Menu

Ignore this thread!

Edpo

The closer we get to high school the less I feel prepared to prepare anyone for the real world. 😱

This is a natural phenomenon, especially with the oldest.  You won't feel it as much with the others.  

Actually the older I get the more I wonder if I know what the real world is, much less if I myself am ready for it.   :laugh:

• Like 6

Slept in.

Three of my five were up sick during the night so I’m 🧟â€â™€ï¸. Thankfully it was head-cold stuff. No vomiting, though dd5 had me briefly concerned.

Now they are hyper from 4am doses of ibuprofen, so I’ve put dd8 on breakfast duty (to burn energy) and am taking a shower. Then coffee!!

• Like 3

just three ornaments in it (Roman soldier, Viking ship, and a buffalo)

That sounds awesome.

Wait! I don't think ds10 ate! We are SO bad at remembering to remind him to eat!!

Wow. Mine makes a terrible noise when not fed promptly. #kidswillvary

Running would require me to be doing the same. I hate running. Shocking, I know.

This is why DS is not in running. Lady who does running club was like, "He needs to be able to run for two miles before he joins." And I'm going... o.0  I do not run.

• Like 6

DH just tried to fill DS's epi-pen prescription - $500 per box.

Seems that our script benefit changed providers last year.  We never got new cards.  DH, who has other prescriptions, never noticed?  Anyway, I went to HR, who gave me a number to call, who gave me the info I needed and said they would send new cards.  DH went back to the pharmacy.

Box of epi-pens: $25

• Like 14

Slept in! :willy_nilly:

We have the same trash can thing, except it's Matt. I think it should be a spankable offense.

I'm not intimidated by high school. Probably too far away.

Tea! Macha macha bo bacha banana fana fo facha me my mo mocha. MACHA!

Don't want to Monday today. No real weekend. Tired.

• Like 7

DH just tried to fill DS's epi-pen prescription - $500 per box.

Seems that our script benefit changed providers last year.  We never got new cards.  DH, who has other prescriptions, never noticed?  Anyway, I went to HR, who gave me a number to call, who gave me the info I needed and said they would send new cards.  DH went back to the pharmacy.

Box of epi-pens: $25

:scared:

Is it weird that when I schedule school I never feel like doing it, but now that I don't have anything scheduled I want to get stuff done?

Oh, wait...I just got a call from DH. Apparently I have to go save his sister. Car trouble.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I'm with you 100%.

• Like 3

I had an unusual phone call this morning from our local grocery store. They wanted to speak to DH. I thought maybe a recall, but no--about his last visit to the store.

First thought. What the heck did he do???? And how come I had to miss it? :laugh:

Turns out he didn't get in a fist fight with anyone but he filled out a complaint form and they wanted to talk to him about it.

ETA: There isn't much of DH in my protagonist, but the above? Yep--he resembles that.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 6

I survived the bank (had to get cash out to pay for stuff), the gas station (I don't remember paying cash for gas before), Kroger (to buy stamps), the $1 store, and Hobby Lobby (to buy the couple things that the $1 store didn't have).

Next up is Midsommer Night's Dream and fable writing and then violin/viola lessons. No children's choir! :hurray: and a little :(

• Like 5

I got my first flu shot in 25 years today. I had a bad reaction 25 years ago and avoided them afterwards. But this year the news I am hearing locally about how bad a flu season it is caused me to decide to try it anyway. It’s been an hour and I am fine. Not even much pain in my arm so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I wish I had cider. Well, I do, but I won't get it until tomorrow. 

I did not get any query letters out. I decided to work a little bit more on a few things and get them out tomorrow or late tonight. That works.

Very tired and a little depressed today. I have to bake a cheesecake in the morning that I won't get to eat, and then spend the afternoon hearing about how I'm going to get poked in a place that I really don't think I'm going to enjoy. Boohoo me.

Well, at least I have peanut butter and dark chocolate in my stash.

• Like 3

I wish I had cider. Well, I do, but I won't get it until tomorrow. 

I did not get any query letters out. I decided to work a little bit more on a few things and get them out tomorrow or late tonight. That works.

Very tired and a little depressed today. I have to bake a cheesecake in the morning that I won't get to eat, and then spend the afternoon hearing about how I'm going to get poked in a place that I really don't think I'm going to enjoy. Boohoo me.

Well, at least I have peanut butter and dark chocolate in my stash.

:grouphug:

ETA:  Hugs for Critter Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4