Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Derek & Krissi)))

You would not have enjoyed the past hour at our house quite so much if you were dd11 and had lost your binder of quartet music which no one (not even Dad) could find anywhere in the house and so mom was rather displeased since everyone else was waiting and ready to practice. :glare:

• Like 3

I'm trying hard not to. I definitely think you have it worse than me ( :grouphug: ). I didn't take any meds today which may be why I am noticing my diminished breathing function, but I just hate being drugged up all the time. I tried to go off it at night first and ended up hacking so loudly I relented so as to not keep the boys up.

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Still catching up on yesterday evening's ITT.  You gals have been busy.

We paddled this morning.  For most of the time we were out the lake was CALM!  I have never seen it so calm!  It was heavenly to find a quiet area and just sit out there a bit.  

We came back to the boat ramp after our sitting, and it took more effort.  The slight current was helping us, but the waves and wakes from the increasing boat traffic were working against us.  It also didn't help that, as we neared the boat ramp, some numbskulls in a boat and another on a jet ski decided that it would be fun to cut close in front of DD16 and me instead of simply passing behind us to go into the cove we had just crossed.  There was another mo or ron that sped through the no-wake zone around the boat ramp.  The vast majority of the boaters out were considerate and careful, but those few examples certainly grabbed the attention.

We picked up Arby's drive-through for lunch coming home, ate, unloaded the gear, and I fell asleep on the couch while the girls watched a new show and DH spread out wet things around the garage to dry.

It is such a gorgeous day today!

Time to make chili.  We ate the crab legs yesterday, so today is chili.

I did put one load of laundry in the wash.  I am getting SOME stuff done, but the day really needed to be mostly fun.

• Like 3

Good Sunday Morning!

COFFEE!

Shower!  Get people up!  Go to church!  Update calendars and planners for the week!

Btw, dh has not been feeling well - stomach pain.  I'm beginning to suspect his symptoms might mean an ulcer.  I'm hoping he feels a little better today and can wait until tomorrow to call the doctor.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope it stays better enough to wait, and he does go in to get checked out.  No chance it's the appendix, right?

We can’t even get self-cleaning ovens to do much.

Self-cleaning ovens are a little hard on chromed oven racks.  The shiny chrome finish burns off.  It turns out the owner's manual does say you have to clean those by hand.

I have cramps. They suck. Walking seems to help. It's only 10:30 and I'm already halfway to my step count. But sitting is uncomfortable.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

(((Derek & Krissi)))

You would not have enjoyed the past hour at our house quite so much if you were dd11 and had lost your binder of quartet music which no one (not even Dad) could find anywhere in the house and so mom was rather displeased since everyone else was waiting and ready to practice. :glare:

I was running around like a mad woman this morning looking for my keys. It turned out that they were around my neck the whole time on a lanyard.

• Like 7

I was running around like a mad woman this morning looking for my keys. It turned out that they were around my neck the whole time on a lanyard.

I once couldn't find the baby...... while I was holding her on my lap. :D :glare:

I did that once getting into the car after church. I was panicked, where was my Bible?? Where had I left my Bible?? In Sunday School?? In the Sanctuary?? "Mom, it's in your hand!" "Oh..... so it is!"

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I am home from the lake. It was too hot really, but we tried. I probably have some sunburn. I worked out with Moby again by myself, and ended up amidships so that I could actually paddle. Ballast is certainly needed, but I haven't had time or energy to make my ballast sacks. I got to coughing and had to take Benedryl. However, we saw a bald eagle today out on the lake. That makes the trouble worth it.

• Like 5

I once couldn't find the baby...... while I was holding her on my lap. :D :glare:

I have, more than once, been talking to someone and needed to check something on my phone. So I look for it and start to panic before I realize that I am currently talking on it, as if it were a telephone or something.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I was really hoping the tonsilectomy would help dd bc she would hopefully be generally better rested, but it seems like iher anxiety is worse if anything. And now she’s sneezing all the time and I’m wondering if she ought to be tested for allergies.

You know, I think one of the best things about being rich would be hiring a private doctor and saying, “here, just figure this kid out for me.â€

• Like 1

I was really hoping the tonsilectomy would help dd bc she would hopefully be generally better rested, but it seems like iher anxiety is worse if anything. And now she’s sneezing all the time and I’m wondering if she ought to be tested for allergies.

You know, I think one of the best things about being rich would be hiring a private doctor and saying, “here, just figure this kid out for me.â€

I'm looking forward to the day when they have that thing like on Star Trek where you're just laying there and the doctor waves this wand over you and it tells you exactly what your problem is.

• Like 7

Tylenol is helping. Hopefully I can hit it with ibuprofen again before rebound and sleep okay.

Fixing to start composing the long synopsis. Short is finished, and I'm reasonably happy with it for now. I'll use a different kind of template for the longer version to detail the plot in a more intricate way. Then I'll put in my chapter summaries, and that should complete the basic set of documents I need before querying agents. I think.

