Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tonight's edition of would you eat this: ground turkey, best by 8/2/17, frozen on 8/2/17, cooked just now, but smells very turkey-ish despite seasonings etc... I don't know what ground turkey is supposed to smell like, it just smells off or weird to me, but I can't tell if it's actually spoiled or not, other than that I'm starting to feel like going to Taco Bell and throw my effort into the trash (which also includes bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, etc). Hating myself now for not knowing. DW says she doesn't know either. Sigh. 

I should've just tossed it when it was still just onions, garlic, and turkey, obviously, and started over. I asked DW then, and she said ground turkey always smells weird. It just doesn't smell appealing to me (she used to make a pasta dish with ground turkey in it that I liked... but she hasn't made that in a long time, and it had feta in it, which of course has a significant smell itself). 

Tonight's edition of would you eat this: ground turkey, best by 8/2/17, frozen on 8/2/17, cooked just now, but smells very turkey-ish despite seasonings etc... I don't know what ground turkey is supposed to smell like, it just smells off or weird to me, but I can't tell if it's actually spoiled or not, other than that I'm starting to feel like going to Taco Bell and throw my effort into the trash (which also includes bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, etc). Hating myself now for not knowing. DW says she doesn't know either. Sigh.

If it smells off, toss it. If you want to experiment in the future, cook it the day you buy it and see how it smells.

• Like 3

If it smells off, toss it. If you want to experiment in the future, cook it the day you buy it and see how it smells.

Yeah. I just really wanted pasta (like, with homemade sauce, not from a jar). The internet is no help... some say turkey shouldn't have a smell, others say it smells a lot like turkey, and only has gone bad if it smells sour. 

99% are not. 😂😱ðŸ‘

I'm not convinced he did. Not that he's lying but perhaps he has a different definition of "read the whole book" like read all the stories or something.   

Divine intervention?

That must be it!  

If kids are really interested in doing something, they can surprise you.

True.

• Like 2

They want me to come in tonight at 8pm. If it's favorable, they'll induce right away. If I don't look like I'm ready for anything, they'll do cervidil overnight and then try inducing in the morning. I'm eating a bowl of mango, kiwi, and pineapple to try to help! Wish me luck. Hopefully since it's my 5th, my body will cooperate right away. 

E is back in labor at 7cm. Baby expected tonight. NICU is in the basement.

Prayers for healthy babies and laboring mamas.

• Like 4

If it smells bad to me, I don't eat it. Whether it's bad or not. I won't be able to get it down.

• Like 2

This nasty character is a real piece of work. I like him, but he's truly the most awful person I've ever crafted. It's terrifying to think that he does the things he does to my main character while actually feeling some degree of sympathy for him, while at the same time having no remorse whatsoever for his own actions. 

• Like 5

:grouphug: No, you're not. And no you don't. 

Thanks. Yeah, I'm like, wouldn't normal people just try to comfort someone, instead of telling them to go to their room? But, I don't know. I don't know what normal is. I do know I do not like getting yelled at, I do not fail to communicate on purpose (selective mutism), and periods flipping suck. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's part of the reason I decided not to. The other was that maybe it did smell somewhat sour. I don't know. 

I once threw out a whole pot of chicken stew because I couldn't eat it due to the way it looked. And I'd worked on it most of the day.

In the end, it's just food. Yes, it's money, and yes, I feel I've wasted my time, effort and money for something I can't eat. But if I felt bad about that, I'd be in trouble because I'd have to feel bad about any and all writing that doesn't go into a book, or any and all curriculum that doesn't work out, or any and all craft projects that didn't turn out. Life's too short.

• Like 2

Thanks. Yeah, I'm like, wouldn't normal people just try to comfort someone, instead of telling them to go to their room? But, I don't know. I don't know what normal is. I do know I do not like getting yelled at, I do not fail to communicate on purpose (selective mutism), and periods flipping suck. 

:grouphug: I don't think it's normal to not comfort someone when they are sad, and yelling at someone who is upset just isn't right at all in my book.

And yes, the dreaded aunt is a bad word.

• Like 4

It's a terrible feeling to feel lonely and alone when you are sad. I know that sometimes I'm not easy to comfort, and sometimes people won't even try with me. It's like they don't want to try because they don't want to share my sadness. Like I'm contagious. That's hard.

• Like 5

I got my first Stich Fix. I loved it. Mostly. I'm sending back 2 out of the 5, exchanging one for a different size (being pear shaped, my shoulders are much narrower than my hips) and keeping 2 outright. I really liked the quality of the items. Yes, they were a bit more than I usually spend, but it's better quality clothes than I generally buy, since I generally do my shopping at Costco or Walmart.

• Like 6

It's a terrible feeling to feel lonely and alone when you are sad. I know that sometimes I'm not easy to comfort, and sometimes people won't even try with me. It's like they don't want to try because they don't want to share my sadness. Like I'm contagious. That's hard.

Argh! And :grouphug: for the next time you need it.

• Like 2

It's crock-pot bonus night here on ITT. Yummy and very easy (and healthy.... Mostly) Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef (browned and seasoned with Taco seasoning)

1 can, undrained, of each of the following - pinto beans, hominy, kidney beans, black beans, corn, creamed corn, stewed tomatoes.

1 package Ranch dressing mix

Dump it all (don't drain any of the cans of beans) in the crock pot and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve with cheese and fritoes scoops.

** you can be flexible with the beans. I don't like kidney beans, so I subbed white beans. I didn't have plain pinto beans, so I threw in a can of S&W Chili Beans. I also forgot to season the meat before I thee it in the crock pot, so I just put the taco seasoning in the soup.

And this is a Bean Soup Booya/h to ya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

We watched The Lion, about a kid who at 5yo accidentally gets on a train to Calcutta (which is over a 1000 miles away), and can't tell anybody there where he's from (he knows his first name and the name of his tiny village, but not what part of India that village is in or w/e). He eventually finds his village 25 years later using Google Earth. Crazy, and makes me very thankful that my kids are old enough to be able to say their full names, spell their address, know DW's phone number, and, of course, that we have a lot more money and technology than India did in 1986.

Did I tell you about the time we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house (in MN) when ds12 was about 4yo? There were a bunch of people at the house and we were getting dinner ready and visiting and stuff. And then it was dinner time and we called the kids but ds didn't come. So we searched the house and the yard. Then we started on the big field out back and the neighbor's houses and the pond across the street. Dh walked down the street and saw a police car a couple blocks down. He ran over and there was ds sitting in the back of the police car - the officer was talking to a lady. Apparently ds had walked down the street, walked into this lady's house, and started playing with her daughter and their toys. Ds didn't speak much then and the poor lady had no idea where he had come from. :svengo:

• Like 6