Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tell us, mommy!! Tell us! Tell us! :D

O good grief. Zero days since last inappropriate incident booyah.

This is the thread that never ends!

"An unsavory woman who spends time with men for money." It was the shortest, safest answer on a moment's notice.

• Like 6

Warning: Very Sad and Serious Lectury Post

I use the prostitution discussion to point out, depressingly, that while some people sell sex voluntarily, most prostitutes around the world are also slaves, and when they aren't slaves per se, often they are addicted to drugs and unable to get the medical care they need to heal their minds and bodies.

Many of them were abused as children.

It's a super harsh way to introduce the topic but (a) all of a sudden the whole stranger conversation becomes a lot more real and (b) it's the truth. The vast majority of people who feed themselves by selling sex were abused as children, were often orphans, and/or have been sold into slavery outright or are effectively wage slaves who cannot escape.

Extremely few prostitutes sell sex because they enjoy the occupation, and even those who do are so rare that I'd almost say it's a kind of kink (sorry SWB) rather than a career choice.

So I would object to "unsavory" description.

• Like 7

I use the prostitution discussion to point out, depressingly, that while some people sell sex voluntarily, most prostitutes around the world are also slaves, and when they aren't slaves per se, often they are addicted to drugs and unable to get the medical care they need to heal their minds and bodies.

It's a super harsh way to introduce the topic but (a) all of a sudden the whole stranger conversation becomes a lot more real and (b) it's the truth. The vast majority of people who feed themselves by selling sex were abused as children, were often orphans, and/or have been sold into slavery outright or are effectively wage slaves who cannot escape.

Extremely few prostitutes sell sex because they enjoy the occupation, and even those who do are so rare that I'd almost say it's a kind of kink (sorry SWB) rather than a career choice.

Valid point, and a discussion we will definitely have, but I needed a quick answer for my seven year old and I'm not changing it now.
  • Like 4

Poor DD16!  She has what she is calling "constipatahrrea".  When she finally made it off the toilet and could get some supper she choked on some water and started coughing and hiccuping at the same time.

If she is catching sick we may have to delay our departure a day or two.

• Like 1

Awe, now I feel bad. 

But is it really a donut if it tastes like kale or is it donut shaped kale? The baby in the picture seemed to like it but babies can be too innocent to know better. 

I should make them on April 1 and cover them with carob. 

Do it!  I dare you!

Well, so far healthy eating this year has gone out the window. But I thought i’d Celebrate that fact with McDonald’s for supper.

Actually, no. We are having McDonald’s but only because DH and DS are gone and I just didn’t feel like cooking. I need to figure out how to stick to a healthy eating plan. I know what to do. I just have no self-discipline.

• Like 3

Well, so far healthy eating this year has gone out the window. But I thought i’d Celebrate that fact with McDonald’s for supper.

Actually, no. We are having McDonald’s but only because DH and DS are gone and I just didn’t feel like cooking. I need to figure out how to stick to a healthy eating plan. I know what to do. I just have no self-discipline.

We got a menu in the mail yesterday from a Chinese restaurant nearby that is under new management, and they said they deliver.  Tonight I ordered from them, delivery, for supper.  Tasty enough food, and very pleasant delivery gal.  I didn't have to cook or think of a meal plan for today, either.  The rice was a little cool, but the rest was piping hot.

Yes, I'm eating delivered restaurant food just a couple of days before I will be eating restaurant food for weeks.  I'm not sick of restaurant food yet, and I'm tired.

Boy, is my endo going to chew me out when I next see him.  I'll likely be in a mood to chew back just a bit, however.

• Like 3

None of my dc ever cut their own hair. And only one ever cut anyone else's hair. But, par for the course, it was ds10 who did it. When he was 3, he cut the hair of one of my daycare kids. When her mom asked her why she let ds10 do it (they were the same age), she said, "He said he would make me beautiful."

You have exceptional children. At the minimum, every girl I've ever known has cut their own hair at least once. I tell parents, "it's not a matter of "if," but "when."" Lol!

