Menu

Ignore this thread!

I wanna party with Susan today; she's hopping.

Hugs for the Paigelet. The current vaccine schedule freaks me out a bit. We really bombard those little burgeoning little immune systems. Makes me kinda glad DD was a preemie and we sloooooooowed them waaaaaaaay dooooooown.

Dd8 is about 7 years behind in the schedule. 'Cause she's the baby and ain't nobody got time for that.

• Like 5

I know. I knew things were going down hill when the kids had their first exposure to television programming that had commercials and that there was more to watch out there besides Dinosaur Train and Word Girl (I love WG, btw). Now they’re watching all these YouTube videos of gymnastics girls and whatever.

:001_tt1:  That show has the perfect mix of dry humor and snark.

• Like 2

Would it be weird (or is it even possible) to do this walking video with a cane?

It might be entertaining for the kids if I decide to try it!

You might look up some exercise videos that use walking sticks. My thought on the one you posted is that I couldn’t go as fast as they are with a cane but maybe that doesn’t matter.

It's so crazy here today. Contractors in and out tearing the house apart. Luckily they know I expect them to put it all back together. The scrapadactyls came and took away the old broken fridge and washer. New washer will be delivered tomorrow. The puppies are behaving themselves wonderfully with all the strange people in the house, though they are sticking close to their boys.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It's so crazy here today. Contractors in and out tearing the house apart. Luckily they know I expect them to put it all back together. The scrapadactyls came and took away the old broken fridge and washer. New washer will be delivered tomorrow. The puppies are behaving themselves wonderfully with all the strange people in the house, though they are sticking close to their boys.

:ack2:

Baby had his 2mos shots and checkup yesterday. We got the referral for his tongue tie but the doctor doesn't think he needs to be clipped. He has a heart shaped/forked tongue so the tie is not disputed but rather whether or not it's a problem. He's doing perfectly other than that. 

BUT...the shots. OMG. I do not recall them being so bad. I think they actually give kids more at once now than they did 10yrs ago. Baby screamed like he was being tortured if he was awake for about 6hrs after the shots. He was either sleeping with little sad whimpers, trying to nurse, or shrieking. I think they should do a study on hearing loss among childcare workers and other infant caregivers. It should be considered a hazardous job. It was so bad that he made my cats puke from stress.

He seems happy and fine today, though.  :001_wub:  I was afraid it'd be worse because I always feel worse the next day but maybe he's too tired. 

Yep, my dh has a forked tongue. The little devil. Will it cause speech issues later?

Yes, they do give more shots all at once now than they did 10 years ago (my girls are 11 years apart). Gymnast has to have hers spaced out more because once we slipped and got her more than one and she had mild seizures. There is epilepsy in the family, so one at a time is a precaution for us. She hasn't had any issues since.

Hope baby feels better.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

Ok, so this is the biggest scam ever. The Jojo Sewa Bow. Don’t ask me.... my daughters found this chick on-line. “She’s famous momâ€... “oh, so that’s why she can charge $20 for a stinkin hair-bow.†Yes, you heard that right.... a hair-bow that costs $20. And my daughters are offended that I refuse to purchase one for their Christmas present.

Ooh, I know about this! I usually don’t know stuff. Dd insisted on getting one for a friend’s birthday a while back. I found them at Kohls for about $12 and they had a BOGO promo! Unfortunately they only had 1 left so the BOGO wouldn’t work for us.

Did you check Kohl’s? I don’t get it either- until this Siwa chick, nobody over 2 wanted a huge bow on their head!

• Like 1

yeah, we were that way, too, until oldest DS started B&M school.😩 Poor kid, he got all shots up before school started that year.

Yeah, Gymnast had to get a shot before starting prek, but then I got the doctor waiver about the delayed scheduled. Then, there was a chicken pox or something outbreak, and she HAD to get that vaccine, or couldn't go back to school. I think she's had another since then (2-3 years ago?), but I know she's behind. How can you be behind on a DELAYED schedule??? I'm a bad mom.

• Like 1

Would it be weird (or is it even possible) to do this walking video with a cane?

Leslie has some that are slightly slower, but she does more than just walk. You don't have to do all those other moves though. The thing is, she is counting the mile by number of steps - 2,000 - so if you go slower, you won't technically know the distance. But, if the goal is just to get your body moving, it will fit the bill.

• Like 1

Ohhh, I thought you asked for a you-sew-a-bow. Well, this spool of $2 afsa ribbon is good for many bows. Whoops. Pass the eggnog.

This is what i’m Talking about. They’re huge bows, the fabric cost like $0.50 to make and just because it has her picture on the packaging, she charges a fortune. I am obviously in the wrong business. I refuse to buy it just as a matter of principle.
  • Like 1

Trigger Warning.

EdPo!

Reported.

Copy that.

10-4.

