Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Sunday!!ðŸ‘

Church!!⛪ï¸ðŸ’•

We slept in this morning. Intentionally. We will go to second service, which now that I think about it, will be really good. First service is contemporary, with a worship band, they are good.... but I am an old fogie. Second service is traditional with a choir and they had their Christmas Program Friday and Saturday night, which we missed, so hopefully and probably they will sing some songs from that. That will be good.

• Like 4

How do you Ignore someone on the forum? (NOT one of you!)

Eta, nevermind. Figured it out.

You would think we would know how. 😂😂😂

Uh oh, this so one of those Alice in Wonderland kind of things. Spud found a wormhole.... it’s an ITT withIn the ITT. Quick, everyone, run for your life’s before you get sucked in.
  • Like 4

We're going to try to take a picture for Christmas cards today. Even before Baby for some reason having everyone look at the camera and not look stupid has been a tremendous challenge. May the odds be in our favor. May it only take a minute.

I took about a hundred pictures this time, and I only took 2 kids!!

I used a picture from Family Camp in May. When the kids were little and changed a lot over the year I always felt like I had to take one at the end of the year (and Paige, in your case this is certainly necessary), but taking family pictures was always such a nightmare. No one wanted to do it in the first place and then to get everyone to look decent.... the picture I used isn’t great. We all look pretty good, but it was taken in the mountains on a sunny day and we are standing on a bridge with lots of surrounding trees so there are a lot of shadows. But I used it anyway. Less stress.
  • Like 5

Ed-Po

School planning is done for the week. I'm a little bit nutty about KISS Grammar this week. It's the first time I've ever seen (outside of a certain creative writing book I love) a section on the logic of punctuation and how it can be used as an element of style all in itself.

Nerd.

• Like 5

DH is walking around on the roof, looking for signal. So far, the chimney is the only place on this property where one can play a video without having to wait for it to load. There might be a tree out there in the woods somewhere, but it looks like I was right about the writer on the roof. :laugh:

ETA: I just went out to check on him, but he got distracted and started cleaning out the gutters. I love that man.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

(((Jean))) I'm glad the decision was made.

Happy birthday EP! :party:

Renai, anything amazing for Gymnast?

I think we might not be churching. Not sure.

I don't remember if I texts links before my phone drowned - the rollercoaster challenge I'm saving for birthday.

• Like 1

Critter, maybe your yard needs a stairway to nowhere. Stay off the roof.

It was freezy out and we didn't do church, but it's better now. DH went up to the Red Cross and gave blood and is going to take DS to a later mass.

The boys are going to go bring home firewood.

We are back from church. During the Sunday school hour, dh and I took a quick walk around the square to look at the "Dickens of a Christmas" booths. It is sooooooooo cold outside! We'll have lunch soon, then Advent wreath & treats, and then everyone is required to take a nap before we leave for the Lessons and Carols service at church.

• Like 3

My house is such a wreck, I have to clean before I can clean. Now that the pups are house trained, I want to deep clean the carpets. But first I have to get everything off the floor and clean out the carpet shampooer. Before I can do that, I need to be able to get to the sink so I have to wash dishes. But first I have to unload the dishwasher...It's never ending.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Ed-Po

School planning is done for the week. I'm a little bit nutty about KISS Grammar this week. It's the first time I've ever seen (outside of a certain creative writing book I love) a section on the logic of punctuation and how it can be used as an element of style all in itself.

KISS Grammar is my favorite! It doesn't get enough love.

I used a picture from Family Camp in May. When the kids were little and changed a lot over the year I always felt like I had to take one at the end of the year (and Paige, in your case this is certainly necessary), but taking family pictures was always such a nightmare. No one wanted to do it in the first place and then to get everyone to look decent.... the picture I used isn’t great. We all look pretty good, but it was taken in the mountains on a sunny day and we are standing on a bridge with lots of surrounding trees so there are a lot of shadows. But I used it anyway. Less stress.

