Menu

Ignore this thread!

I forgot to do a word of the year. I only actually remembered my word of the year one time because I wrote it on the cover of my bullet Journal. I need shorter terms things. I suppose I'm undisciplined.

I've never had a word of the year, until yesterday. It is written in my planner. I have many shorter term goals, that lead up to the Big Goals.

• Like 3

I've never had a word of the year, until yesterday. It is written in my planner. I have many shorter term goals, that lead up to the Big Goals.

Mine was Grace. Be gracious, feel God's grace, be at peace. It was a good daily reminder. Last year was progress and I apparently didn't read it enough.
  • Like 2

Mine was Grace. Be gracious, feel God's grace, be at peace. It was a good daily reminder. Last year was progress and I apparently didn't read it enough.

That's a good one. I chose Accomplishment because I've been having a huge problem finishing anything I start.

• Like 3

My word of the year is Accomplishment (or Accomplish, whatever). Finishing anything would be good. 

I just figured out that I need to figure out what I want to accomplish this year, besides putting a bonfire to everything in this small apartment and starting over... I came to the realization when I was counting the classes I have listed to teach, and wondered to myself, "Where am I going with this? How many do I want to have listed before the end of the year?" I'm already very close to a goal I set back in November, and think I need readjust.

I forgot to do a word of the year. I only actually remembered my word of the year one time because I wrote it on the cover of my bullet Journal. I need shorter terms things. I suppose I'm undisciplined.

I have never had a word of the year, either. But this year I chose one. Relationship. We are having so many problems with our boys, I have to remember that above everything else, our relationship with them is the most important.
  • Like 4

That's a good one. I chose Accomplishment because I've been having a huge problem finishing anything I start.

I don't have anything to finish. Spanish, Greek, fitness. I never realized that before.

I didn't. I made them do it. :D

:hurray: :hurray: Good girl.

How long should a 7yo practice her Ds and As on the violin????

Yes.
  • Like 3

My word of the year is Accomplishment (or Accomplish, whatever). Finishing anything would be good.

I just figured out that I need to figure out what I want to accomplish this year, besides putting a bonfire to everything in this small apartment and starting over... I came to the realization when I was counting the classes I have listed to teach, and wondered to myself, "Where am I going with this? How many do I want to have listed before the end of the year?" I'm already very close to a goal I set back in November, and think I need readjust.

Mine is consistency. Because it would be nice if I could do anything consistently.

I am fairly certain that I have undiagnosed ADHD, so I've been looking into coping skills for it. I'm not really interested in getting a diagnosis considering I've made it this far without one, but I would like to learn skills to make my day-to-day a little easier.

So consistency. Focusing on building habits and routines and adulting like a much adultier adult.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Mine is consistency. Because it would be nice if I could do anything consistently.

I am fairly certain that I have undiagnosed ADHD, so I've been looking into coping skills for it. I'm not really interested in getting a diagnosis considering I've made it this far without one, but I would like to learn skills to make my day-to-day a little easier.

So consistency. Focusing on building habits and routines and adulting like a much adultier adult.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

If you have an iPhone or iPad look at the 30/30 app. It's been helpful for my ADD friends.

Baby had his tongue untied today. He was such a big brave Baby. They told me he’d be fine and have no discomfort when the numbness wore off but they must have never seen their patients after the numbness wears off :(

Poor baby...he latched really well after the procedure and before he started feeling sore. It’s a good sign; hoping he feels well enough to eat soon. He’s too mad now.

Glad Baby had his procedure, and extra hugs and cuddles till he feels better!!

To help boost our immune system, I'm making everyone eat 1/4C homemade sauerkraut every day (digestive system), drink an EmergenC or similar thing, drink lots of water, wash hands!, and go outside in the sun (or clouds) for at least a little every day. And hydrogen peroxiding ears at the first sign of feeling sick.

I want some of Susan's sauerkraut!

So, today was the first day of a little bit different routine on Thursdays.  

Older two are going to an electives "co-op" and dh is taking them (plus a friend) because he's helping in a couple classes.  They left at 11:45.  I did math with older dd in the morning so she could get it done before time to leave.  I puttered around doing other things - unloading d/w, cleaning sink, counters, folding a load of clothes, helping youngest with a couple scales on her violin, etc.  Then I felt like I was waiting for dh and older kids to leave so I could finish school with youngest.  Then, when they finally left, I felt like doing nothing.  Of course, we finished what we had to do, but why does a change feel so draining?  Is it because 1) I'm lazy?  b) I'm a slave to routine?  c)  I'm depressed?  d)  Some other unnamed dysfunction?

Change requires extra attention and rewiring of the brain.  This can be quite exhausting.