• Like 6

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope she gets better soon.

My ribs hurt. My back hurts. My hips hurt. My knees hurt. Somebody just sedate me. Or tell gravity to leave me alone! :glare:

Imma hot pack my neck and shoulders and take some Tylenol.

I'm kinda there with you.  My collar bones hurt.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the day when they have that thing like on Star Trek where you're just laying there and the doctor waves this wand over you and it tells you exactly what your problem is.

That would be nice, except when working it over certain people.  "Attitude."  "Attitude."  "Attitude."  And I'm not even talking kids or teens.

• Like 3

Tylenol is helping. Hopefully I can hit it with ibuprofen again before rebound and sleep okay.

Fixing to start composing the long synopsis. Short is finished, and I'm reasonably happy with it for now. I'll use a different kind of template for the longer version to detail the plot in a more intricate way. Then I'll put in my chapter summaries, and that should complete the basic set of documents I need before querying agents. I think.

:hurray:  :hurray:

Go, Critter!  Go!

• Like 2

Y'all!!! I'll be home tomorrow!!! No Internet where I've been, and I hate doing forums on my cell phone. I cannot promise I will ketchup competely, but  I'll give it a good shot tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day...

There will be a quiz! :lol:

• Like 3

So we are mostly taking the day off tomorrow except for music practice and some things dd14 needs to do for tutorial and music lesson and children's choir in the afternoon. Dh has the day off and wants me to help him find some shoes for his birthday after he goes into the office to do some work while it's quiet.

Oh, and for his 50th birthday, ds22 is coming home and we will pick up dd19 at the university and then head to a state park near her school that has some hiking trails and canoes and kayaks and peddleboats to rent. We'll have a picnic lunch and then have dinner somewhere in the university town - probably Cracker Barrel. Because bacon.

Here's a fun song to learn this week:

• Like 7

So we are mostly taking the day off tomorrow except for music practice and some things dd14 needs to do for tutorial and music lesson and children's choir in the afternoon. Dh has the day off and wants me to help him find some shoes for his birthday after he goes into the office to do some work while it's quiet.

Oh, and for his 50th birthday, ds22 is coming home and we will pick up dd19 at the university and then head to a state park near her school that has some hiking trails and canoes and kayaks and peddleboats to rent. We'll have a picnic lunch and then have dinner somewhere in the university town - probably Cracker Barrel. Because bacon.

Well, isn't that a co-inky-dink! Today is my DH's 50th birthday. We went out for dinner (with the kids) at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I made him a berry pie for dessert last night.

• Like 8

Well, isn't that a co-inky-dink! Today is my DH's 50th birthday. We went out for dinner (with the kids) at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I made him a berry pie for dessert last night.

🎈🎈🎈🎂 Happy Birthday Mr. KrissiK! 🎂🎈🎈🎈

• Like 3

Good morning!

We were supposed to sleep in. :glare:

I am watching the weather closely for tomorrow because I planned to take them to a free Riders in the Sky concert at the Big City public library - forcast is for thunderstorms. Boooooo!

We are skipping most lessons today though we will still do story time and hopefully finish the overdue book this week. We also need to start The Odyssey drama. Kids have music lessons and children's choir and I have a dress rehearsal tonight.

Coffee substitute!

• Like 5

Happy 50th Birthdays!

I am much less sore that I anticipated. I think getting ahead of the pain wind-up was successful. At least I can move and stretch this morning. Caffeine, and then I'm going to try to walk the dogs a little bit. I only had one coughing spell this morning, and it didn't leave me gasping and gagging. It's been a week. I've still got to finish out my antibiotics, but I think I'm finally better.

• Like 5

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfGWTiNN83E

With our cat he never would have gotten as far as the pig, not if he was desirous of saving his birds from my cat.  She's a crafty thing.  Fun song, though, and I like how he sings it!

Today I have a lengthy list of stuff I should be doing.  Is a month in advance too early to take the girls shopping for outfits and shoes to wear to their cousin's wedding?  Or should I wait to closer to the date?  No special attire rules or guidelines, just something appropriate to an outdoor wedding, so I don't have to worry about time for getting stuff in.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

I stepped on the scale this morning. I gained 3.5 lbs. last week. How does that happen?.😩😩😩😩😩 unless AF is coming (but I l have been noticing in the mirror that I am looking chubbier), but she's so hit-and-miss with peri. I haven't seen her since July. I had already decided to start WW with the ap. I ran into a gf of mine yesterday at church, she's a year older than me and had always struggled with her weight. And I tell you, I didn't even recognize her (and I see her at church all the time). She said she was doing WW. So, I decided that since I was burned out on the "Happy Hormones, Slim Belly" thing, I need to try something different.

Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5