• Like 2

:iagree:

• Like 1

You need to buy good groceries. That's my main downfall...

• Like 3

The guy at Trader Joe's looked at me like I was a prepper for buying three days worth of canned food which I purchased to replenish our emergency rations. I know we won't likely survive a missile attack, but it reminded me of other emergencies.

He didn't know I also bought emergency backpacks and water containers (old ones were recycled after the last camping trip) on Amazon.

Don't care, the CDC says to do it so I'm being a responsible adult. 

• Like 8

You have exceptional children. At the minimum, every girl I've ever known has cut their own hair at least once. I tell parents, "it's not a matter of "if," but "when."" Lol!

In my house it wasn't a matter of if or when but how often. This one kid, she loved the scissors, but they all did it at least a couple times.

• Like 1

Actually, that’s the one really splurge-y thing I want for our addition: a bathtub deep enough for my b00ks to float. [emoji861][emoji861]

We went in and applied for the loan today! Exciting!

That was the one thing I wanted when we were house shopping: a tub that was high enough to submerge my bOOks and my knees at the same time.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In my house it wasn't a matter of if or when but how often. This one kid, she loved the scissors, but they all did it at least a couple times.

:svengo:  Yep, I've had one of those too (in my daycare). We had to be very very vigilant. 

And, I ran out of likes.

Edited by Renai

Doesn't need to know about sex. I had to tell Gymnast something this summer when she played Rahab's sister. Rahab was a woman who got paid to be with a man. "Be" didn't need to have an exact explanation.

Agreed. But even if they ask, I promise that more technical details does not make them more curious. On the contrary, for the little one who just kept asking specific questions, I got more and more detailed, to my chagrin but I tried to remain cool about it.

You start with general words and go deeper (pardon the pun) as they ask. In my experience they will shut it down if they are not ready.

• Like 4

That was the one thing I wanted when we were house shopping: a tub that was high enough to submerge my bOOks and my knees at the same time.

Someday we are going to live in a low COL area and we are going to have some kind of living situation in which we can actually consider houses based on fixtures.

Whenever Texans describe house shopping I imagine them as multi-millionaires. Then I remember... our real estate market is a hot mess.

We are going to get a nice tub on Craigslist and install it ourselves.

• Like 3

I went out with my ladies tonight and it was so much fun and I had 3 drinks. DH got off work early and volunteered to take the boys to his Mom's and then went to play pool. Apparently he had more than 3 drinks and will be sleeping on his buddy's couch tonight. So I have a buzz and a completely empty house (except the pets) and am going to ramble to y'all for a bit. Than I will sleep the sleep of the dead.

• Like 9

Someday we are going to live in a low COL area and we are going to have some kind of living situation in which we can actually consider houses based on fixtures.

Whenever Texans describe house shopping I imagine them as multi-millionaires. Then I remember... our real estate market is a hot mess.

We are going to get a nice tub on Craigslist and install it ourselves.

Sometimes I like to imagine myself as a multi-millionaire.

• Like 5

I went out with my ladies tonight and it was so much fun and I had 3 drinks. DH got off work early and volunteered to take the boys to his Mom's and then went to play pool. Apparently he had more than 3 drinks and will be sleeping on his buddy's couch tonight. So I have a buzz and a completely empty house (except the pets) and am going to ramble to y'all for a bit. Than I will sleep the sleep of the dead.

:hurray:

• Like 1

Yay for a good evening!!
  • Like 1

Existing is overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:toetap05:  You are breaking ITT rules - in thought, if not in actuality.  

I'm with Jean.

:toetap05:   You too.

You are both wrong. Now go sit on the sofa and hold hands and read Calvin and Hobbes.

Exactly.   :iagree:  

You ITT, therefore you are. ITT is the proof of existence.

You said it so well!!!  

Existing is my favorite.

:hurray:

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:   Glad you had a good night out!

• Like 1