!

• Like 3

I forgot. I probably will stop at job #1 on the way home and do some work. Too much yesterday to get it all done. Plus I could use the hours this month.

What shall we cook for supper?

I haven't groceried in a week and a half.  I'll have to dig around and see what I have for supper tonight, though leftovers/raid-the-fridge/make-your-own might be the plan for tonight.  This week is the last week of the old schedule at Aikido.  Sensei's new schedule starts next week, so we will see how it all shakes out then.  I'm trying to hold out and not grocery until this coming weekend (or at least Friday), but I might have to make at least a quick stop before then.

• Like 1

I got another good night of sleep last night and am feeling much more rested.  It also helps that Dad's lift recliner is ordered and will be delivered on a day when I can be there (and DH should be available, too, if needed or if something prevents me from being there).  Another help was hearing better news from my BFF yesterday, as was having a good visit with the 9th grade counselor at the school DD13 wants to attend next school year (though now I have more people to call and talk to about certain programs).

I really need to get various "project" lists going again so I can start wrapping my head around the next steps on each.  I have dug out a notebook with 5 section tabs (a disc-bound notebook) in hopes of having one place in which to keep track of these lists.

DH started working on fence after getting home from work yesterday.  He was going to work on part of the fence that was just ours, but the good neighbor came out to help, so they did the front section that encloses the neighbor's back yard first (they have dogs, so DH and neighbor wanted to close the fence quickly so the dogs could run in the yard freely) and then started on tearing apart the bit that is ours only.

Bigger class time today, though I am having trouble again rousting DD13 out of bed.  She's growing again.

• Like 2

What is the difference between a philharmonic orchestra and a symphonic orchestra?  Do either use pianos?

Talking to the 9th grade counselor it sounded like the only band open to 9th grade is marching band, but the list of 9th grade electives included those two orchestras and chamber orchestra.  I need to talk to the band directors to clarify.

• Like 1

I hope my book gets here today, and the other book I ordered on writing. I'm in need of a pick-me-up after yesterday. Right now I mostly need caffeine and a solid day of writing and just being immersed in it.

I got through the prologue of Eye of the World. There's a few parallels to my story--intriguing because I've never read Robert Jordan. Not huge parallels, but some. I'm not sure I like Rand that much. He seems a little passive. But I'll give him time and see what he does.

• Like 2

I hollered up to DD13 and told her to get out of bed.  She came downstairs to the homeschool table with her pillow and flopped into her seat.  I have given her permission to stay in pajamas until it is time to get dressed for ballet class, but she still has to feed the fish and the cat and wake up for class time in a bit.

Growth spurts can be rough.

• Like 2

I hope my book gets here today, and the other book I ordered on writing. I'm in need of a pick-me-up after yesterday. Right now I mostly need caffeine and a solid day of writing and just being immersed in it.

I got through the prologue of Eye of the World. There's a few parallels to my story--intriguing because I've never read Robert Jordan. Not huge parallels, but some. I'm not sure I like Rand that much. He seems a little passive. But I'll give him time and see what he does.

Yes, give him time.  It takes a bit, but he does shake off his passivity to a degree.  All of the characters develop over the series.

Matt didn't impress me in the beginning, but he really is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

I dreamed I had this huge house. I didn't relish the idea of taking care of it, but I did like the large garden with greenhouse (and beehives) and the large, beautiful, walnut-paneled library. :001_wub:

I have dreams of houses like that, but with a gardener to take care of growing things so I can just harvest as I want without worrying about neglecting the poor things.  The library is my sanctuary, my quiet space, with one or more window seats and a fireplace.  It has comfy chairs, but also serves as my office/think space.  There are bookshelves in every room of the house except for the mudroom and laundry room, so others can keep their books elsewhere.  I also have a big kitchen with well laid-out work zones, including a separate scullery area to keep the washing up and food prep sinks and counters separate.  And a pot rack.  I really want a pot rack, so I can have my most-used pots, pans, and utensils right at hand.

The kitchen also has a big bank of north-facing windows with a great view.  North-facing so I never have to worry about having the sun shining directly into my eyes while I work there.

Every part of the house will have well-designed acoustics, too, so desired music and sound (including conversation and rain) is easily heard when desired but intrusive sound is kept to a very bare minimum.

And big covered porches, so I can sit outside when it is raining and enjoy.  Views of both the sunrise and sunset, and the sky so I can watch the weather.  At least one porch screened, so we can sit outside and not be eaten alive by mosquitoes.

And pocket doors, like the pocket doors I saw in grand old houses in Galveston.

• Like 4

Good morning!

My littles were up early.

They're usually up early.

You would think that being sick would make them sleep longer.

Seemingly not.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope they get better soon.

• Like 2

I didn't sleep particularly well last night.

I ended up taking Advil and a shower at 3 a.m. because my right shoulder was really bothering me.

My left side has been bothering me recently (not the right), so I was a little confused until I remembered that I washed the hardwood floor last night.

Oh.

It feels better this morning.

And my house still smells like Murphy's Oil Soap.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ’•ðŸ’•ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Got a little rain last night. I’ll have to check the rain gauge for totals. They weren’t predicting much.

Not too much going on today. Hopefully I can get some thinking done. Two birthdays are coming up with activities pursuant (it is DS’s year for a birthday party, so I have to get that planned for the 17th; and DD turns 12 on Sunday and she is promised pierced ears when she turns 12, and she wants her two besties to come with, and Saturday would be the ideal time, but Saturday morning is also the last showing of the play my BFF is directing (she directs a homeschool theater company and they are really good) and I want to take all the kids, but DD doesn’t want her brothers along for the ear piercing and I couldn’t fit my kids and besties all in my van, but I also don’t want to take 2 trips to the Big City, but I din’t Want to go on Sunday because it is my only day of rest, and if we don’t go this weekend we’d have to put it off for at least 3 more weekends.)

• Like 3

I have dreams of houses like that, but with a gardener to take care of growing things so I can just harvest as I want without worrying about neglecting the poor things. The library is my sanctuary, my quiet space, with one or more window seats and a fireplace. It has comfy chairs, but also serves as my office/think space. There are bookshelves in every room of the house except for the mudroom and laundry room, so others can keep their books elsewhere. I also have a big kitchen with well laid-out work zones, including a separate scullery area to keep the washing up and food prep sinks and counters separate. And a pot rack. I really want a pot rack, so I can have my most-used pots, pans, and utensils right at hand.

The kitchen also has a big bank of north-facing windows with a great view. North-facing so I never have to worry about having the sun shining directly into my eyes while I work there.

Every part of the house will have well-designed acoustics, too, so desired music and sound (including conversation and rain) is easily heard when desired but intrusive sound is kept to a very bare minimum.

And big covered porches, so I can sit outside when it is raining and enjoy. Views of both the sunrise and sunset, and the sky so I can watch the weather. At least one porch screened, so we can sit outside and not be eaten alive by mosquitoes.

And pocket doors, like the pocket doors I saw in grand old houses in Galveston.

Likety likety!! That sounds wonderful!!
  • Like 3