Menu

Ignore this thread!

:grouphug: And coffee to all who need them! 

I'm up a little early this morning. We have art class, and therefore have need to get a few things done on the school list before we have to leave. I had a coughing spasm this morning, my neck is still not right from the hacking, but I feel much better. Got some story work to do later today as well, and writers' meeting. 

• Like 5

I am alive!

Paige--well wishes for your baby day!

Luuknam---My dd had selective mutism, triggered by stress. I think your wife needs a visit from the ENB because goodness knows you've been tolerant of her many ups and downs. Many hugs to you!

I think this home remodeling thing is for the birds. I still need to caulk my countertops, paint three more areas, and then refinish my kitchen cabinets. I'd rather gut my kitchen and start over but my budget is $400.....

• Like 8

I dreamed that people I knew were refinishing this huge house. It was almost new, and everything in it looked great. They were ripping out solid walnut cabinetry and I just about had a fit, because they were throwing it away! Solid walnut cabinets! I was begging them to let me get my truck, and I'd take them out myself.

Makes me wonder if this is my subconscious telling me to be very careful editing now that I'm close to the end of the story, or if I just was thinking again that I'd like really good cabinets. :laugh:

• Like 6

The doctor wants my baby delivered in the next day or two because he hasn't grown much. Nothing seems wrong- fluid is good, activity level is good, placenta looks like it's getting blood...but he hasn't grown much since last month and he was small last month. 

I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure everything is normal and I just make small babies. ALL my kids have been SGA and I'm a small person. He's estimated to be bigger than DD who was born around this time. Inductions can by no fun. And I have stuff to do this week: I have an IEP meeting, puppy's last week of her doggy class, and my washer to be delivered!

On the other hand, I'm tired of being pregnant, cranky, and happy to kick him out, and I am an older mom this time, so maybe something is wrong. Baby is smaller than DS; maybe I should compare boy to boy. The doctor even said she thinks everything is probably fine, but that with my age and thyroid, and because I've been sick, she doesn't want to take any chances. 

Oh- and it's my birthday week- I didn't want to have baby on my birthday! And if we schedule it, that means family may be able to make it in time. (And I don't want them in the hospital). Maybe I should just try to do it today since the kids are off school, DH is off work, and there's no time for people to make travel plans. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Dd6 has been throwing up so we’re doing the bare minimu for the other kids and hoping this is mild food poisoning rather than flu. ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ¤žðŸ»

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

They want me to come in tonight at 8pm. If it's favorable, they'll induce right away. If I don't look like I'm ready for anything, they'll do cervidil overnight and then try inducing in the morning. I'm eating a bowl of mango, kiwi, and pineapple to try to help! Wish me luck. Hopefully since it's my 5th, my body will cooperate right away. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

and  :grouphug:  for the baby, too!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm like, wouldn't normal people just try to comfort someone, instead of telling them to go to their room? But, I don't know. I don't know what normal is. I do know I do not like getting yelled at, I do not fail to communicate on purpose (selective mutism), and periods flipping suck. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope today goes better for you.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday.ðŸ‘

Too much to do today. 😩

Yay for Ellie being home.

Brrrrr for JJM!!

Boo for Tatsr Tot throwing up!!

Yay for Baby Paige almost being here. It's a Paigelet!!

Yay for Angi checking in!

Hi Susan and Lynn and AMJ and Critter and Slashie and Prairie!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

I got my first Stich Fix. I loved it. Mostly. I'm sending back 2 out of the 5, exchanging one for a different size (being pear shaped, my shoulders are much narrower than my hips) and keeping 2 outright. I really liked the quality of the items. Yes, they were a bit more than I usually spend, but it's better quality clothes than I generally buy, since I generally do my shopping at Costco or Walmart.

How were the prices for what you decided to buy?  Are any of the items they sent special care?  Is there a commitment to have a certain minimum numbers of deliveries, or can you try it just once?

• Like 2

Dd, Dh and I go to the pediatric cardiologist today. It's probably a utilitarian visit to get the holter monitor but Dh suddenly wanted to come. Which is fine. He's in health care, after all. But it feels weird to have him come!

Dd really wants to go to this food co-op afterwards. I have belonged for years but it's out of the way for me so I rarely go. But they are cheaper than Whole Foods and have some unique stuff. Maybe we'll pick up lunch from their deli.

• Like 8

Pitocin has started but I feel nothing. They say I’ve been contracting every 3-5 min since I got here, but I don’t notice them often. Contractions have actually been less noticeable since they started the pitocin. I’m afraid I’ll be waiting all day and night.

• Like 9

Dd, Dh and I go to the pediatric cardiologist today. It's probably a utilitarian visit to get the holter monitor but Dh suddenly wanted to come. Which is fine. He's in health care, after all. But it feels weird to have him come!

Dd really wants to go to this food co-op afterwards. I have belonged for years but it's out of the way for me so I rarely go. But they are cheaper than Whole Foods and have some unique stuff. Maybe we'll pick up lunch from their deli.

Yay, Mr. Jean!

Would he like to borrow a shooting.gif or a flamethrower.gif?

happy-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

• Like 5

Pitocin has started but I feel nothing. They say I’ve been contracting every 3-5 min since I got here, but I don’t notice them often. Contractions have actually been less noticeable since they started the pitocin. I’m afraid I’ll be waiting all day and night.

Is it possible for you to walk? That did a lot more for me than pitocin. But then, I went into one long contraction with the pitocin while the nurses were yelling "turn it off! Turn it off!" (But it still didn't progress labor as such).

• Like 2

How were the prices for what you decided to buy? Are any of the items they sent special care? Is there a commitment to have a certain minimum numbers of deliveries, or can you try it just once?

I am not good at determining prices. I hate shopping to begin with, and the last time I bought anything that wasn't from Walmart, Costco or Target was almost 2 years ago at Dress Barn. I'm pathetic, I know. The top I decided to keep was $36. I was ok with that. The necklace was a little more than I would have spent, but it was nice -$34. The cardigan was $68, yes, a little more than I would have spent, but I loved it, I felt it was good quality... and the bottom line is, I keep my clothes a long time. The skinny jeans....they were $78. I sent them back. I didn't like the way they fit anyway. Now, if they fit great, I might have been tempted to keep them. I probably would have worn them for the next 5-10 years if they still fit. How it works is.... you give them your information, and they ask about your lifestyle and show you pictures of outfits and you say how you like them so they can get a feel for your style. They send you five pieces (it's all a surprise) and you can keep them all (and get a 25% discount) or send as many back as you want. They charge a $20 styling fee, but you get that back when you purchase something. You can determine how often you get a box, and I'm pretty sure you can quit when you want.

And they give you little cards with your piece on it and show you how to match it with other things to make an outfit. I love that. I'm terrible at making outfits.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

First art class. I remembered perspective and how it makes me lose perspective. My mechanical minded child took off like a shot and left us all behind in the dust. I have a feeling that I'll be the last one limping across the finish line. I took home a book on it. For homework.

• Like 2

I wonder if dh regrets taking today off from work?  As I had warned him, today was a utilitarian visit for the monitoring system and we ended up not even seeing the doctor assigned to us.  But he has to do some elder care phone calls etc. for his parents so he probably needed the day offf anyway.

Ds appears to be having more car troubles.  I wish that he had listened to me and had just gotten a utilitarian car to get him reliably from point A to point B. 

• Like 4