Menu

Ignore this thread!

I need to decide if I'm going to travel across the country to my nephew's funeral.  The funeral is on Wednesday.  I think that I would have to go Tuesday, find a hotel, go back probably on Thursday. 

Pros:  He's my nephew.

He's my favorite sister's child (the favorite part shouldn't be a big deciding factor but she is one of my closest friends)

Cons:  Sister told me not to come.  Not in a "I don't want to see you" sort of way but I think because she realizes that -

We don't have the money.  Dh is coming back late tonight from a trip and you saw my meltdown a week ago about finances.

Monday I have a doctor's appointment and it's dd's birthday. 

While I am capable of traveling on my own, I am already achy from a flare and none of this would be easy on me physically

But I just don't know what to do.  One brother is traveling from out West.  The other isn't.  And one sister is local to my other sister. 

Since she told you not to come, I'm leaning towards only go if you want to. He's not going to come back to life if you go or anything. 

I missed three of my grandparents' funerals for financial/passport reasons. 

ETA: the 4th one died when I was 7, so well before I moved to the US. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3

I need to decide if I'm going to travel across the country to my nephew's funeral. The funeral is on Wednesday. I think that I would have to go Tuesday, find a hotel, go back probably on Thursday.

Pros: He's my nephew.

He's my favorite sister's child (the favorite part shouldn't be a big deciding factor but she is one of my closest friends)

Cons: Sister told me not to come. Not in a "I don't want to see you" sort of way but I think because she realizes that -

We don't have the money. Dh is coming back late tonight from a trip and you saw my meltdown a week ago about finances.

While I am capable of traveling on my own, I am already achy from a flare and none of this would be easy on me physically

But I just don't know what to do. One brother is traveling from out West. The other isn't. And one sister is local to my other sister.

If your sister needs you to go then go, no matter what it takes. If she doesn't need you then don't go.

• Like 3

If your sister needs you to go then go, no matter what it takes. If she doesn't need you then don't go.

Yeah.  We're texting about it.  Her reply to me saying that I still haven't made up my mind  is "I totally understand that it would be difficult so please don't let it worry you."  She knows that I love her. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

(((Renai)))

Krissi, my like is really that I'm indignant on your behalf. You should use the extra time to shave and get a pedicure. 😜

Actually, I am home helping DS with a project for Drivers Ed, making CHristmas Cookies and getting started on sending out Christmas cards.  I haven't shaved my legs since.... since.... I have no idea. One of the perks of perimenopause is that I rarely have to shave my legs.

• Like 3

I forgot to tell y'all that my microwave died this week. We need to get a new one, but this week has been so busy.

Cooking has been more challenging this week. Just what I needed. At least we have a large freezer now for chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. that can just be thrown in the oven.

Mine isn’t dead, but the front panel has been falling down. So I superglued it back in place. So far it’s holding...

• Like 2

Mine isn’t dead, but the front panel has been falling down. So I superglued it back in place. So far it’s holding...

Everything on our microwave is working -- except it doesn't heat anything.   :glare:

The microwave we had prior to this one started arcing.  At least that isn't happening this time.

• Like 3

((Renai))

((Jean))

[emoji322]Riv[emoji322]

[emoji512]Bookie and Lynn's DS[emoji512]

[emoji477]everyone[emoji477]

I did it! I went out today and did all the Christmas shopping. I went from no gifts bought to completion in a matter of hours. I usually spread it out and buy early for planning and financial reasons, but there is something to be said for the one and done approach. Maybe next year I'll actually put money aside each month and do the same thing except in November. Probably not, but maybe.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I was going to go shopping for stocking stuffers today, but we got snow. Wet, heavy, sticky snow. Maybe 2�

Anyway, I scrubbed the bathroom floor instead. On my hands and knees. It looks really clean now. Yay.

Now I’m bundled up on the couch, near the Christmas tree, reading.

• Like 5

(((Jean)))

(((Renai))) feeling any better?

No. I feel terrible.I think it may have to do with my blood pressure, but I can't find the cuff. Or it might be the meds I took for it. Those have given me a headache many times.

Edited by Renai

Internet ads are lazy. They aren't even showing me new stuff that I might be interested in. They just show me my own Amazon wish lists. I already know that stuff is cool; that's why it's on the list.

Yes, but they don't want to be on your list, they want to be in your shopping cart, and then have you click on check out now. 

YouTube ads are dumb. Google owns YouTube, I thought, and surely Google should know that I'm not ready to join the AARP just yet.  :001_rolleyes:

• Like 3

My boys will be in high school. I'm avoiding thinking about it.

I really should have started working on this writing career years ago. I'm hardly smart enough to figure out every punctuation mark that will make me look like an amateur. I'm hardly smart enough to figure out what minor mistake will get my first five pages rejected. And I'm way too sleep deprived to be thinking about this.

Somebody slap me and tell me to quit being so down.

Critter, here’s a slap (but with a feather duster 😜). Relax, honey!! You need some rest. Don’t think about this right now. Enjoy some Christmas music, have a good dinner.... I’ll send Rocco by in his spiffy Bermuda shorts and polo shirt to give you a foot massage!

• Like 8

(Dd15 made it into mid-state orchestra! She worked her tail off for the audition, but we were still a little surprised that she made it in because competition is so stiff and she gets very very nervous. She had her violin wear a mustache to the audition, so that may have helped calm her nerves. :D )

• Like 10

Critter, here’s a slap (but with a feather duster 😜). Relax, honey!! You need some rest. Don’t think about this right now. Enjoy some Christmas music, have a good dinner.... I’ll send Rocco by in his spiffy Bermuda shorts and polo shirt to give you a foot massage!

Foot massage...

(Dd15 made it into mid-state orchestra! She worked her tail off for the audition, but we were still a little surprised that she made it in because competition is so stiff and she gets very very nervous. She had her violin wear a mustache to the audition, so that may have helped calm her nerves. :D )

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I need to decide if I'm going to travel across the country to my nephew's funeral.  The funeral is on Wednesday.  I think that I would have to go Tuesday, find a hotel, go back probably on Thursday. 

Pros:  He's my nephew.

Cons:  Sister told me not to come.  Not in a "I don't want to see you" sort of way but I think because she realizes that -

We don't have the money.  Dh is coming back late tonight from a trip and you saw my meltdown a week ago about finances.

But I just don't know what to do.  One brother is traveling from out West.  The other isn't.  And one sister is local to my other sister. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1