• Like 2

We lost a chicken. The boys and I have been fighting the game hens over staying in the pen (where there is cover) and they keep flying out. We had to chase them down three times yesterday morning. Well, a hawk beat us to it today. Stupid birds. There were three hens, and two made it to cover, but the third ran the wrong way.

So far 2018 has been a year of animal tragedy around here.  :sad:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

And of course the hawk came back. I ran it off again, and the boy is out on patrol. The escape artists are staying deep in the jungle or in the chicken house. I may have to keep everyone up for the next few days unless one or other of the boys is out keeping watch.

Is the hens' pen too big to cover over with caging?

MIL has to confine her bird feeders to one tight corner between the house and attached former-garage.  It is only here that is a tight enough space their hawk has too much trouble getting in and out again.  The smaller birds and squirrels can manage better than the hawk, especially with horses right outside the fencing of this small patch, trying to figure out how to get to the grain in the feeders.

• Like 1

Random blood sugar musings.

I might be fighting something in my gut.  I've been taking extra probiotics but my tummy has been doing the cha-cha for the last couple of days. 

My sugars are high.  They can get high if you are sick. 

I just took my two hours post breakfast blood sugar reading.  It is too high.  It is supposed to be under 120.  Mine is 146.  So I'm going to test again in 45 minutes.  Then I guess that I'm going to try to really low carb lunch. 

Bah. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Is the hens' pen too big to cover over with caging?

MIL has to confine her bird feeders to one tight corner between the house and attached former-garage.  It is only here that is a tight enough space their hawk has too much trouble getting in and out again.  The smaller birds and squirrels can manage better than the hawk, especially with horses right outside the fencing of this small patch, trying to figure out how to get to the grain in the feeders.

It's too big. We would have to build a new pen. These chickens were out of the pen when they were attacked. Inside the pen there is a lot of cover, and hawks don't find an easy time getting in. But these were the crazy birds that fly. They flew out while we were gone, and that's when they were attacked.

I soak my hose, mask (minus the part that goes behind my head because that is a pain to dry) and the water reservoir  in a solution of very warm water with a splash of white vinegar and a few drops of Johnson's baby shampoo per instructions.  If things haven't been cleaned in awhile I might use a bottle brush to get into nooks and crannies.  Rinse well.  Let dry.  Put back together. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

I did a little too much and I'm hurting for it. Time to get after these boys and DH. I know they got firewood, but there's just some stuff that I need done but shouldn't do right now.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

• Like 1

Baby had his tongue untied today. He was such a big brave Baby. They told me he’d be fine and have no discomfort when the numbness wore off but they must have never seen their patients after the numbness wears off :(

Poor baby...he latched really well after the procedure and before he started feeling sore. It’s a good sign; hoping he feels well enough to eat soon. He’s too mad now.

I'm done with the cleaning and so forth today. It's five, and Imma write, relax and maybe splash some more paint on my water lilies. 

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   You are supposed to be recovering.  NOT CLEANING.

• Like 3

It's too big. We would have to build a new pen. These chickens were out of the pen when they were attacked. Inside the pen there is a lot of cover, and hawks don't find an easy time getting in. But these were the crazy birds that fly. They flew out while we were gone, and that's when they were attacked.

What about clipping flight feathers?  I'm usually not fond of doing such, but to preserve their lives?

• Like 1

According to Dd, Robert Louis Stevenson and I are out to kill her.  But not eat her because all of you except for Krissi, are spoilsports. 

Tell her you need a subject for some studies into Zombification.  After all, she's ITT by extension so she's not allowed to actually die, so she must be walking dead instead.

• Like 4

I am getting ready to send a care package of preemie/newborn clothes to my new baby niece.

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

I have waited a long time to Finally become an aunt!

I was hoping to be able to see her this weekend, but the weather is being uncooperative.   :glare:

• Like 12

I hope your little one is feeling better. 

• Like 1

What was that thread with the guy who was like a doctor and a lawyer  and a painter and played the guitar and piano and farted puppies or whatever? Like he could do all the things? Remember? Who was he?

No iStuff. Android.

But I have been looking at the Pomodoro technique. If only I could remember that I want to try it...

:(  30/30 is so flipping cool. You create a routine (eating 30 min, reading 30 min, playing 30 min, seatwork 30 min, 2 hours total) and hit play but you decide to go for a walk after eating so you just pause the entire thing. You were going to finish at 2:30 according to the app, but now you're not going to finish until 3:15 but you needed to be done by 3:00!  :ohmy: Now what? Just take 5 minutes off of each event and Booya (#noh), your end time is now 3:00.

• Like 1