So, today we used Veggie Tales to learn science. We are learning the difference between apes and monkeys and Veggie Tales has an awesome song, “if it has a tail it’s a monkey, if it doesn’t have a tail it’s an apeâ€.

• Like 8

Trigger Warning.

EdPo!

Reported.

Copy that.

10-4.

So, today we used Veggie Tales to learn science. We are learning the difference between apes and monkeys and Veggie Tales has an awesome song, “if it has a tail it’s a monkey, if it doesn’t have a tail it’s an apeâ€.

We really like that song. :D

• Like 4

So, I had to cancel Dancer's dermatologist appointment today, because I didn't realize it was today until a couple of days ago, and was already booked with 4am classes. So, since I did not want to die on the road driving, I decided to cancel and stay home and sleep. She was very understanding. In fact, I reminded her how I partially slept in the examination room the last time, and they even left us alone for a few minutes afterward so I could catch some zzzzs before heading out on the road. So, her appointment has been changed to May.

• Like 4

Does anyone know how morphea acts in different climates? We currently live in a dry climate.

Is LA humid?

I just googled it. Considering that medical sites recommend that people with morphea living in dry climates use a humidifier, I would speculate that some humidity is better than dry.

LA has fairly mild weather. Not super dry like the desert, but not Mississippi, either.

Bigger question, why is Dancer going to LA?  I don't recall her asking our permission.  :toetap05:

• Like 2

I just googled it. Considering that medical sites recommend that people with morphea living in dry climates use a humidifier, I would speculate that some humidity is better than dry.

LA has fairly mild weather. Not super dry like the desert, but not Mississippi, either.

Bigger question, why is Dancer going to LA?  I don't recall her asking our permission.  :toetap05:

She will be going with my middle sister to help out with her kids. All three of the kids are signed with an agency now (ages 1 year to 8 years have done some commercials are modeled for store ads), and the oldest has been the lead in a short film. They are trying to expand their opportunities, while deciding whether to make a long-term move out there.

Dancer is going because she needs to get out of NM, out of my hair, away from some certain influences, and have the opportunity to grow - without me, but with a trusted adult. They'll be gone for a couple of months. If she happens to pick up modeling or singing while there, it'll be fine. She should hopefully also be working on her schoolwork so she can graduate sometime in 2018.

• Like 8

Edpo

Would it be bad if we skipped the sections on literary criticism in WWS?

We just started it. Today would have been better if I had not been so tired. Page numbers didn't tally and that made me extra grumpy.

However--the basic stuff in the first lesson is the guts of a query letter. :laugh:

• Like 2

She will be going with my middle sister to help out with her kids. All three of the kids are signed with an agency now (ages 1 year to 8 years have done some commercials are modeled for store ads), and the oldest has been the lead in a short film. They are trying to expand their opportunities, while deciding whether to make a long-term move out there.

Dancer is going because she needs to get out of NM, out of my hair, away from some certain influences, and have the opportunity to grow - without me, but with a trusted adult. They'll be gone for a couple of months. If she happens to pick up modeling or singing while there, it'll be fine. She should hopefully also be working on her schoolwork so she can graduate sometime in 2018.

That sounds like a great opportunity for her.  I'll be praying for her safety and that she grow in wisdom and discernment.  :grouphug:

• Like 6

Another EdPo!!

Reported.

Forthwith!

Copy that!

So, DS is doing his Constitution Test. Nottgrass history, while I do like it a lot, does not have the typical "8Th Grade Constitution Study" and I wanted DS to have that. Not only for his own civic knowledge, but because I wanted him to be like all the other 8th graders. He is low in everything else, but he can do this. So, I bought some workbook thingie from Amazon, which actually turned out to be fairly interesting and thorough and it does have a test in the back. It's a long one, but we've made flash cards and he's doing about 2 pages a day (it's got over 100 multiple choice questions). He's done very well on the sections he's completed.  This kid does well with the whole "rote memorization" thing. Like, "How many Chief Justices are there?" and "What is the purpose of the Executive Branch?" sort of questions.  

I just wanted to share because this kid struggles so much with school and this has been very victiorious for him.

• Like 11

I'm going to rant here because dd let me rant to her once and then has forbidden me from ever mentioning it again.  I like to support local small businesses whenever possible.  There is a small pet store here that I like.  In the past, they were superior.  Then they started to lose all the good employees.  One of the departing ones told me that it is because the owner is cheap and was cost cutting in a way to make it hard for them to be superior.  The new employees are fine.  A bit dumb but fine for directing you to the chicken flavored cat food, you know?  Anyway. . .  they offer special orders if you want to buy a whole case of cat food, like we like to buy.  But. . . wait for it. . . they have screwed up and not had the special order available when I've come in (after they called to tell me it was in) three months in a row!  I lost it today in front of the employee.  He said that he was the manager but he wasn't the same manager who fixed the problem a month ago and made me decide to continue shopping there.  This guy kept arguing with me long after I told him "I am not going to continue to discuss this with you.  I'm done shopping here.  Please just ring up this one last item and I will be gone."  I know that I made dd uncomfortable because I was visibly angry though very controlled and not yelling or screaming or cussing or calling him an idiot or anything remotely like that.  So even though this cat food is actually a bit more expensive on Chewy.com, I'm going to give them my business from now on.  I even felt strongly enough to give a bad review for this store on Yelp. 