I wish I could do that. I've sometimes done a collage of the kids' best individual pictures from the year but I wanted everyone together for Baby's first. It wasn't so bad. There's no perfect picture but there's one or two that's good enough. I have friends with cooperative kids who just stand and smile and take the picture. They don't know how good they have it! At least my older kids are willing to attempt cooperation now. Mostly.  

• Like 3

Ed-Po

I may not be great shakes at all punctuation, and I may have an affinity for prepositional phrases, but I do know how to tell an infinitive phrase from a prepositional phrase, thank you very much.

#whyyoushouldknowgrammar

#thecomputerisn'talwaysright

#smartypants

• Like 4

KISS Grammar is my favorite! It doesn't get enough love.

I wish I could do that. I've sometimes done a collage of the kids' best individual pictures from the year but I wanted everyone together for Baby's first. It wasn't so bad. There's no perfect picture but there's one or two that's good enough. I have friends with cooperative kids who just stand and smile and take the picture. They don't know how good they have it! At least my older kids are willing to attempt cooperation now. Mostly.  

The interface is a pain to use. Visually, the site almost blinds me, but I struggle through because I like the depth.

• Like 2

My house is such a wreck, I have to clean before I can clean. Now that the pups are house trained, I want to deep clean the carpets. But first I have to get everything off the floor and clean out the carpet shampooer. Before I can do that, I need to be able to get to the sink so I have to wash dishes. But first I have to unload the dishwasher...It's never ending.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I need to unload my dishwasher.

I think oldest will have to text me s selfie if we're going to send out a family picture this year. 😱😜

• Like 2

Hmm. They are a staple in my ITT posts...probably bc I write them in a conversational tone and I use them for all my awkward pauses.

My conversation has a lot of awkward pauses.

Don’t tell me if that’s grammatically incorrect. 😜

That's how you are supposed to use them. In this case, I wanted the reader to sit back and think with the protagonist while the rain comes down, and it's quiet, and he's internally debating his position.

• Like 4

Hmm. They are a staple in my ITT posts...probably bc I write them in a conversational tone and I use them for all my awkward pauses.

My conversation has a lot of awkward pauses.

Don’t tell me if that’s grammatically incorrect. 😜

Same.

Most of the songs in that Lindsey Stirling book have like four flats. I had to count it out looking at them to even figure out what the 4th one was. Bes Es As Des. At least the Pokémon theme that I bought it four isn't that bad... but ugh... maybe I should've bought something else (I've also been able to make the Star Wars theme sound vaguely like the Star Wars theme, but I've only watched like half a Star Wars movie or something, so I'm not too familiar with that one). (it's not just the excessive flats... the notes aren't all that easy otherwise either)

Most of the songs in that Lindsey Stirling book have like four flats. I had to count it out looking at them to even figure out what the 4th one was. Bes Es As Des. At least the Pokémon theme that I bought it four isn't that bad... but ugh... maybe I should've bought something else (I've also been able to make the Star Wars theme sound vaguely like the Star Wars theme, but I've only watched like half a Star Wars movie or something, so I'm not too familiar with that one). (it's not just the excessive flats... the notes aren't all that easy otherwise either)

Oh, and of course the violin being 1/4 size isn't helping anything either. Broccoli's violin teacher was amazed I was able to play on it at all. 

Finally pulled out the watercolor crayons for the kids. They work pretty well, and the kids had fun with them. Oh, and I set up the xmas tree. Turns out its lights are broken, and the branches are not getting better with time either, of course. So, at the moment it's kind of sad looking, with just three ornaments in it (Roman soldier, Viking ship, and a buffalo) and no working lights (it's a small tree, but still).

• Like 3

I wish I knew where my origami paper is so I could have the kids cut stars (folding a couple of times, then cutting out pieces). I *could* use regular paper too, but you'd kind of want the paper to be square, and trying to cut normal printer paper to be square is, uh, not that fun. I *know* I have origami paper somewhere.