• Like 10

I just read the following line in an article opinion piece:  In families where both parents work, homeschooling isn't even an option.

Well, gosh, darn it.  I wish someone would have told me this sooner.  I guess I have to send DS to school now. :hat:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 12

Leslie has some that are slightly slower, but she does more than just walk. You don't have to do all those other moves though. The thing is, she is counting the mile by number of steps - 2,000 - so if you go slower, you won't technically know the distance. But, if the goal is just to get your body moving, it will fit the bill.

I've done this exercise before, just not since I've been using my cane.

I ended up being too busy today to try.

• Like 1

()Paigelet))

I went around the pediatrician and got the tongue tie taken care of through a referral from the dentist. But Dd was older when we did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lactation consultant discovered my neice's tongue tie.  A dentist did the procedure.

Would it be weird (or is it even possible) to do this walking video with a cane?

You might look up some exercise videos that use walking sticks. My thought on the one you posted is that I couldn’t go as fast as they are with a cane but maybe that doesn’t matter.

I have no idea about this, but would a walker make it easier to keep pace and regular walking gait compared to a cane?  

Another EdPo!!

Reported.

Forthwith!

Copy that!

So, DS is doing his Constitution Test. Nottgrass history, while I do like it a lot, does not have the typical "8Th Grade Constitution Study" and I wanted DS to have that. Not only for his own civic knowledge, but because I wanted him to be like all the other 8th graders. He is low in everything else, but he can do this. So, I bought some workbook thingie from Amazon, which actually turned out to be fairly interesting and thorough and it does have a test in the back. It's a long one, but we've made flash cards and he's doing about 2 pages a day (it's got over 100 multiple choice questions). He's done very well on the sections he's completed.  This kid does well with the whole "rote memorization" thing. Like, "How many Chief Justices are there?" and "What is the purpose of the Executive Branch?" sort of questions.  

I just wanted to share because this kid struggles so much with school and this has been very victiorious for him.

:hurray:

I just read the following line in an article opinion piece:  In families where both parents work, homeschooling isn't even an option.

Well, gosh, darn it.  I wish someone would have told me this sooner.  I guess I have to send DS to school now. :hat:

Was the rest of the article just as ridiculous?  Full of not thinking outside the box?  In a homeschooling article???!!!   :svengo:

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

Was the rest of the article just as ridiculous?  Full of not thinking outside the box?  In a homeschooling article???!!!   :svengo:

It was a piece about the bill introduced to allow 529 college savings accounts to be used for K-12 education.  According to this person, now I will have hope and a choice.  Apparently I did not have these things before.  I'm about to get my power back.

Uh, huh.

By the way, this was not meant to be political.  It's just that the article was so poorly written and with so many errors of logic and factual misstatements that I had to share the one line that was most glaringly erroneous to me, seeing as how we have managed to do just that for 6 years running. 

• Like 9

I have no idea about this, but would a walker make it easier to keep pace and regular walking gait compared to a cane?  

That is a great idea, except I don't have a walker.  And I refuse to ask for one for Christmas.  My list is a mile long anyway. ;)

• Like 2

We got a walker for $6 at a garage/ estate sale. 

:hurray:

I don't need a walker, yet.  I'm hoping to get rid of the cane.

I used the cane when I was first diagnosed and then when I went gf I was able to put the cane away for 7 or 8 years.   :hurray:

But the RA has been flaring for the past year-plus, and so I use the cane when I have to walk a fair distance or in bad weather.

• Like 3

Whiney Tackle Po

Ugh.  I do not do well with topsy turvy days.  I want to enjoy days off from school but I get frustrated because I get behind in the basics while we do the extras. 

Went to Tap Plastics and got specialized stuff that the young people need to make Lichtenberg figures.  (And yes, I know that there is risk of electrocution.  Ds works with electricity daily in his work.)

Went to grocery store and got stuff for daily needs plus tonight.

Dd has the dinner meat in the crock pot.  Why is it when she "makes dinner", that she makes just one thing and I'm expected to fill in all the sides? 

Dd made gluten free "Cheezits". 

Emptied dishwasher.

Did a lab on epithelial cells.  Helped dd focus the microscope properly.

Now I need to fill in the "sides" of all of my chores.  First up:  fill the dishwasher and run it.

• Like 4